UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Florida judge who oversaw the divorce proceedings between Joe and Stephanie Stacy -- including the custody rights involving their 4-year-old son, Ethan -- says she never heard arguments that the child would be in danger with his mother.
"Sometimes both parties come to court to get their agreement approved and to get the divorce decree that incorporates the marital agreement," Judge Maura T. Smith of the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida said. "But there was no discussion about what was in the agreement other than some of the financial aspects, and usually these cases last less than 10 minutes."
In divorce papers filed last year, Ethan Stacy's father outlined his fears about leaving the 4-year-old boy with his mother.
"The mother has abandoned the child and I'm afraid the mother will come and take him and I'll never see him again," Joe Stacy wrote in an emergency petition for temporary custody of Ethan, calling her "unstable."

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15079390

ETA: we posted this at the same time BeanE ;-)

Shouldn't the judge have read the papers?

By May 8, I don't think Ethan would have been able to smear feces on the walls. I doubt Ethan was even conscious by this point. What do you guys in the medical field think?

I don't think it was on the 8th. I think he was dead on the 8th, by 8-9 pm at the latest (if we're to believe that 's statement that he was "cold and stiff" by 5 am Sunday). I do believe something like that did occur, however. I think he'd been incontinent from the stress, and perhaps "smeared" it in sheer terror, trying to clean it up, knowing what was going to happen to him if NS found it. I think it's even more likely NS beat him while trying to force him to clean the mess, causing it to be "smeared", and then as punishment forced him to eat the feces. I believe that she did find that in his mouth; as evil as these two are, I can't fathom someone fabricating something as vile as that. The comment on the last thread that it may have happened when she was out shopping and NS decided to "bathe" him sounds dead on, now that I think about it. So that would have been on Friday, IIRC.

No matter how much she brushed his teeth, the ME should be able to culture fecal bacteria from his mouth and throat. I hope LE took his toothbrush as well so it could be tested.

It was already settled in mediation. It's considered "open" for awhile longer, in case either party contests it through the courts (ie, an attorney, etc) ... but there wasn't time for that to happen.

Joe Stacy was there, but would have been legally unable to complain about what he had already agreed to.

Mediation is FINE in cases where there's no argument, but it's often used as the "cheap way out" to avoid attorneys fees. Billboards here offer mediated divorces for $250. In this case, I'd have gone to court. But maybe finances didn't allow it.

I hope that when the judge does read all the accounts of this

crime she will have many sleepless night with lots of nightmares.

She should resign her post....IMO

I use to believe that raping and killing a child was the most horrible thing possible in this reality. The Sloops have proven me wrong.

I've followed many cases on WS but none, even the most gruesome I have read, has affected me the way Ethan's has.

I do not know him, never met him, don't know his family, live nowhere near any of them--but I have great love for this adorable innocent child. No child deserves what was meted out to him. He deserved love and care, and he got rejection, hurt, and pain. He was harmed and murdered by an evil and self-absorbed mother and stepfather (I don't care what anyone says, he was murdered by his mother). He suffered and Stephanie Sloop failed to come to his aid or get in touch with LE. She was just too busy being "in love" with Nathan. How anyone can continue to "love" someone who would cruelly injure their own flesh and blood is beyond me.

I am not a person of violence, or violent thought. I want good for all people. But in this case, in this disgusting case, I want NS and SS to suffer. I want them to be humiliated. I want them to feel pain. I want them to receive in return all that they dished out to little Ethan. I'm sorry, but I do.

Ethan, you suffered so, but rest now in Heaven and enjoy a warm and happy life among the angels and all the beauty of that place. May your terrible remembrances of your last days on Earth be gone forever. You deserved so much more, baby.

My prayers are with his father and the rest of the family that loved him.

She left her beaten, terrorized, brain-injured, dying child locked in his bedroom while she left to go marry the who was systematically beating, torturing and killing him.

SHE. MUST. BE. CHARGED. WITH. MURDER. TOO. :furious::furious:

However, the Stacys went through mediation to hash out the details of the divorce, including custody of Ethan. In it, they agreed that Joe Stacy would be the custodial parent while Stephanie Stacy would get the 4-year-old boy every summer, spring break and every other major holiday.

Poor Ethan his first visit was to the house of horrors. He should have been playing, going to the park, swimming. I bet he was excited about being on an airplane. How could they be so evil to do this? WHY? WHY? I still cannot wrap my mind around the torture he suffered.

Do you know what time the hearing is, puf?

Bean, all I know is that formal charges will be announced at a presser tomorrow at 11AM.

Oh well...the judge is sorry....alrighty then! :sick:

And, why, pray tell was dad ordered to pay child support? Ethan lived with him! :banghead:

Considering that they have confessions, tons of evidence, AND the body, there ought to be no limit to what he charges them with.

I'm eagerly awaiting the hearing tomorrow. I hope we get a leak before then to tell us what the formal charges will be.
I agree, but I'm afraid Utah isn't as tough on crime as they could be. (As a Texan, I'd be a lot happier if they'd ship this couple of :censored: to us to deal with.)

