Underground Network THEORY ONLY ??

A question for all of you.

Someone that you are close to comes to you and convinces you that their step child is being abused by the parent. (Irrelevant whether it's actually happening or not, only important that YOU are convinced that it is.) The step parent explains that the other bio parent has a medical condition which might worsen - in other words, a change of custody isn't a long term solution, as the abusive parent might end up getting the child back.

Step parent asks you to take the child and hide or flee until she can join you. You are in a position (economic, no dependents of your own) where you CAN do it.

From what you are told, there's no other way of getting the child away from their abuser.

What do you do?

Call LE and DSS.

Someone that you are close to comes to you and convinces you that their step child is being abused by the parent. (Irrelevant whether it's actually happening or not, only important that YOU are convinced that it is.) The step parent explains that the other bio parent has a medical condition which might worsen - in other words, a change of custody isn't a long term solution, as the abusive parent might end up getting the child back.

Step parent asks you to take the child and hide or flee until she can join you. You are in a position (economic, no dependents of your own) where you CAN do it.

From what you are told, there's no other way of getting the child away from their abuser.

What do you do?

By now after all the media attention, I would have contacted LE.

Well, it would explain TH's weirdly passive stance in this whole situation. She didn't seem particularly devasted at the beginning, but instead strangely calm. She never spoke up to defend herself, and now she's losing her house and kid with nary a peep. You could interpret her behavior in lots of ways (guilt/innocence/lawyerly advice), of course, but *feeling totally assured because she believes she's doing the right thing* is one of them.

Personally, I think it's a pretty unlikely scenario. However, pretty much everything I can think of is unlikely. So.... :waitasec:

What do you do?

I have a question, too. If she were so convinced that her step son was being abused by his father that she would put him in an underground network to hide him, why would she not fight for her biological child and instead concede to allow that abusive father to have full custody without even supervised visitation?

I don't think it is all plausible in this case, personally. I keep coming back to what is the simplest answer and the sad fact that when a child is gone just like "that", they are probably dead and probably at the hands of the last-known caretaker/adult. I think that LE believes Terri killed Kyron and hope to prove it, and if they get any more credible tips, we will probably be seeing more dives, searches, etc.

The parents have to believe Kyron is alive. It is all they have, even if they have to try to concoct scenarios where it might be possible.

I agree with you too Cluciano, unfortunately. I also think he will be found in that Skyline or SI area.

I also believe that Kyron's parents and Tony almost have to give out strong hope he is still alive so public interest doesn't wane.

There are many reasons I feel that way, #1 because LE has given no concern for a stranger or SO out there even though they are looking at everything. It seems to be an intro-familial investigation. That alone IMO lowers the odds of him being alive at this point. With all we know in this case what are the odds Terri would sell Kyron. I just don't see it. No, I think she would have him murdered before she's sell him based on her info and track record. xox MOO

Well, it would explain TH's weirdly passive stance in this whole situation. She didn't seem particularly devasted at the beginning, but instead strangely calm. She never spoke up to defend herself, and now she's losing her house and kid with nary a peep. You could interpret her behavior in lots of ways (guilt/innocence/lawyerly advice), of course, but *feeling totally assured because she believes she's doing the right thing* is one of them.

Personally, I think it's a pretty unlikely scenario. However, pretty much everything I can think of is unlikely. So.... :waitasec:

I agree Maggieo. It is like what happened to Kyron is a done deal and no going back. She might have been a good step-mom to him in feeding and clothing him. But I have seen no love for him expressed at all. And she wanted his father, her husband killed so there is no love lost there either.

Just a poker face and zipped lips { and a cell phone w/ camera} is all she needs now, IMO. She'll let her attny try to get her off as light as he can. Hey, she isn't even fighting to get her daughter back.

xox PS: As much as I feel simply awful about Kyron' going missing I am equally thankful this little baby girl is safe now.

Again, let's go back to day 1 though, when for all intents and purposes we had a lost child, right? Because there was no crime scene, no getaway car, no weird men lurking, janitor quitting his job or temp hire gone missing - just this sweet boy disappearing at right the same time as TH. Hmmnnn.

Now - I really want any of you to think if your child was lost what you would do (or have done). My daughter went missing for about 5 minutes at an amusement park and I grabbed everyone and anyone begging them to help. That's what loving parents do when a child is lost. If there was a news crew, I'm very shy and reserved but you better believe I would be on the news saying 'please help find my little girl, she's wearing a pink shirt, blah blah blah.' Right? Any of us.

Who among us would not, after having say Mark Klaas ,LE and John Walsh even, explain to us the value of the media - who among us would not then come forward in that first week for our 'lost' child to beg for help? Asking people to search down roads and backyards and everywhere - being out there ourselves door to door with family and friends. Who among us would not do that? Seriously? Again, we've still got a 'lost child.' Not a kidnapped child, a lost one. So what parents/guardians wouldn't come forward right away?

Ones who know where he is, how he got there, and don't want to be put on national TV because they can't look like anything but a liar, and they hope they can somehow fade into the background of the investigation. Period. Add to that FB posts, gym runs, 'poking' people on FB, even going on FB in the first place which is weird, posting on news blogs, blinky-blinky eyes in front of the cameras and wiping away non-existant tears - I'm sorry folks, sometimes the obvious is just that - the obvious truth.

