Unraveled: new LISK podcast with Chris Loeb interviews

Well said! and thank you so much for
The fast response. It’s been on my mind
And I was hoping ( foolishly) that maybe I’d missed something and that they had in fact already followed this lead.
So yes, it must be assumed that much if not all of what you mentioned of was done. According to the most recent episode of Unraveled LISK—I think it was one of the clips w. former DEA/FBI detective Trotta—there was an idea to subpoena an entire cell tower in LI in order to obtain some of the related cell phone calls/records, but that then SCPD Chief Burke denied the request...
Now why would the Chief of Police—who is in charge of overseeing the investigation—do that? Why would he NOT want to obtain those records? And who does HE report to? Well, he reports to the district attorney...who was at the time, none other than Tom Spota...Yes, that Tom Spota! The same Tom Spota that according to current SCPD Commissioner Geraldine Hart, was the individual who removed the FBI from the LISK investigation...
I know, mind-blowing isn’t it?

What came up when they checked the recent phone numbers and email addresses of each girl before they were murdered? The killer’s phone number and/or email address is obviously within the girls’ phone records and/or computers.
So a search of the originator of a recent phone number and recent email would reveal the murderer. These women obviously had to be in contact with the killer(s) someway..the weren’t communicating telepathically. There are recorded of all modes of contact.. so?

Yes, is right! The detectives that worked the case before Burke was appointed Chief had to have done all of that very basic, fundamental cross referencing of phone records, made copies of any cell phone contacts, computer hard drives, along w. conducting interview of friends, family, and acquaintances of the victims that were able to be identified...So what did they find? And the FBI must also have all, or most of that info as well, since they were working w. SCPD up until Burke was appointed Chief and Spota ‘removed’ FBI from the investigation.
By the way, those detectives that worked the case early on were removed by Burke (either forced to retire by threat of demotion, or they were demoted), and replaced w. detectives that he brought in from the district attorney’s office, guys that he worked with there...
Even more mind-blowing, isn’t it?

A few thoughts on Unraveled:

> I think I’m one episode behind, but so far I haven’t heard a single piece of new information. Rather, aside from the “new” Loeb allegations, it seems to closely follow the 2016 Vice article expose on James Burke.

> Alexis has made a number of mistakes in her accounting of the case and doesn’t seem to know it as well as she claims. Billy seems to be acting more than investigating

> As others have said, the “new” Loeb allegations weren’t actually new, and he describes what could easily be amateur or professionally-produced BDSM *advertiser censored*. He makes no direct mention of a murder in the video, and no reason given to support his claim that the woman is a prostitute. Maybe it was a snuff film, but based solely on his description, it wasn’t.

I believe Mr. Loeb’s rights were violated and I’m glad Burke was held accountable for that. However, he frequently claims that he was sent by god to bring down James Burke, and also seems to be feeding off the attention he is receiving from the podcast. Long term heroin use literally alters the neurochemical circuitry of the brain, which alters cognitive function.

Addiction is a horrible affliction and I wish Mr. Loeb peace, success, and a full recovery, but I wouldn’t consider him a reliable source.

> Final thought: Unraveled is merely a marketing tool to drive subscriptions of the new discovery+ streaming service, on which there will be an exclusive 2-hour follow up special to the podcast. (I hope I’m proven wrong!)

A few thoughts on Unraveled:

> I think I’m one episode behind, but so far I haven’t heard a single piece of new information. Rather, aside from the “new” Loeb allegations, it seems to closely follow the 2016 Vice article expose on James Burke.

> Alexis has made a number of mistakes in her accounting of the case and doesn’t seem to know it as well as she claims. Billy seems to be acting more than investigating

> As others have said, the “new” Loeb allegations weren’t actually new, and he describes what could easily be amateur or professionally-produced BDSM *advertiser censored*. He makes no direct mention of a murder in the video, and no reason given to support his claim that the woman is a prostitute. Maybe it was a snuff film, but based solely on his description, it wasn’t.

I believe Mr. Loeb’s rights were violated and I’m glad Burke was held accountable for that. However, he frequently claims that he was sent by god to bring down James Burke, and also seems to be feeding off the attention he is receiving from the podcast. Long term heroin use literally alters the neurochemical circuitry of the brain, which alters cognitive function.

Addiction is a horrible affliction and I wish Mr. Loeb peace, success, and a full recovery, but I wouldn’t consider him a reliable source.

> Final thought: Unraveled is merely a marketing tool to drive subscriptions of the new discovery+ streaming service, on which there will be an exclusive 2-hour follow up special to the podcast. (I hope I’m proven wrong!)
Re: Loeb—Remember though, Loeb is featured on this podcast in large part on the coincidence that he and Linkletter went to high school together, and remained friends/in contact w. each other for a long time. He obviously trusts her, and while he has had his share of substance abuse related issues, the details of the arrest resulting from theft of duffel bag from Burke’s truck is credible.

What about him?[/QUOTE
While searching some info, I not only found it interesting his comment on Loeb & police misconduct stating that he was instructed by the AG (Spota) not to comment on the investigation, but that he was also the legislature's presiding officer- which oversees the PD.
I then noticed his initials.
I then noticed that he left his legislature post in 2013 (I believe) to become a manager of the Long Island Park Commission. (cover's Jones Beach & Manorville area etc)
Then, if anyone remembers in the podcast w DS (re: Amber) towards the end there was some mentioning of what sounded like Park Service when asked DS if he remembered a particular photo of a guy...or something to that effect.
Someone in the Parks Dept surely would have access to burlap. I also noticed how short he was.
Then around 2019, he stepped down as general manager of the park's department (just prior to belt being publicized)

It could all mean nothing but nonetheless something to ponder.
If you do search on him he's well connected w SCPD, players etc.

Last edited:
WH "He worked in the state parks office for over 18 years before his 2005 election to the Suffolk County Legislature."
Horsley Elected Presiding Officer of Suffolk Legislature

LI State Park locations-

long island state park office - Google Search
Oh, I must have somehow totally missed that original post. Thanks for re-posting...
Yeah, that’s all really interesting. Could be just strange coincidences, or more than that.
And I do remember the LISK podcast episode that you mentioned—it was Amber’s boyfriend—who asked about a particular individual while viewing photos of possible past johns of Amber’s. I’ll have to listen to again...

Oh, I must have somehow totally missed that original post. Thanks for re-posting...
Yeah, that’s all really interesting. Could be just strange coincidences, or more than that.
And I do remember the LISK podcast episode that you mentioned—it was Amber’s boyfriend—who asked about a particular individual while viewing photos of possible past johns of Amber’s. I’ll have to listen to again...

If you listen to podcast again, I "believe" it's been shortened or altered a bit when it comes to listening more closely. In other words, that part of the segment seems to have been changed. Unless it's just me, I can't seem to hear it anymore.

Although I believe it was mentioned somewhere else about this guy poss. working for the Parks Dept...I remember reading about it somewhere. But not sure where.

Not really. Appeared on LI w pseudonym re LISK. Appeared elsewhere w real name on unrelated topic. Probably feels pretty safe.
Wise of her to give real name if she is concerned for her safety; whoever she is fearful of, already knows it anyway, along w. where she lives. Now everyone knows who she is, so it reduces the likelihood that she might just ‘disappear’. It takes guts too, knowing the stigma it will create for her, along w. giving her claims more credibility.

Wise of her to give real name if she is concerned for her safety; whoever she is fearful of, already knows it anyway, along w. where she lives. Now everyone knows who she is, so it reduces the likelihood that she might just ‘disappear’. It takes guts too, knowing the stigma it will create for her, along w. giving her claims more credibility.
Just to be clear, the appearance in the other location has NOTHING to do with LISK. It's as innocuous as commenting on potholes to the local news. But to your point, those who do know her name, like those of whom she spoke in her interview with JR, could probably locate her if they searched.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back