UT - Baby "For Sale" in online classifieds - Salt Lake City

They called her Hazel? Hazel is a tree. Acacia is a tree. I don't know how it all figures into the equation, but that sent a chill down my spine. And I don't get spine-chilled very often at all.

I just realized that the zip code for the add in Reannans post #5 is not in Utah. 77017 is Houston. And the amount of $6560 is odd in itself. Why not $6500. or $7000.?

I just realized that the zip code for the add in Reannans post #5 is not in Utah. 77017 is Houston. And the amount of $6560 is odd in itself. Why not $6500. or $7000.?

Interesting that the guy the arrested for placing an add for a baby on Craig's List was from Dallas, Texas.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62515

JanetElaine, I agree that Hazel and Acacia both being trees is a bit creepy! :confused:

That whole Reverand Burgman thing caught my eye also. I find it odd. Why would a " Rev Burgman" be selling a child??? Even as a joke, that would be an odd thing to throw into the joke. Personally, the whole thing seems more like some sort of secret code to somebody - remember the move Desperately Seeking Susan with Madonna? Maybe some drug dealers are using the classifieds as ways of communicating??? :waitasec:

Ya know that price they put up there for this baby was odd as well. Who comes up for a price like that for anything let alone a baby? Please Lord don't let it be some code for pedophiles. I had read an article not too long ago about a convicted pedophile who helped LE decipher codes they all use. In fact the creep who was helping them had a tattooo on his neck of a bar code. What was the bar code to? A brand of boys underwear. I hope they find out who this is. I just thought the name Pauline and Helene were close. Then the Paula. People are out of their minds no matter if it's a hoax or something far more sinister. Where they put the condition of products on that classified site. Do you pick your own or have ones to choose from. Who even for a hoax would say a baby was "used"?

$6,560 is actually the same number backwards if you drop the 0. Here goes me googling 6560 and on and on. I hope they find out who did this.

http://www.kptv.com/news/15717620/detail.html

The photo of the infant was obtained by the suspect off the Internet, and he does not have any infant children of his own.

Thank you Sewing Deb for this update. Sorry I cross posted. How weird is that? What in the heck was this creep doing? Another example of people taking innocent pictures of children from the internet and using them for sick purposes.

It's a felony in Oregon to sell a baby? I'd hope so. Makes me now have to look up laws in other States on this matter.

Thank you Sewing Deb for this update. Sorry I cross posted. How weird is that? What in the heck was this creep doing? Another example of people taking innocent pictures of children from the internet and using them for sick purposes.

You're welcome. It's very sick and I'm glad they were able to track him down.

Interesting that the guy the arrested for placing an add for a baby on Craig's List was from Dallas, Texas.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62515

JanetElaine, I agree that Hazel and Acacia both being trees is a bit creepy! :confused:

Yeah, I was so glad to hear they are charging hime with Buying/selling of a child among other things, even though there never really was a child. Sounds like his sick little joke turned around and smacked him right in the face. Hopefully they will do the same thing to whoever placed the Utah baby ad. I'm still hoping it's a sick joke. But I'm glad most of you agree with me that the child does look like Acacia. At least I'm not crazy. LOL.

I have also looked online for all pics of Acacia I can find, and haven't seen that one. I'm not sure where the grandmother is at this point or if she's even still incarcerated, I sure as hell hope so. I know in the beginning of the case, Acacia's parents believed she was still alive, and I have found posts on other boards by her father, but he stopped posting in late 2004. Maybe they have given up hope. :( Sad

I just found this interesting blog regarding Craigslist crimes. I'm going to also post this in the other two threads.

http://craigscrimelist.org/

SuziQ,
That link didn't work for me.
I know here in the Dallas area, about a year ago or so, there was a nasty murder case connected to Craigslist. A young man 18 to 20ish, had saved up some money to buy a vehicle. He lived in a smaller town on the outskirts of the Dallas Metro area, and he found a vehicle he liked for sale on Craigslist. Called the seller, setup a time to come see the vehicle and of course brought the payment with him in cash. There never was a vehicle and this young man was robbed and murdered. I know just from that one case, I will never use craigslist to purchase any high dollar items, I think it puts you too much at risk. I did however get my new kitten from Craigslist and she was a steal of a deal for free. :)

Hmmmm, I just tried the link and it worked for me. Craigslist has gotten too scary for me. We've had some crimes locally related to that site as well. But nothing like that poor kid who just wanted a car!

Hmmmm, I just tried the link and it worked for me. Craigslist has gotten too scary for me. We've had some crimes locally related to that site as well. But nothing like that poor kid who just wanted a car!

It's working now, so maybe the site was down when I tried. Thanks.

Seeing the "Rev. Pauline" makes me wonder if that's not an adoption facilitation fee. You give it to the facilitator often up front...they "match" prospective adoptive parents w/ expectant parents. But the "fee" sounds right in the range for one. If you read it a bit differently you can see how it fits....condition being used - well, you usually only have two choices, could be a default setting etc (think of the myspaces we've seen that state single even thought the person is openly involved/married etc) The venue being advertised in makes sense if it's an adoption related business. Parents/future are going to be reading in the childrens section etc.

Also, the dog thing...esp. with craigslist, people will advertise in more than just their "home market".

not "excusing" the ad , just giving another perspective....

ETA ***Note to self read through whole posting before commenting!*:doh:

Identical 'Baby For Sale' Ad Shows Up On New York Website

A classified ad featuring a baby "for sale" -- nearly identical to the one that appeared on KUTV's classifieds a week ago -- was again seen, this time on a New York news station's website. (more at link)

http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=bb2ebb85-4311-4f98-b31d-b120aa3e7f4f

Link to the N.Y. add:

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/marketplace/classifieds/items?cat_id=526&item_id=2282

Thanks for the update SuziQ. It does lead me more to believe this is a prank, but someone definitely needs to face charges for this. It's disgusting. I hope the possibility of the picture being Acacia has been looked into by now. I haven't seen much of a follow-up on this story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back