I've been researching Utah's statutes on felony murder and criminal responsibility (laws under which she would be found as culpable as he) and finding conflicting information. But in their statutes posted online, we do have this:

76-2-202. Criminal responsibility for direct commission of offense or for conduct of another.
Every person, acting with the mental state required for the commission of an offense who directly commits the offense, who solicits, requests, commands, encourages, or intentionally aids another person to engage in conduct which constitutes an offense shall be criminally liable as a party for such conduct.
http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/htm/76_02_020200.htm

76-2-302. Compulsion.
(1) A person is not guilty of an offense when he engaged in the proscribed conduct because he was coerced to do so by the use or threatened imminent use of unlawful physical force upon him or a third person, which force or threatened force a person of reasonable firmness in his situation would not have resisted.
(2) The defense of compulsion provided by this section shall be unavailable to a person who intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly places himself in a situation in which it is probable that he will be subjected to duress.
(3) A married woman is not entitled, by reason of the presence of her husband, to any presumption of compulsion or to any defense of compulsion except as in Subsection (1) provided.
http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/htm/76_02_030200.htm
More here:
http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/76_02.htm

I don't see how she escapes being charged with felony murder under these laws, unless they cut a deal with her, which would be an outrage.

By May 8, I don't think Ethan would have been able to smear feces on the walls. I doubt Ethan was even conscious by this point. What do you guys in the medical field think?

I am in the medical field puff - and logic should prevail in a time-line. There is no way a child laying in his own vomit and blood has the energy to smear or eat feces. Matter of fact, I don't think the child was alive very long on Saturday, that's when I think he died. moo
Other things that don't f it in - mom doing CPR, brushing his teeth, Nate giving child a bath.

I was asked to put that in - do you think I should take it out or allow it to show what a liar Stephanie really is? ?TIA

The police in Utah have been shocked after finding the remains of the body of the missing boy Ethan Stacy and the cops have said they could not imagine somebody could murder a lovely child so cruelly.

By the evening the cops were able to find the remains but it was a horrific experience for them, as Layton Police lieutenant Garret Atkin said in a press conference

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...ed-stepfather-arrested-by-cops_100362628.html

LE is suffering too.

A Florida judge who oversaw the divorce proceedings between Joe and Stephanie Stacy -- including the custody rights involving their 4-year-old son, Ethan -- says she never heard arguments that the child would be in danger with his mother.
"Sometimes both parties come to court to get their agreement approved and to get the divorce decree that incorporates the marital agreement," Judge Maura T. Smith of the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida said. "But there was no discussion about what was in the agreement other than some of the financial aspects, and usually these cases last less than 10 minutes."
In divorce papers filed last year, Ethan Stacy's father outlined his fears about leaving the 4-year-old boy with his mother.
"The mother has abandoned the child and I'm afraid the mother will come and take him and I'll never see him again," Joe Stacy wrote in an emergency petition for temporary custody of Ethan, calling her "unstable."

ETA: we posted this at the same time BeanE ;-)

There has to be some major changes in our courts and CPS, etc. STOP with this mindset that a child *must* be with their mother or father (or both). Screw this 'maintain the family unit' crap. Do what's right for the child. Period.. If that means they never see their parent(s), ever, so be it. Stop affording parental rights to people who have no business even near a child, simply because they were able to procreate. If the best person to raise the child is the mother, fine. If it's dad, fine. If---as in the case of little Aveion---it's complete strangers who take them into their lives and love them as their own, then put the child in their care.

I know I'm not making sense here, sorry. I feel like I'm sputtering while I type, I'm so angry.

I am in the medical field puff - and logic should prevail in a time-line. There is no way a child laying in his own vomit and blood has the energy to smear or eat feces. Matter of fact, I don't think the child was alive very long on Saturday, that's when I think he died. moo
Other things that don't f it in - mom doing CPR, brushing his teeth, Nate giving child a bath.

I was asked to put that in - do you think I should take it out or allow it to show what a liar Stephanie really is? ?TIA

Leave it in to show what a liar she is. LE had to write the affidavit based on what she said. Her facts are going to get ripped to shreds in court.

So true, they do not deserve their next breath.

They do not deserve to breathe, but if they must I would ask that every breath be as difficult and labored as a severe asthma attack...let them suffer the fear and anxiety that develops when you are unable to catch a full breath! Ethan was forced to endure far worse then these 2 demons will ever know!

There is a pic on the fb page "In Remembrance of Ethan Stacy" that is getting some people upset on there. I am not going to post it, but Ethan is in a blue shirt. Here is the link.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...aid=-1&oid=116369541732606&id=100000158901558

There is more than one FB page for him. This one has over 3600 members already, and the photo was cropped:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...iew=global&subj=122374551115521&id=1097602296

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122374551115521&ref=ts

He wasn't giving Ethan a bath. He was burning him in scalding hot water as a sadistic *punishment*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500