Unexcused Juror List ***LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION PLEASE***

Juror #1055, female, nursing student, 32 years of age, single, no kids. Wants to be on jury. Can follow rules:

Would you like to be on this jury? Yes, because it is interesting - it is a big case - I'm curious - I can follow instructions, I am a fair person - you need to be discreet - I can do that. Have you ever cared for a baby for an extended period of time. No. In any of your classes have you taken any law. No.

I am a student daughter, responsible and compassion person, intelligent and rational, Do you consider yourself to be an analytical or emotional person - how do you make decisions. Emotional intelligent is pretty high but I don't rely on that. I like to know all I can before I make a decision.

ETA: Oops! I see Kaylynn's on here. Her recaps are better so I will withhold and hoepfully she will post on this juror as well.

JUROR RECAP #1055: Female. 32 years old.

Pretrial Publicity: *Has Facebook, no other social media accounts. *Doesn't really like to read the news/watch the news. *Watches Dr. G Medical Examiner but has seen it "less than 12 times". *Hasn't watched any shows about this case. *Has heard nothing about this case. *Watches Investigation Discovery Channel and 48 Hours on a regular basis. *Admits she posted on FB that she had jury duty but nothing specific..received some messages from friends inquiring if she had jury duty for this case, she refused to comment. *Says she wants to be on the jury because "everyone is talking about it so much, so I'm kind of curious as to what's happened."

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Has to be under the right circumstances. *Believes she can set aside her own views of the DP to give Casey a fair verdict. *No hesitations about the DP process. *Not a member of any political or religious group. *Considers age, lack of maturity, lack of impulse control (with documentation..), history of abuse, family background, employment (if it's relevant) and school records as mitigating circumstances.

Misc.: *First time being called for jury duty. *Born and raised in Florida. *Doesn't have any family or friends in law enforcement. *Has no exposure to search and rescue dogs. *Prior to going to nursing school she worked in the insurance field for 10 years.

Family: *Single. *No children. *Has 1 dog (rat terrier). *Youngest of 5 siblings (range in age from 32 to 45). *Mom lives in the area (30 min away). Doesn't know anything about her father. *Moved out at 19. *Currently lives with a roommate.

Education: *Nursing student at St. Petersburg College. *Has been a student since August 2010. *Expects to graduate in May 2012.

State: No challenges/objections. Defense: No challenges/objections.

Called back for next round.

(Sorry these notes are so short..they didn't question her very in depth at ALL).

JUROR RECAP #1319
- African American female.

Pretrial Publicity: *Hasn't heard anything about the case from her family, friends, etc. *All she knows is "a baby got killed". *Says she doesn't pay much attention to the news. *Didn't hear anything regarding who could be responsible for Caylee's death. *Says she is 100% certain she can be unbiased. *Doesn't have a newspaper subscription, watch, or read the news. *Has a Facebook account but only uses it for games (Farmville). No other social networking accounts. *Only watches cowboy/western stuff on TV. *Wants to be a juror because she believes it's her civic duty.

Death Penalty Stance: Indifferent. *Says she has never really thought about it, has no opinions on it. *Says "I think I could" vote for the death penalty under the right circumstances. *Would base her decision on the facts..can't decide in general if she's for/against it.

State: Challenge based upon her stating she "does not like judging other people" and she indicated "I just don't know" in regards to the death penalty. Defense: No objections/challenges.

Judge: States challenge overruled.