With that said, she is so crazy I could see her finding a pedophile and selling him. Like on Craig's list, or at a flea market, or even looking up SO's in our area (we have them online) contacting them and saying hey this is what I'm doing, you want a boy toy? Sick? Absolutely. Within her twisted mind to do? You bet. And there's no way the Pedo would come forward and probably is half way to Maine.

For me that's a real possibility, but it could be I just don't want to believe he's gone.

I also think there will be more complete blindsiding news in the next weeks - affairs, hitman schemes, money troubles, gambling debts, drugs - something to account for the odd behavior of this group that would make none of them want to come forward immediately when their boy was 'lost.' JMHO the only ones that really come across as entirely truthful are DY and TY and KH I think is only acting a bit off because he's in shocked horror.

If he were with an underground network, with all the publicity, I would be very surprised if they didn't arrange with LE for a turnover by now.

Maybe they are in negotiations......

Can you tell I am praying for a miracle for this little guy? Kyron's story has story has just grabbed my heart :(

Cash;

I am still not certain TH did this, but your theory is as good as any. I do feel DY still fears KH, so maybe TH does now too. JMO, from empirical knowledge as the rest of us I suppose.

Underground may not have been TH's idea, maybe someone else's.

And, YES, there has been a HUGE lack of urgency about Kyron. It is sad, 4 parents and he is still an afterthought, as I see it, comparing to other parents in the same situation. You called that right.

JMO, MOOOoooooooooo

You nailed it,IMO. The seeming lack of urgency is what baffles me more than anything else. All JMO

You nailed it,IMO. The seeming lack of urgency is what baffles me more than anything else. All JMO

Yes, It brings to mind the parents of Elizabeth Smart, Brooke Wilberger, Samantha Runion, Jessica Lundsford, Laci Peterson, etc and so, so many others who begged on TV for the perp to return their children to them. The true agony we all felt from them. The lack of urgency is an interesting observation liz as I don't really feel it with any of these parents. It is like they almost expect the case to go on, no pressers next week, etc.

I have a question, too. If she were so convinced that her step son was being abused by his father that she would put him in an underground network to hide him, why would she not fight for her biological child and instead concede to allow that abusive father to have full custody without even supervised visitation?

And, why not hide her daughter as well with Kyron?

My thinking was that she doesn't actually believe Kyron is threatened by KH, but that she concocted that story to get rid of him. This way she hands him off, he's gone without having to pay anyone, and she can bring him back if need be.

Again..just a theory. I fear the truth when it is revealed will be so far beyond our wildest imagination that it will truly shock us all.

I realize that my comment may be construed as ''way out in left field'' but I am aware that folks with ''debts to less than savory folks'' (loan sharks, drug dealers etc) have kids snatched til debt is paid. I know I know nothing other than what we have all read but could this be part of this disappearing act ???

I agree with you and Diarygirl. Exactly you don't favor one child over another this doesn't make sense, especially since the FBI is involved & national attention...IMO.

I realize that my comment may be construed as ''way out in left field'' but I am aware that folks with ''debts to less than savory folks'' (loan sharks, drug dealers etc) have kids snatched til debt is paid. I know I know nothing other than what we have all read but could this be part of this disappearing act ???

I would think anything is still possible but being that it has gone on soo long it not looking good. Im not sure all the media attention would be what those thugs would want.
I wish this would just play out faster. I go from thinking he is likely dead to being hopeful all in the span of a few hours.

I would think anything is still possible but being that it has gone on soo long it not looking good. Im not sure all the media attention would be what those thugs would want.
I wish this would just play out faster. I go from thinking he is likely dead to being hopeful all in the span of a few hours.

I agree. The only child I ever recall being taken for some kind of drug debt (Cole Puffinburger) was release almost immediately once the media got to it.

I agree. The only child I ever recall being taken for some kind of drug debt (Cole Puffinburger) was release almost immediately once the media got to it.

Yep, even Ron Cummings says to the effect "Dope boys don't come & get your kid like that."

There hasn't been a wisp of illegal drugs mentioned TMK...although steroids have been wondered about. :angel:

My thinking was that she doesn't actually believe Kyron is threatened by KH, but that she concocted that story to get rid of him. This way she hands him off, he's gone without having to pay anyone, and she can bring him back if need be.

Again..just a theory. I fear the truth when it is revealed will be so far beyond our wildest imagination that it will truly shock us all.

Couldn't agree with you more...

I have been wondering the exact same thing for a few weeks now. At least w/ this theory, Kyron would be alive and safe.

ETA: As someone mentioned above ... Terri could have very well handed Kyron off to a pedophile. I really hope not. What a thing to do to an innocent child.

above bbm. this is in response to the possibility bolded above...

this may sound rather harsh or horrendous to some (and if it is inappropriate i have no prob deleting)...
I know for a fact that if this were my 7 yr old son (and i have thought long and hard about IF it was my son) and the possibility that he was turned over to(given to)a pedophile I would 100% certainly be praying that my child had gone on from this evil world(as in I would wish death over the fact of my son being eternally tortured by a sick pedophile).. And if this is the case with Kyron then I too pray the same...

What do you do?

RUN LIKE HELL AND CALL 911. Then call my lawyer.

I would assume I was being set up for a sting.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back