GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

So terribly sad to see that they have confirmed that the body found yesterday is young Paige, I know that there was so much effort locally and much wider too to bring this young girl home. Such a cruel world at times, worrying to think that leaving to make your way to work in broad daylight can result in this. Her many friends I do know are absolutely heartbroken.

Tragic news

R I P Paige x :rose:

:( RIP Paige :rose:

Agreed Jerrica. May justice be swift!

What a beautiful young lady. Such a loss for her loved ones. May justice for her murder be swift and sure.

This case is horrible. I don't know Clydebank that well but it always hits home when a case is close by. So many questions that I know won't be answered straight away. What was the cause of death? Do police think this was a random attack or someone that was known to her? As she was staying over in her friends I think it is unlikely to be someone who knew her, they'd have to lie in wait for her. And she is only a little thing so I can see why a random attacker would go for her rather than someone that could put up more of a fight.

I was really hoping that the media had it wrong, and was so angry at them for tying the body found to this missing person report, but it looks like they were right damnit.

RIP beautiful Paige, a life unfairly cut short. May your attacker be swiftly caught & punished :rose:

This is so sad :(.

From this link:

Forensics officers have been conducting enquiries at the location and officers are in the process of gathering CCTV footage for review and carrying out door to door enquiries in an effort to establish what may have happened to Paige.

Paige was last seen leaving a friend’s house in Angus Street, Clydebank, around 0815 hours on Saturday 19 March 2016 and there is a confirmed sighting of her at 0820 hours at a local roll shop in Fleming Street, Clydebank. She would normally catch a Number 1A, 1B, 1D or Number 2 bus from East Barns Street in Clydebank into Glasgow city centre to then travel to work at a hairdressing salon in Broadcroft, Kirkintilloch, however she never arrived.

Her body was discovered behind Great Western Road around 1245 hours on Monday 21 March 2016, which is around 1.6km from the sighting in Fleming Street.

Detective Superintendent Duncan Sloan, the Senior Investigating Officer of the investigation said:

I am appealing to anyone who may have any information whatsoever about her movements from when she was last seen in the early hours of Saturday morning, to when her body was recovered at lunchtime on Monday. It’s crucial that I piece together where Paige went after the sighting at the roll shop in Fleming Street and her movements over the course of the weekend and I can only do that by appealing for information from the public.

“From speaking with family and friends, it is apparent that Paige was a well-liked, popular girl with many friends, who was keen to finish school and go on to work. She independently secured a work placement at a hairdressing shop in Kirkintilloch and would travel by bus into Glasgow city centre and then travel on another bus from Buchanan Bus Station out to Kirkintilloch. Someone may have seen her in this area at the time.

“I am also particularly interested in hearing from anyone who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area where she was found off Great Western Road on Monday lunchtime. This is a particularly busy route with lots of cars and buses passing, walkers and joggers on the pavement. Perhaps someone saw a vehicle in the area or people acting out of character or acting unusually that could help us in the investigation.

http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2016/march/murder-inquiry-launched-in-clydebank

It seems they are considering the possibility that she wasn't killed right away on Saturday morning?

Hope whoever did this are caught & very soon. Justice needs to be served swiftly for this poor girl & her family & friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashy Ahmed spoke to murdered Clydebank teenager Paige Doherty minutes before she vanished. He remembers her smile.

[video=twitter;712298214674849792]https://twitter.com/connorgillies/status/712298214674849792[/video]

Detective Superintendent Duncan Sloan, the Senior Investigating Officer of the investigation said:

http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2016/march/murder-inquiry-launched-in-clydebank

It seems they are considering the possibility that she wasn't killed right away on Saturday morning?

I also picked up on that Elainera and wondered whether they have reason to believe that Paige was left there on Monday rather than Saturday. I would have thought they would have appealed for reports of suspicious activity at any time between Sat morning and Mon afternoon.

Ashy Ahmed spoke to murdered Clydebank teenager Paige Doherty minutes before she vanished. He remembers her smile.

[video=twitter;712298214674849792]https://twitter.com/connorgillies/status/712298214674849792[/video]

I believe Ashy has been a shopkeeper in Whitecrook for around 25 years. He is well known and liked. Bit of useless information but thought I would add anyway.

I wonder if that's the guy from the sandwich shop? Or how he knows her / where he saw her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back