GUILTY UK - Sadie Hartley, 60, murdered, Helmshore, Lancs, 14 Jan 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=3]Defendants detected through ‘modern police techniques’ and ‘effort, man power and ingenuity'[/h][FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said the defendants were detected through both ‘modern police techniques’ and ‘effort, man power and ingenuity to piece together something as complicated as this’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[h=3]CCTV trained on road[/h][FONT=&quot]The jury is told that two houses in Sunnybank Road in Rossendale - where Sadie lived - had CCTV trained on the road and they captured the cars used in the surveillance on the victim, the flower delivery and the arrival of Sarah Williams on the night of the murder.

[/FONT]

[h=3]'A determined and swiftly executed murder'[/h][FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott told the jury: “If you wanted any better indication of the ruthlessness with which this murder was carried out, you only need to know this; CCTV cameras have clocks integral to them.
“We can time the moment that Sarah Williams arrived on camera 40 yards away from the front door of her victim and her return to the same spot.
“It was 4 minutes and 40 seconds. Allowing for the walking time, knocking on the door, stunning the startled occupant Sadie Hartley with the ‘Zapper’ and then more than 40 knife strokes - you can see this was a no-hesitation, determined and swiftly executed murder.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/sadie-hartley-murder-trial-live-11567704[/FONT]

[h=3]Tools used by police[/h][FONT=&quot]The jury have been told that another key investigation tool used by the police is cell-siting which shows which mobile phone mast a persons mobile phone is connected to and which area they are in.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said it doesn’t give a phones location ‘down to a postage stamp but an indication of the mast the phone is using’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Another electronic tool used is automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) where road cameras capture the passing traffic and store the information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said the tracking device used on Ian Johnston’s car was with Sarah Williams at the end of November according to the data.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/sadie-hartley-murder-trial-live-11567704[/FONT]

Thank you for those updates Tortoise.
The prosecution seem to have a lot of evidence. Unbelievable (to me) she kept a detailed diary, astonishing.
Yet both pleaded not guilty?

Thank you for those updates Tortoise.
The prosecution seem to have a lot of evidence. Unbelievable (to me) she kept a detailed diary, astonishing.
Yet both pleaded not guilty?

Thanks jessie.

They don't stand a chance. This trial is just going through the motions obviously. I wonder if they will take the stand.

Thanks jessie.

They don't stand a chance. This trial is just going through the motions obviously. I wonder if they will take the stand.

Hearing the Defence is going to be interesting.

[h=3]'Tracker placed during Christmas party at Chill Factore'[/h][FONT=&quot]The jury heard how on December 2 last year there was a Christmas party at the Chill Factore in Manchester where Sarah Williams worked and where Ian Johnston skied.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sadie Hartley also attended.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The jury is now being shown a picture of Sadie and Ian Johnston at the party.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ian Johnston had a Subaru car and after the party on December 2 the tracker is attached to it.
Mr McDermott said Sarah Williams placed it on the car sometime during the party.

[/FONT]

[h=3]Diary entry about tracker[/h][FONT=&quot]In Katrina Walsh’s diary that day she said ‘Sarah called in bouncing’ having attached the tracker to the car.

[h=3]Tracker taken off car to charge battery[/h][FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said on December 16 last year Sarah Williams phone is cell-sited in Rossendale.
Between 8.41pm and 8.55pm her Volvo was captured going up and down Sadie Hartley’s road.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said the car there for 14 minutes, parked out of sight and Williams stealthily walked to Sadie’s home to carefully take the tracker off Ian’s Subaru to change the battery.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/sadie-hartley-murder-trial-live-11567704

[/FONT]

[h=3]Tracker located with Williams[/h][FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said the tracker was located at 9.10pm travelling south with Sarah Williams towards Chester.
He told the jury that by 10.10pm she is back home with the tracker and at 10.24pm she put the tracker onto charge.

[/FONT]

[h=3]Tracker 'replaced next night'[/h][FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said the next night Sarah Williams ‘revised the operation’ and replaced the tracker on Mr Johnston’s Subaru.
At 11.35pm Williams car is picked up in Edenfield moving north.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At 11.08pm her mobile phone is picked up near Sunnybank Road.
The tracker around midnight is now in the area of Sunnybank Road.

Thanks so much for the updates Tortoise, have only just had time to catch up today.

I thought the motive was going to be something to do with Sadie's partner, but I had not thought it would be so horrendous. What a total evil pair they are and why they are denying murder is beyond belief. Yet again, a pity we dont have joint enterprise for Walsh to be charged with as no doubt she will end up with the lesser sentence, having not actually wielded the knife.

