GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to double post, but something else just struck me. I know that JI and KD were working for subcontractors used by Airbus. We don't know if they were on an Airbus site or situated in another area. If they were using an Airbus vehicle I would assume they were on site, meaning they would have to pass through and back the security checkpoint. Security is pretty stringent on site and it would not be the norm to leave with an Airbus vehicle. It's likely they would have been stopped either outbound or inbound as to what they were doing/ going. Again gives a time factor as to the vans involvement, if you get me. Routine stop checks happen with vehicles passing through security,even employees own vehicles, at every hour of the day, and all sites run 24 hrs. Not sure where I am going with this but just a few thoughts.

IF the 4 weren't aware of what was in the packages / boxes etc. and merely thought it was weed / stolen goods then I feel sorry for them. They are most certainly going to pay a heavy price for stupidity..!

I can't imagine 4 of them willingly agreeing to be a part of this, or were they in some way scared of NM. I don't know, I just can't imagine them ALL knowing what NM had done. Only thing that makes me think otherwise is the workmate of DD saying he never engaged in conversation about BW being missing etc. whereby it sounds like he would usually engage in convo over other things. When there is a missing person in your area / city everyone is talking about it, or at the very least have their own take on what may or may not have happened. Especially with the person in question being your friends step-sister! You would at the very least say 'yeah, it's terrible what the family are going through, my mate is her step-sister' you wouldn't stay quiet if knew them, surely!

NM having a different address to SH was being discussed in the last thread. I'd guess he claimed he was living in his mothers so SH could get maximum benefits. I'd bet money he got carers allowance for "caring" for his mother.

Just an observation from the DM timeline. It appears that NM "struck lucky" the night that Becky's remains were moved. Both JI and KD were on a nightshift and had access to an Airbus vehicle. If this were not the case how would they have moved her remains? The Zafira and risk further contamination? Also the short time factor that the van was used possibly indicates that it was simply a "help us out with shifting some gear" ,they loaded, unloaded then left.

I'm not sure why a vehicle was needed at all. The two addresses are only a couple of minutes walk apart, so NM, even on his own, could surely have moved the cases and/or bags, even if it took several trips.

Regarding a post from previous thread about Becky's bedroom and the broken furniture/blinds - it COULD be that they were broken during the violent struggle?

Also, I have 3 daughters - my middle daughter had a brand new room - wallpaper, bed, bedding, beautiful furniture and between 16 and 18 she pretty much trashed the lot! Now she's 20 and buys her own stuff with her own money she takes more care ... also, although it's nice that you tidy your college age sons bedroom - most parents are not still tidying their kids rooms at that age!

He's only 16. To be honest, I find it hard to deal with mess, so I do it as much for me as him!

I know a few of us have commented on how this case reminds us of the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka case here in Canada. I've also noticed that we are grappling with the relationship between Shauna and Nathan. The link below is a very good article from Phsychology Today which examines the relationship between two people who murder TOGETHER. A very interesting read and my guess is that it might be very close to what has transpired between Shauna and Nathan. It might explain a whole lot.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201406/partners-in-crime

Wow thats a really interesting link, thank you for posting it. Thought provoking.

Wow thats a really interesting link, thank you for posting it. Thought provoking.

For you, knowing the family, this article may speak volumes.

I remembered reading something a long time ago regarding how people connect with each other and not necessarily for good. I went looking and found it again. I'm certainly NOT making excuses for anyone, but I always NEED to know why. This articles answers some of the whys? that I have.

I'm not sure why a vehicle was needed at all. The two addresses are only a couple of minutes walk apart, so NM, even on his own, could surely have moved the cases and/or bags, even if it took several trips.
Possibly lots of cctv in the area? Walking back and too several times would be picked up? Agreed though it's only 80 metres apart so was s vehicle necessary?

