UK UK - Renata Antczak, 49, Hull, East Yorkshire, 25 April 2017

Updated version of the earlier story from Daily Mail.
The elder daughter, quoted as being 18 a few days ago and 20 this morning, has now become a 23 year old.

Her husband, dentist Majid Mustafa, 47, has admitted she wanted a divorce and planned to return to her native Poland with their youngest daughter Victoria this summer – against his wishes.

He said his wife insisted they hold a party for their daughter on April 8, more than three weeks before her 11th birthday on April 30.

On April 25 Miss Antczak dropped Victoria off at school, returned home and spoke to her husband, who said he was ill in bed that day.

They had a ‘discussion’ about her returning to Poland with Victoria before Miss Antczak left the house on foot and has not been heard from since

Police have confirmed the last known sighting was when she left home in Hull at 1pm.

Dr Mustafa, who reported her missing when she failed to return home that day, said he had been ‘trying to get her to change her mind’ and still hopes she will return.

Sounds as though it is Renata's husband who has given the timing of 1pm departure from the home. If this is so, it would explain the earlier comment in msm re not knowing whether or not Renata was wearing a jacket or coat.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...issing-mother-planned-flee.html#ixzz4h5o3QXFz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

(bbm)

not clear on the answer if she drove to Poland, would they check her passport at the border

Just wondering, if somebody gets a lift to, or drives to Poland, do they actually record who goes through any borders or do they just look at your passport/ID card and let you carry on if it all looks ok?

Poland obeys the schengen agreement so there are no passport checks when entering from another EU country. However it's not possible to leave the UK without it being recorded. Exit checks are done at all UK airports, ports and train stations.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

(bbm)

not clear on the answer if she drove to Poland, would they check her passport at the border
Poland would not check her passport but the point is that doesn't matter as if she actually had left the UK there would be a record of that. Everyone leaving the UK is logged. That is how the police know she has not left the country.

Would be good to know the reason for the early party. Could it perhaps have been to do with end of year exams coming up and feeling there would be a need for more study time at end of April ?
The younger daughter being 11, she is presumably doing finals before moving on to secondary school.

Which is another reason for the odd choice of time to * disappear *. Renata had - allegedly - stated that she would wait until summer to move to Poland with her daughter. Why suddenly depart 3 months earlier and disrupt her child's life at a busy time for her, school wise.

So basically we have several scenarios:
1) That she planned to leave, (meaning she did arrange for the party to be held early because she knew she was going) and has gone to live in Poland, either with the weird sect or by herself
2) That she didn't intend to leave on that date, went out of the house for a walk, and something happened to her
3) Something happened to her in the house and she never left

This is just my own opinions, based on what's been reported so far. I'm not sure what theory I'm going with yet, although I think number 2 is the least likely IMO.

I hope every inch of the house has been searched by LE.
I forget what paper it was in and I'm on my phone right now so can't link it but there was a photo of the outside of the house with lots of police vehicles outside it. Was probably daily mail or Hull Daily mail.

Her husband's story sounds weird to me....BUT I looked at a recent news source -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/35661...as-husband-claims-she-may-have-joined-a-cult/

It says in the article:

For the last six months she had spent a week out of every month in Poland, supposedly to train as a therapist for a homeopathic treatment called TimeWaver.

Her Linkedn page does show her as working for them. It is all about balancing energies etc. So maybe he is telling the truth about her having an interest in some new spiritual things. At first I thought he'd just made up a random story but maybe not.

Still, doesn't mean she fled to join a cult/sect though....

There really isn't much information out there.

The only other thought that came to mind is that just because she didn't use her passport doesn't mean she isn't abroad. You can fly/drive on an ID card - no passport needed. Though I am sure the police would have checked this.

Her husband's story sounds weird to me....BUT I looked at a recent news source -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/35661...as-husband-claims-she-may-have-joined-a-cult/

It says in the article:

Her Linkedn page does show her as working for them. It is all about balancing energies etc. So maybe he is telling the truth about her having an interest in some new spiritual things. At first I thought he'd just made up a random story but maybe not.

Still, doesn't mean she fled to join a cult/sect though....

There really isn't much information out there.

The only other thought that came to mind is that just because she didn't use her passport doesn't mean she isn't abroad. You can fly/drive on an ID card - no passport needed. Though I am sure the police would have checked this.
SABBM

I didn't know that. So, just a driver's license or something similar ?

SABBM

I didn't know that. So, just a driver's license or something similar ?

ID cards. We don't have them in the UK but they have them in Europe. You can fly anywhere in Europe on them. My partner is Polish and her passport expired last year but we've been on holiday to both Croatia and Poland since, and she checks in with her ID card to the plane and that's what she shows to customs on both sides.

See this link for further info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identity_cards_in_the_European_Economic_Area

Mind you, I'm sure the police would have those details and have cross-referenced them too....hopefully!

Regarding the Timewaver thing I have seen some people get involved with alternative medicine type business and I would say there can be an element of cult in some of them. People that get involved in them can live and breathe the product and are trained to blank any sort criticism of it. I can believe her behaviour could have changed since getting involved in this. However that doesn't explain her mysterious vanishing.

New article

"The niece of a missing lawyer who vanished suddenly three weeks ago say she was 'very unhappy' in her marriage.

Renata Antczak, 49, had demanded a divorce from her dentist husband and planned to take their youngest daughter to her native Poland against his wishes before she mysteriously disappeared.

Marta Durka said her family was increasingly worried for the welfare of Miss Antczak, who has been married to dentist Majid Mustafa for 23 years."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-wouldn-t-leave-daughters.html#ixzz4hMEpeF7V

The article could well be true , but I couldn't get the feeling out of my head that the niece just wants to get her 'wanner be model' pictures in the paper.

It doesn't matter if a passport or identity card is used. It is not possible to leave the UK by plane, ferry or train without it being logged.

Unless someone leaves surreptitiously, say concealed in a transit van, caravan or similar. Not that there's anything to suggest this is the case.

LE should be able to verify how many calls, etc went back and forth with the people involved in this homeopath business, hopefully see texts or emails too, to get an idea as to her planning to leave. The early birthday party is weird...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back