GUILTY UT - Amy Candland, 41, found murdered, Provo, 21 Feb 2010

Oops! Guess the map doesn't matter much now, as I am reading your posts above that suggests the body isn't Susan. Sorry!!

You showed us the area of the finding, so no matter, that's a good thing. Thanks.

It's a shame, whoever she is.

having hearing aids in both ears, and having been there for several days (rather than a couple of months) would seem to make it easy to rule out Susan.

I hope this young lady's killer(s) are found and brought to justice.

As I really do not think Susan is alive, I was hoping that her body had been found.

This poor girl/woman has a family somewhere and my sympathy goes out to them. At least they can give her a dignified burial. GB them all.

Not Susan, it is a woman named Amy Candlin (not sure of the spelling, I will go look for a print article)

ETA

The victim in this case is Amy Candland, age 41, of Provo. Amy is an aunt to the supect in this case, Damien Candland.

UTAH COUNTY -- Police in Utah County have released the name of a woman whose body was found in Hobble Creek Canyon Sunday afternoon.

She is 41-year-old Amy Candland. Monday morning, police arrested her nephew on suspicion of murder.

Damien Allister Candland, 22, was booked into the Utah County Jail on one charge of aggravated murder.

The woman's body was found Sunday afternoon in Hobble Creek Canyon Canyon east of Springville. The investigation continued overnight. Police were led to a home in Provo where they served a search warrant. They did not immediately say what they may have found at the residence.

Police believe the woman may have been dead for several days.

Sgt. Spencer Cannon of the Utah County Sheriff's Office said, "Some of the evidence at the scene that helped us to collect information was based on the amount of snow and what was found in the snow. So it wouldn't have been months or even weeks but a couple of days, give or take a few."

She had not been reported missing. Her body has been taken to the state medical examiner's office for an autopsy.

The suspect will appear in court for a bail hearing Tuesday morning.

Police have not released details on how the woman was killed, where she died and what circumstances led them to book Candland for aggravated murder. They may release more information later today. Stay with KSL for updates as they are available.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9770938

Although I wish we could have a wonderful miracle from God and find Susan alive, sadly, I don't think that is a possibility in this case. So, the next thing I wish for is the recovery of her body and the arrest of josh. When I saw the thread, I was saddened but satisfied that the case may be coming close to resolution. Unfortunately, it turns out it was some other, poor person that had been killed. I should not be surprised but I like to think there are not enough crimes like this in any given area. So, when a body is found in Utah, I assume it is Susan. The fact that not only one but two bodies have been recovered in Utah since Susan went missing, neither of them her, speaks volumes about how screwed up our society is, I think.
I hope Susan is found soon.

Thanks for the updates. I am very happy to see an arrest in Ms. Candland's murder.

From July 2011:

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sltrib/news/52234623-78/candland-damien-amy-aunt.html.csp

Amy Jo Candland fought to overcome her hearing impairment and learning disabilities. At times, she worked three jobs. But when her nephew needed a place to live, she opened her door to him.

But in just 10 months living with his aunt at her Provo home, Damien Candland racked up four felony charges in what Utah County Deputy Attorney Julia Thomas called an "escalating pattern of violence."

That escalation ended in February 2010, when the 23-year-old Damien Candland raped and strangled his 45-year-old aunt and then dumped her body beside a trash bin up Hobble Creek Canyon.

On Thursday, 4th District Judge James Taylor sentenced Candland to life in prison without the possibility of parole...

Candland had pleaded guilty to the first-degree felony murder charge earlier this year in exchange for prosecutors agreeing to not seek the death penalty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back