Juror Recap #1251: Female

Pretrial Publicity: *Remembers hearing about the case back in 2008 from newspapers and events on TV. *Doesn't have cable, so doesn't have access to Nancy Grace, Geraldo, etc. *Didn't make it an active part of her life to follow the coverage of this case. *Heard that there was a missing child on the news (back in 2008) and remembers seeing "images and pictures of specific faces". *Remembers hearing the missing child had been found and "there were questions concerning who, what, where, when and why". *Heard this past week on ABC (local) that it was a high profile case and the jury was being seated outside Orlando. *Doesn't remember hearing anything about the case on the radio or in magazines. *Hasn't done any internet searches on this case. *Had 1 conversation about the case with her daughter but didn't talk about the details of the case..just that she had jury duty, daughter asked if it was on this case and she said she wasn't sure, hadn't been sworn in onto any jury yet. *Hasn't formed any opinions on Casey's guilt or innocence so far because she doesn't have enough to go on. *No hesitation that she can remain fair/unbiased. *Doesn't recognize any of the state or defense attorneys. *Doesn't read blogs. *Doesn't have a blog, Twitter or Facebook account. *Knows that George and Cindy Anthony are Casey's parents (heard it on the news). Remembers visuals of them. *Remembers seeing "sweet pictures" of Caylee and pictures/faces of the defendant in a courtroom setting. *Daughter told her "Mom that's going to change your life" in regards to potentially being a juror on this case. *Gets on the computer "quite a bit" for emails and sometimes reads the AOL news.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Says she is not "deeply religiously opposed to it." *Says she has no problem weighing all the facts of the case before making a decision. *Would not consider age and maturity as mitigating circumstances.

Misc.: *Has been to Orlando in the last 3 years (to go to Disney). *Teaches gifted students-planning to retire this year. *Has served on a jury before.

Family: *1 daughter (29 years old)-lives in New Hampshire. *1 grandchild (2 years old). *Sees her grandchild 2-3 times a year.

State: No objections. Defense: No objections.

Juror Recap #1429: Female- retired.

Pretrial Publicityy: *Remembers hearing when Casey got arrested, that a child was missing, and when they found her body. *Source of that information was newspaper and television. *Doesn't like and doesn't watch Nancy Grace or Geraldo Rivera. *Has never watched 48 Hours. *Hasn't talked to anyone about the case. *Believes she can be unbiased about the case and wait until she has all the facts. *Says "I don't judge people." *Has a subscription to St. Petersburg Times (reads it every day) and watches local news 9. *Doesn't have a computer.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Says "I guess I believe in the death penalty." *Hasn't really thought about circumstances the DP should apply to and shouldn't apply to. *No preconceived ideas regarding when to use DP. *No religious/personal beliefs. *Says "I'm not all that religious". *Would not try to sway another juror if their opinion was different.

Misc.: *Retired. *Has worked for a catering company, filled vending machines, worked as a supply clerk in the hospital and an environmental service person at hospital. *Likes to garden, read, walk her dog, etc. *Describes herself as a homebody. Not a social butterfly. *Originally from PA. *Completed 11 grades of school. *Arrested for DUI in 1998 but not charged. *Served on a jury in a criminal case 2.5 years ago.

Family: *Divorced (14 years). *Lives with her boyfriend of 12 years. *Boyfriend is retired also (used to own a plumbing business). *Has 3 children (ages 52, 49 and 48). *Son has been on probation for cashing a bad check. *Grandson has been arrested for selling drugs (received jail time).

State: No challenges/objections.
Defense: No challenges/objections

Asked to return for next round.

Juror Recap #1407: Male

Pretrial Publicity: *No opinion on guilt. *Doesn't watch the news, it's all awful. *He gets his news from the Daily Show.

Death Penalty Stance: he could vote for the DP. *on a 1 to 10 DP scale he gives himself a 9 or 10. *If you deserve it, you deserve it. No two ways about it! *whether you're 18 or 67 you know whats right or wrong.

Misc.: *He is an Atheist. 22 and single. *studying to be a mechanic. * lives at home with mom. *Doesn't pay rent or car payment or anything. *wake up at 6:30, go to school; come home, help my friend and ride my bike. *He has had legal problems (pot) in Tenessee. *Feels it's his civic duty to serve on jury.

Family: *raised mostly by Mom; no siblings; no Girlfriend or children. *Mom is married to someone in jail (stole a car or raped someone????? I don’t know.) and uncle was in jail 12-13 yrs ago for writing a bad check

State: No objections. Defense: moves to exclude on inability to see age as mitigating. also objects saying he lied about the pot.