I remembered reading something a long time ago regarding how people connect with each other and not necessarily for good. I went looking and found it again. I'm certainly NOT making excuses for anyone, but I always NEED to know why. This articles answers some of the whys? that I have.
Great article teals grove, very informative.

NM having a different address to SH was being discussed in the last thread. I'd guess he claimed he was living in his mothers so SH could get maximum benefits. I'd bet money he got carers allowance for "caring" for his mother.
Yes I thought this. SH doesn't seem to have had a job and NM just had part time delivery work so I would think she would claim maximum benefits by saying she lived alone and he would say he lived at another address (his father's?) while claiming carer's benefits.

Just catching up and marking my spot.

OMG I could not cope with that amount of clutter - I can't believe they allowed a child to live in that mess. Common as muck, the lot of them. And yes I'm being judgemental and I don't care.

But he may have already considered the possibility that the police would check his car when they called round the next day - so risk of leaving traces in the car ? ( Bit late I know as he had already done that when he moved Becky from her home to his, but still )
Plus it was something like 2am when they did the move - one trip would have been bad enough and possibly noticed at that hour of the night - 3 or 4 could have been very suspicious, especially with all the cctv around.

But he may have already considered the possibility that the police would check his car when they called round the next day - so risk of leaving traces in the car ? ( Bit late I know as he had already done that when he moved Becky from her home to his, but still )
Plus it was something like 2am when they did the move - one trip would have been bad enough and possibly noticed at that hour of the night - 3 or 4 could have been very suspicious, especially with all the cctv around.

I meant on foot. And they don't seem to have worried about the van being picked up on CCTV.

Just catching up and marking my spot.

OMG I could not cope with that amount of clutter - I can't believe they allowed a child to live in that mess. Common as muck, the lot of them. And yes I'm being judgemental and I don't care.

I was trying to be more tactful than that but yes...thats about it.

That about sums it up.

It answers a lot, yes. Its a very interesting link, and pretty accurate according to what I know.

I was trying to be more tactful than that but yes...thats about it.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh but I think we're getting a better (as in more accurate) picture of the family, generally.

I am just taking small mercies that Becky's last 24 hours might have been happy - staying over a friends, bowling, decent meal etc. And then the morning she got home presumably all was calm and quiet, until it happened. Aside from that I think her home life was utterly miserable. Poor kid :(

I dont know how much about the actual home life Becky had will come out in court...maybe it wont as a mark of respect or something, but this is why I felt I had to respond to the poster saying SH may have been envious that Becky had it all, was adored, idolised etc. thats not the reality as I knew it.

Becky is now pictured in posters under the banner " Bristols Angel". I wish she could have been treated that way in life, and not only in death.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh but I think we're getting a better (as in more accurate) picture of the family, generally.

I am just taking small mercies that Becky's last 24 hours might have been happy - staying over a friends, bowling, decent meal etc. And then the morning she got home presumably all was calm and quiet, until it happened. Aside from that I think her home life was utterly miserable. Poor kid :(
I disagree. Nobody truly knows what goes on behind closed doors and let's not forget SH painted the picture she wanted to paint. RWs immediate family were clearly distraught at the time and they are victims in this too. Whether Retribution knows them or not, nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. Her boyfriend stated she was happy there has been nothing from anyone else to say she didn't have a reasonably happy family life with DG and AG. Whether the house wasn't up to others standards or not does not mean she had an unhappy or crap life. Sorry for rambling but imo it's not her family that's on trial here. Just moo.

I only know what I've read here and msm, but to me Becky seemed a pretty normal teenager. She had some problems with anorexia but managed to get through that. Had a boyfriend who was fond of her and doubtless other girlfriends. Argued with her dad - pretty normal, left clothes lying around - pretty normal.
Idk, but apart from Nm and SH practically living in her home, I haven't formed the opinion her home life was utterly miserable.
I trust very little of SH's interview comments about Becky and hopefully we will hear more and get a better picture as the trial goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname