UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree. FIVE times in ten days? No way in hell would I leave that child unattended.

And I really want to know how he got out that door while she was still up.

The search Tuesday morning focused on a one-mile area around the boy's apartment, near 500 West and 1425 North. About 40 officers from Layton Police and other agencies were canvassing the area, going door-to-door, sending out a reverse 911 call to residents informing them of the missing child, and stopping vehicles leaving the apartment complex and asking drivers for their consent to search their car, Atkin said. Several police K9s were brought to the area, including a Bloodhound from West Valley police. Investigators have also made contact with all registered sex offenders in that square-mile area, Atkin said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/Layton-police-search-for-missing-4-year-old-boy.html

I have to agree. FIVE times in ten days? No way in hell would I leave that child unattended.

And I really want to know how he got out that door while she was still up.

the only way I can see her not hearing this was if she was in the shower. However, the news article states Ethan was visiting his mom and step dad. So if she was showering, where was step dad? Unless he works nights....... and she was home alone with Ethan, and took her shower at night thinking he was asleep. I could see the shower waking a child in a new environment. Though, I do wonder why she would not leave the door open even if she was showering to hear if the 4 yr old needed something..... I did that all the time when mine was younger.

the only way I can see her not hearing this was if she was in the shower. However, the news article states Ethan was visiting his mom and step dad. So if she was showering, where was step dad? Unless he works nights....... and she was home alone with Ethan, and took her shower at night thinking he was asleep. I could see the shower waking a child in a new environment. Though, I do wonder why she would not leave the door open even if she was showering to hear if the 4 yr old needed something..... I did that all the time when mine was younger.

The site says the apartments are "seconds" away from the Air Force base. If they are originally from VA that could be the connection (tons of military in VA). Maybe stepdad works swing or graveyard shift on base.

The site says the apartments are "seconds" away from the Air Force base. If they are originally from VA that could be the connection (tons of military in VA). Maybe stepdad works swing or graveyard shift on base.

One of the articles said Ethan is from VA and is just staying with the mom and step-dad for the summer. So, maybe he lives with Dad in VA the rest of the year?

Yep. I'm VERY familiar with the Layton area (well, all of Utah actually) and where his apartment complex is is literally within steps of Hill Air Force Base. It's also relatively close to the freeway (I-15) and a shopping plaza is about 3 miles away.

Team ADAM has been activated from the NCMEC.

No sign yet of him. They are doing secondary sweeps of the apartments where there was no answer this a.m.

CART, the Child Abduction Response Team, was called to the scene at 1 a.m. on Tuesday to assist with the search; however, as of 9 a.m., police still believed the child was not abducted. The Davis County Sheriff's Search and Rescue team has 12 members, said Jason Curry, a member of that unit.
Officers are checking vehicles coming in and out of the apartment complex, said Atkin. Police are showing drivers posters of the boy and asking to search people's vehicles. When Atkin was aksed about the possiblity someone may have picked the child up, he said, "We hope that did not happen."
Police cannot issue an amber alert at this time, Atkin said, because there has to be certain criteria. However, police have issued an endagered person alert.
http://www.standard.net/topics/search-and-rescue/2010/05/11/boy-4-reported-missing-layton

One of the articles said Ethan is from VA and is just staying with the mom and step-dad for the summer. So, maybe he lives with Dad in VA the rest of the year?

According to this statement, that's what it sounds like to me too. "The boy is new to the area. He lived with his biological father in Virginia but 10 days ago came to live with his mother and stepfather for the summer."

That's how I took it. I'm just trying to make the connection between VA and UT (assuming that the parents were together in VA or UT at some point); that's why I thought maybe stepfather is in military.

Yep. I'm VERY familiar with the Layton area (well, all of Utah actually) and where his apartment complex is is literally within steps of Hill Air Force Base. It's also relatively close to the freeway (I-15) and a shopping plaza is about 3 miles away.

:(

Oh no ...

So sad to read this. It's very cold and wet this morning. They are in a populated area with lots of fast foods restaurants and convenient stores. Really nowhere for this little guy to hide or run off to without being noticed.

When he ran off the other times, is this verified by LE or just something that came from mom? Has there been a last sighting established from an independant party?

I agree with the poster who posted about Hill AFB. Mom or dad probably transfered to work there.

I can't stress how busy the area is and how heavy traffic is. The streetview must have been done at like 6am on a Sunday morning.

When he ran off the other times, is this verified by LE or just something that came from mom? Has there been a last sighting established from an independant party?

These are excellent questions. Maybe I'm jaded, but I've already caught myself wondering if Ethan wasn't harmed by mom or his stepfather.

These are excellent questions. Maybe I'm jaded, but I've already caught myself wondering if Ethan wasn't harmed by mom or his stepfather.

I know what you mean. Shades of little Robert Manwill.

Let's hope we are wrong and Ethan is found safe and sound.

It's pouring rain in Layton.

So how long has this little guy been missing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500