CJBP denies motion to excuse, DT does not use peremptory challenge on him!

Juror Recap #1119: Male- 43 year old.

Pretrial Publicity
: *Remembers hearing about the case when it first hit the news. *Not much of an in-depth follower but has read the headlines of the paper. *Doesn't know much more than "the basics" of the case. *Doesn't know any names of anyone other than Casey's. *Knows there was a vehicle involved and that the body was stored in the vehicle. *Doesn't watch Nancy Grace, Geraldo Rivera, 48 Hours, etc. *Hasn't heard much about the case since 2008. *Most of the opinions he's heard from people on the case has been "opinions of guilt". *Has formed his own opinions about this case- he believes she is guilty but believes everyone is innocent until proven guilty. *Doesn't watch a whole lot of TV- when he does he likes Discovery Channel and National Geographic.

Death Penalty Stance: Indifferent. *Says "I can't say I'm against it, I can't say I'm for it." *Believes he could vote for either the DP or life w/o parole but it depends on circumstances. *Would not consider age as a mitigating circumstance. *Would consider family background/history, history of abuse, etc. as a mitigating circumstance because he believes "our past makes us who we are."

Misc.: *Truck driver for a boat/trailer manufacturer. *Drives anywhere in the state of Florida (for work). *Been called for jury duty before but never served. *Been to Orlando "quite a few times" since 2008- was just in Orlando 2 weeks ago for work. *Originally from Cleveland, Ohio. Moved to Florida at age 5. *No background in computer work and no experience/background with police dogs. *Never been involved in any litigations. *Does NOT want to be on the jury because of isolation, time away from his family, and the tremendous amount of responsibility but is willing to accept it if chosen.

Family: *Married for 21 years. *2 daughters (ages 16 and 7). *Has a sibling who was robbed at gunpoint several years ago. *Lived with both of his parents growing up- both of his parents have since deceased.

State: No challenges.
Defense: No challenges.

Please post strikes in this thread also, so we can keep an accurate count.

Example:

State strikes juror #0000

Defense strikes juror #9999

When the jurors are sworn we will move the profiles of the seated jurors to a fresh thread that we can use for reference throughout the duration of the trial.

TIA!

Juror Recap #1025: White male. 33 years old.

Pretrial Publicity: *Remembers "a girl had gone missing, she turned up dead, and the mother was being accused". *Doesn't remember reading any newspaper accounts. *Doesn't watch Nancy Grace, 48 Hours, The Early Show, Today Show or Geraldo Rivera. *Has not heard others talk about the case/hasn't discussed the case with anyone. *Has not formed any opinions about Casey. *Has not seen any defense or prosecution attorneys before. *Has not read any blogs/contributed to any blogs regarding this case. *Never heard of George and Cindy Anthony. *Pays more attention to world news rather than local or national. *Gets most of his news from his cell phone. *Primarily watches CNN, but doesn't typically watch a lot of news. *Doesn't get the newspaper, doesn't read the newspaper. *Has a Facebook account but hasn't used it in awhile (months). Has a LinkedIn account, but barely uses it. No Twitter. *Says his wife has followed the case on the news. *Primarily watches sports and sitcoms on TV.

Death Penalty Stance: Indifferent. *No religious or political views on DP. *Says he believes he could vote for the DP or life in prison without parole depending on the circumstances and facts.

Misc.: *Moved to Florida from California in 2008. *Goes to Orlando once a week for business (day trips). *Has been on jury duty before (10 years ago)- wasn't selected to hear the case. *Never been a victim of a crime, never been accused of a crime, doesn't know any victims, etc. *Works as a manufacturers representative for restaurants, hotels, etc. to develop their equipment. *Has been in the cooking industry for 15 years- has also been a chef. *Never been involved in any litigation. *Has seen some police dog training (they did a demonstration at his sons cub scout meeting). *Does not want to be on the jury (no reasons given).