As to the partner IJ. The Pros are saying he had ended his relationship with Williams.
However, I have read MSM reports which talked about the buy to let property that Williams owned in Leasowe ( on the Wirral ) and all local witnesses said that she had been there frequently in the run up to the murder, doing up the place, and helped by a much older man.
So unless this is yet another man, then it may be possible that IJ was still spending time with Williams and may have been the reason she was encouraged to think they would get back together properly if only Sadie could be removed.

rsbm
I thought the motive was going to be something to do with Sadie's partner, but I had not thought it would be so horrendous. What a total evil pair they are and why they are denying murder is beyond belief. Yet again, a pity we dont have joint enterprise for Walsh to be charged with as no doubt she will end up with the lesser sentence, having not actually wielded the knife. = rsbm

Hi Alyce - They have both been charged with murder I thought. Must look it up, but I thought that charge considers her as guilty of the act?

Accessory to murder hasn't been mentioned has it? I've much to learn re law. :thinking:

Thanks so much for the updates Tortoise, have only just had time to catch up today.

I thought the motive was going to be something to do with Sadie's partner, but I had not thought it would be so horrendous. What a total evil pair they are and why they are denying murder is beyond belief. Yet again, a pity we dont have joint enterprise for Walsh to be charged with as no doubt she will end up with the lesser sentence, having not actually wielded the knife.

As to the partner IJ. The Pros are saying he had ended his relationship with Williams.
However, I have read MSM reports which talked about the buy to let property that Williams owned in Leasowe ( on the Wirral ) and all local witnesses said that she had been there frequently in the run up to the murder, doing up the place, and helped by a much older man.
So unless this is yet another man, then it may be possible that IJ was still spending time with Williams and may have been the reason she was encouraged to think they would get back together properly if only Sadie could be removed.

Hi Alyce,

SW was with another man, much older than herself so I've read.

Few more snippets in this lunchtime write up - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...sadie-hartley-murder-trial-helmshore-11569975

[FONT=&quot]In September 2015, Walsh refers in her diary to thoughts of “a hit” on a motorcycle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The entry read: “Fortunately Sarah’s had an idea that would spare me the anxiety as she things (sic) of just riding on a motorcycle, killing and leaving said floosie and riding off.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I just have to clandestinely train Sarah to ride a bike and store said bike.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She also wrote of using an Isis flag “to mislead the investigation too, I’m much more into that.”[/FONT]

Hi Alyce - They have both been charged with murder I thought. Must look it up, but I thought that charge considers her as guilty of the act?

Accessory to murder hasn't been mentioned has it? I've much to learn re law. :thinking:

Yes you're right, they're both charged with murder.

I've never been able to maintain a diary. Ever since I was a child I would manage about 2 weeks into the new year and then it would tail off. I am amazed at the number of people who do manage it. Just came off a case where the mother found guilty of cruelty to her daughter (Ellie Butler) kept a diary too, detailing abuse from her partner that she went on to deny was true in court. Why do these people keep a written record of things that they would never want to be discovered? Perhaps it's more an unburdening of sorts, but why then not throw it straight away. Very odd indeed.

[h=3]Williams sent text message saying ‘Suddenly it’s time!’[/h][FONT=&quot]The jury heard how the two defendants travelled from Manchester Airport to France for a weeks holiday between December 19 and 26 and were accompanied by Williams’ close friend David Hardwick.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said that once the holiday season and new year had come and gone they ‘started to move towards the end of the mission’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sarah Williams said in one text before the knife was bought ‘Suddenly it’s time!’[/FONT]

[h=3]Williams visited Sadie Hartley’s place of work[/h][FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said Ian Johnson was around ‘so carrying out the murder at Sunnybank Road would have to wait until he was off the scene’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The jury heard how Williams visited Sadie Hartley’s place of work in Knutsford on January 6 this year - evidenced by phone cell siting.
Mr McDermott said she knew Ian Johnston was going to travel abroad on a skiing trip in early January and Sadie was going to join him on January 16.
He said: “It’s no coincidence that the day before the flower delivery - January 6 - was the day he departed.
“They would never have dared approach the house whilst he was there.
“But once she was alone in her home, they had to act before Sadie Hartley too departed these shores. And so they did.”

[/FONT]

[h=3]Knife bought on January 5[/h][FONT=&quot]Mr McDermott said the knife was bought on January 5 and that same night Williams travelled to Sunnybank Road and retrieved the tracker from Ian Johnston’s car.

[/FONT]

Walsh was not present at time of murder but helped with the clean up and took police to place where evidence was stashed.

Jury shown cctv of Walsh buying the knife.

Jury being shown CCTV footage of what prosecution say is Williams driving her car along Sadie's road that night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner