Unsolved murder map

• Thread starter Deleted member 185742
  • Start date
I cannot see the map, so not sure if you have these or not:

UNSOLVED MURDERS: LAWRENCE COUNTY, PA

The body of Peggy Sue Hogue, 24, was found the morning of June 12, 1983, in a ravine just off River Road. She died from blunt force trauma to the head and neck and had what appeared to be choke marks on her throat.
State police said Hogue had been at the Park Gate bar in Ellwood City during the early morning hours of that day, and was last seen alive about 5 a.m. hitchhiking along Lawrence Ave., just outside Ellwood City.

~~~~~
Bonnie Dryfuse, 34, her daughters, Heather, 4, and Jacqueline, 7, and her niece, Stephanie Herko, 5, of New Castle, on June 15, 1994. All four were stabbed multiple times and had their throats slashed in the Dryfuse family's rural trailer home in Pulaski Twp.
(a man was charged with their murders and found guilty, it was overturned, he was retried and found not guilty. This is the ruling on the overturn: Thomas Kimbell - National Registry of Exonerations)

~~~~~
Julie Rae Conway Wright, 35, of Shenango Twp., was abducted from the parking lot of the Warehouse Sales in Shenango Square Shopping Center and brutally killed. Aug 28, 1993
~~~~~
Melanie Lynn Gargasz, 4, & her babysitter, Beverly A. Withers, 37, were killed in the Gargasz home on Old Pulaski Road on Nov. 6, 1975.
Both victims were shot several times in the head with a small-caliber firearm. Withers was found naked. The child was fully clothed. There were no signs of sexual assault.

Melanie, Beverly and Bonnie dryfuse and daughters and niece were both in Pulaski.

The body of Peggy Sue Hogue, 24, was found the morning of June 12, 1983, in a ravine just off River Road. She died from blunt force trauma to the head and neck and had what appeared to be choke marks on her throat.
State police said Hogue had been at the Park Gate bar in Ellwood City during the early morning hours of that day, and was last seen alive about 5 a.m. hitchhiking along Lawrence Ave., just outside Ellwood City.

~~~~~
Bonnie Dryfuse, 34, her daughters, Heather, 4, and Jacqueline, 7, and her niece, Stephanie Herko, 5, of New Castle, on June 15, 1994. All four were stabbed multiple times and had their throats slashed in the Dryfuse family's rural trailer home in Pulaski Twp.
(a man was charged with their murders and found guilty, it was overturned, he was retried and found not guilty. This is the ruling on the overturn: Thomas Kimbell - National Registry of Exonerations)

~~~~~
Julie Rae Conway Wright, 35, of Shenango Twp., was abducted from the parking lot of the Warehouse Sales in Shenango Square Shopping Center and brutally killed. Aug 28, 1993
~~~~~
Melanie Lynn Gargasz, 4, & her babysitter, Beverly A. Withers, 37, were killed in the Gargasz home on Old Pulaski Road on Nov. 6, 1975.
Both victims were shot several times in the head with a small-caliber firearm. Withers was found naked. The child was fully clothed. There were no signs of sexual assault.

Melanie, Beverly and Bonnie dryfuse and daughters and niece were both in Pulaski.
I hope this is ok to post. I believe this is the same man that was exonerated of the murders of Bonnie, Heather, Jaqueline & Stephanie. It seems Mr. Kimbell is missing:
THOMAS KIMBELL: Police looking for missing man

The article says no signs of foul play. Autopsy scheduled.
(just noticed it was the same article, so snipped it out).
Thank you, MamaTiger.
I’m a native to the area & have always wondered who murdered Bonnie & the children.
Seeing Mr. Kimbell in the news again is surreal...

Thank you, MamaTiger.
I’m a native to the area & have always wondered who murdered Bonnie & the children.
Seeing Mr. Kimbell in the news again is surreal...
I am also a native to the area Peggy Sue from the above was a cousin of mine. They never found her killer and her case, it seems, is as cold as it gets. I was young when she was murdered. It changed our lives forever.

I am also a native to the area Peggy Sue from the above was a cousin of mine. They never found her killer and her case, it seems, is as cold as it gets. I was young when she was murdered. It changed our lives forever.
MamaTiger, I am so very sorry for your loss :( I hope Peggy Sue’s killer will be found & convicted.
Is there a thread for her here? Is there any more info available that I could read on her case?

MamaTiger, I am so very sorry for your loss :( I hope Peggy Sue’s killer will be found & convicted.
Is there a thread for her here? Is there any more info available that I could read on her case?
No. If you search she is mentioned a couple of times on this site; however, not much more than what I posted here. I just started searching her case and there is very little posted on her. There is a book that mentions her and has her picture, there is a facebook page that mentions her, and their are links to cold case in PA, but it is broken.
There is mention of her when her cousin was shot and killed in 2013, but that is it. Her mom, brother, and daughter survive. But, I don't have the heart to ask about it. Don't want to open old wounds.

No. If you search she is mentioned a couple of times on this site; however, not much more than what I posted here. I just started searching her case and there is very little posted on her. There is a book that mentions her and has her picture, there is a facebook page that mentions her, and their are links to cold case in PA, but it is broken.
There is mention of her when her cousin was shot and killed in 2013, but that is it. Her mom, brother, and daughter survive. But, I don't have the heart to ask about it. Don't want to open old wounds.
I completely understand not wanting to ask surviving family members about Peggy’s case. Trying to research on your own is probably best.
I can’t understand why there is so little info available. It’s not right

Please add Jeremy Clark, murdered August 30, 2016 at 4130 Woodard Rd in Augusta Ga.

Is there a physical map of all of these online? With pins for each one?

~~~~~

~~~~~
~~~~~

I hope this is ok to post. I believe this is the same man that was exonerated of the murders of Bonnie, Heather, Jaqueline & Stephanie. It seems Mr. Kimbell is missing:
THOMAS KIMBELL: Police looking for missing man

I hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes here, but I've started threads in the cold case forum for the Dryfuse and Withers/Gargasz cases. I'll also start one for Kathy and Dawn Kadunce, as that was roughly within the same 3 mile-ish radius, and Peggy Sue Hogue. There were convictions for the Kadunce murders, but there was also at least one acquittal and other people rumoured to be involved.

PA - Bonnie 34, Jacqueline 7, & Heather Dryfuse 4, Stephanie Herko 5, Fatally Stabbed, Pulaski, 6/15/94

PA - Beverly Withers (Babysitter), 37, & Melanie Gargasz, 4, Neshannock Twp, Nov 6 1975

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back