Family: *Married. *Has 1 younger sister. *Has 2 children (6 year old son, 1 year old daughter). *Wife is a stay at home mom. *Parents live in Florida- see his children about once a month. *Has 1 cat..never had a dog.

Education: *Studied at University of Florida and University of Florida-Gainesville.

State: No objections/challenges. Defense: No objections/challenges.

Juror Recap #1007: 41 year old white female.

Pretrial Publicity: *Has heard through CNN "something about Universal, and something about a babysitter"..that's all she remembers hearing. *Doesn't recall anything in the newspaper (only reads the Clearwater section of the paper). *Doesn't remember any discussions about the case. *Believes she can remain unbiased because of how she was raised. *Knows the defendant took the police to Universal Studios "because of a job" and she thinks she remembers hearing "that she didn't work there". *Doesn't have any details on the babysitter, doesn't remember her name. *Watches CNN morning news. *Hasn't seen any defense or prosecution attorneys on TV but has seen attorneys opinions of the defense team on TV. *Has seen Nancy Grace before (but not regularly). Never watched Geraldo Rivera. *Says she is a "CNN junkie". *Doesn't write on any blogs/read blogs. *Knows George and Cindy Anthony as Casey's parents..would recognize their photos. *Heard a news report about jury selection being moved out of Orlando. *Doesn't have a Facebook, Myspace, etc. but has a LinkedIn account (rarely uses it).

Death Penalty Stance: Indifferent. *Has had concerns in the past about the death penalty being "racially skewed". *Believes she could vote for life w/o parole or the death penalty depending upon the circumstances.

Misc.: *Has been to Orlando (Disney World) once in the past 3 years. *Got called for jury duty 20 years ago and 5 years ago (but didn't get chosen for the jury in either case). *Worked as a secretary for an organization in Tallahassee. Has also been an office manager for non-profit organization and the accounting dept. of a nursing home in Atlanta and the fundraising department of a childrens hospital in Atlanta. *Currently works for juvenile justice and child welfare division in the corporate offices (has no contact with juveniles, etc). *Was a victim of a crime (20 years ago)- somebody with a knife broke into her home. Was able to get out of the house..he caught and plead guilty (she stayed out of all court proceedings). *Never been involved in any other litigation aside from her divorce. *Has dated a state attorney in Florida before (briefly).

Family: *Mother is a lawyer (practices estate law in Florida..getting ready to retire). *Divorced. *1 younger sister. *No children. *Has an uncle (not very close to) who is a deputy sheriff.

Education: *Has 3 years of college (did not finish) pursuing sociology.

State: No challenges/objections. Defense: Challenges for cause based upon the statements she made on the coverage she observed on the case.

Judge: Challenge denied. Defense: Not using strike at this time.

Juror Recap #1426: 22 year old male.

Pretrial Publicity: *Works a lot, doesn't really watch the news. *Didn't read anything in the newspaper about the case. *Never discussed the case. *Not an avid watcher of the news. *Hasn't formed an opinion on the case. *Says the only thing he remembers about the case is Caseys name. *Never heard of George and Cindy Anthony. *Hasn't heard of or seen any of the attorneys in this case. *Watches the news "maybe once a week". *Says his friends have asked him about if he's on jury duty for this case and he said "no, I just got called for jury duty". *Primarily watches ESPN and The History Channel. Or stuff about video games. *Never seen 48 Hours (doesn't know what it is), heard of Nancy Grace but doesn't watch, doesn't watch morning news programs. *Doesn't have a Facebook account.

Death Penalty Stance: Indifferent. *Could vote for either life w/o parole or death penalty depending on circumstances. *Says he "doesn't have an opinion" about the DP. *Says he's a 5 on a 1-10 scale regarding the DP. *Says this is the first time he's ever thought about the issue. *No religious or personal beliefs about DP.

Misc.: *Has been to Orlando a few times since 2008 for Halloween Horror Night and to Disney. *Never served on jury before. *Has no family/friends in law enforcement. *Has never been a witness or a victim of a crime. *Works as a patient care tech (certified nurse assistant). *Wants to be an RN in the future (2 years). *Never been involved in any litigation. *Lived in Florida his whole life. *Has never been around or taken care of a young child. *Says he's "fairly good" with computers. *Has a cruise coming up in early July..says his father is upset about him possibly missing it. *Works 36 hours per week. *Likes to "shoot guns and work on his car".

Family: *Single. *No children. *Has 1 older half-brother and 1 younger sister. *Parents still live in Florida. *Was raised by both parents. *Grandparents live in Florida as well. *Lives at home. *No pets but used to own dogs.

State: No challenges/objections. Defense: No challenges/objections.

Juror Recap #1159: White male in his 30's.

Pretrial Publicity: *Doesn't really watch much news. *Doesn't watch much TV news, occasionally reads St. Petersburg Times. *Doesn't watch 48 Hours, Nancy Grace, etc. *People at work have asked if he's on this trial, he said he couldn't discuss it. *Believes he could remain unbiased on the case. *Doesn't read blogs. *Hasn't heard of George and Cindy Anthony.

Death Penalty Stance: Indifferent. *Says he is not a strong advocate for or against it. No real opinions on it either way. *Believes he could vote for the DP or life in prison w/o parole. *Says on a scale he'd fall "a little more on the side for the death penalty".

Misc.: *Works as a "Government worker manager" (works with disabled veterans and manages a team of 16 people). *Has worked for the Veterans Administration (VA) since 2001. Been a manager since 2007. *No experience with service/law enforcement dogs or computers. *Originally from Virginia. *Arrested in 1997 for a DUI- was not convicted. *Enjoys running.

Family: *Married (since 2003). *Wife is a pharmacy consultant/contract analyst for a drug distribution company. *Has 13 month old son.

Education: *Graduated high school in 2002. *Was in the army for 5 years. *Received a bachelors degree from Roanoke College in Roanoke, VA.

State: No challenges. Defense: No challenges.

Juror recap #1159 White male 36 years old

Pretrial Publicity: doesn't recall anything - first heard about case in 2008 - just heard murder trial; doesn't watch the TV news; reads St. Petersburg Times newspaper; doesn't read any news on the internet; doesn't watch NG or Geraldo or 48 hours; has had no discussions w/ relatives; people at work asked about this trial when they kenw of his jury duty; no one has offered opinion on case; has no problem setting aside his opinion; does not watch morning news; only listens to sports talk radio; does not watch CNN HLN; has not seen or heard any of the attorneys in this case; does not blog or read blogs; doesn't know CA or GA; has not research case on internet nor watched any hearings. No questions from DT

Death Penalty Stance: no real opinion on DP; would be able to weigh the mitagating and aggravting circumstances; no problem following instructions from Judge; could vote for DP. SA no questions. AF - 1-10 scale - he would be towards the side of the DP. has no personal, religious beliefs for DP opinion; does not belong to any socail, political or religious groups; believes media should have no influence; mercy - didn't quite understand but then said it would be on a case by case and depend on the circumstances - it could be appropriate; does not beleive in an eye for an eye.

Misc.: Education - has a BA in political science from Roanoak College, graduated in 2001; has no experience or knwoledge of HRD dogs or their training; very little expertise in computers, no hacking (or unlcoking) knowledge; has not been a victim or a witness of any crime. Was arrested in 1997 DUI but was not convicted; Who are you question: I'm in my 30's I have a young son 13 months old; like the beach, college sports and likes to run

Family: Married in 2003. Wife is a pharmacy consultant - not a pharmacist - works as a contract analyst (pricing) ; He works for the VA in the regional office; is a manager; has a team of 16 people and are disability raters; wokrs at Bay Pines; been with the VA since 2001 - becamse a manager in 2007

State - no objections or challenges Defense - no objections or challenges

Called back for next round

Juror Recap #3397- Male -40's.

Pretrial Publicity: *Remembers hearing that the child was left at the babysitters house. Doesn't remember much other than that. *Recognizes Casey Anthonys name. *Says "I didn't think there was any doubt she was involved" but he thinks he can remain unbiased. *Has watched Nancy Grace one time, and that was enough for him. *Has a Facebook and Twitter but "doesn't tweet just follows". *Primarily watches financial news. *Doesn't blog.

Death Penalty Stance
: For it. *Says he's a 10 on a 1-10 scale of being for or against the DP. *Says "it makes his job easier, since it's rule based".

Misc.: *Lived in Florida (all over the state) his whole life. *Works at Raymond James (has been there 10 years). *No experience with police dogs. *Has back problems- had surgery (in 2010), still recovering from it.

Family: *Married. *Wife is a teacher. Reading specialist. *Has 2 children (6 and 7 year old boys).

Education: *Has a bachelor degree in finance from University of South Florida.

State: No challenges/objections.
Defense: Challenges for cause based upon his hardship with his back.

Judge: Challenge denied. Defense does not want to use challenge at this time.

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1232: newspaper guy
1129: single guy two objections were denied
1398: crisis counselor
1312: anesthesia nurse
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1251: retired teacher that sounds like edie falco
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1407: 22 y/o mechanic, aethiest guy defense objection denied
1119: truck driver with 2 teen girls
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
1426: young single hispanic PCT who has a July cruise
1159: VA guy with 5 years in the army has young son
3397: stock broker with bad back defense objection for cause denied

I have some more of these to put together, but here are the ones I've finished so far. They're all the tweets from the reporters in the courtroom for each retained juror. I've got all of Friday and all but one from Saturday done so far. I'll try to do some more tomorrow.

1019: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1019-pdf.pdf

1055: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1055-pdf.pdf

1129: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1129-pdf.pdf

1232: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1232-pdf.pdf

1251: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1251-pdf.pdf

1312: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1312-pdf.pdf

1319: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1319-pdf.pdf

1340: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1340-pdf.pdf

1398: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1398-pdf.pdf

1407: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1407-pdf.pdf

1429: http://casesignal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/juror-1429-pdf.pdf

– Files are in PDF format.

– After you open the file, you can use the button in the lower right hand corner to enlarge or shrink the text size for easier reading.

– You can search these files using your browser’s Find function (usually Ctrl F).

1251: retired teacher that sounds like edie falco
1159: VA guy with 5 years in the army has young son
3397: stocktrader with bad back

3308: ret. coast guard guy was going to take gma to the bball game
3015: kidney transplant lady who works for verizon
3185: "favorite uncle" semi retired guy never married no kids

these were struck this morning:
1232 newspaper guy
1129 young single guy
1312 anesthesia nurse
1407 young mechanic guy
1119 truck driver
1426 young nurse assistant guy
struck at 1500 5/17 3397 stock trader with bad back
1159 VA guy struck by defense at 1700 2 strikes remaining state has 5

this is not to confuse with those retained and those struck from that list.. this is a record of who was questioned today and either let go for cause or struck on impact
3069: woman had a hardship
3052: male radio shack employee let go for pre trial publicity/cause
3038: hardship.. but got in trouble.. went to work instead of reporting in
3158: male baseball umpire thinks she is guilty
3042: AA woman nervous and crying on the stand=prays for mercy for CASEY
3238: state struck.. she was married three times and all husbands died.. one she had to take off life support.. she is now engaged again
3190: defense strikes.. she is a small business owner in her 60s with two daughters in their approximate 30s

JURY TO BE SWORN AT 3PM FRIDAY 20 MAY
3308: ret. coast guard guy was going to take gma to the bball game
3015: kidney transplant lady who works for verizon
3185: "favorite uncle" semi retired guy never married no kids
3310: older single verizon guy
3016: PE teacher with 2 labs