UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you asked that Cat I have been wondering why neither of the 's mention going to work at all the week they were beating this little boy. I haven't seen it reported that either one had a job or what it might have been. Maybe they were living off the child support Joe was having to pay. Anyone know if she was awarded spousal support?

Great point, Jaxson. That crossed my mind, too, but I forgot all about it.

Yes, I thought it was odd there was no mention of either of them going anywhere to do anything as a matter of routine, like a job or class. Seems like all they had to do all week was stay at home together and beat Ethan. I envisioned them sitting around playing video games and getting high, and Ethan probably didn't have much of anything to do at all.

I'm surprised the media hasn't addressed this either. Very unusual.

-4 may (tuesday) would fit with the day the abuse started based on the picture that was in the media and would also account for his mother saying he could not come to the phone in later on. His Father stated that he called his son every day and last talked to him on Monday, 3 may.

hmm.... IS that in the time line yet? If not it is significant!

ETA where is eyes4crime?

SS may not have needed a reason to keep Ethan from using the phone. If she were as spiteful then as she's been described to be at every other time, she might've just wanted to be a witch and not let JS talk to his son. Just another way to be in control and get in her digs on JS. Then by the time Ethan was injured, she sure as shot wasn't going to let the two of them talk. Possible....

-4 may (tuesday) would fit with the day the abuse started based on the picture that was in the media and would also account for his mother saying he could not come to the phone in later on. His Father stated that he called his son every day and last talked to him on Monday, 3 may.

ETA where is eyes4crime?

Second thought...my last post wouldn't really apply, then. If SS had allowed JS to talk to Ethan over the course of the first few days he was there, then what I purposed in my last post is probably unlikely.

ETA where is eyes4crime?
it is significant and was in one of the thousands of articles out about the case. I will see if I can go back and find it. I specifically remember it saying that Joe last talked to his son on MONDAY. (3 may)... With-holding of phone calls after that monday is very significant to me.

My thoughts on the photo in the media ***JMHOO***

-------------------------------------

1) iirc in the KSL video that first showed the picture they said it was sent to them.
-who sent it?
-it was not attributed to LE
-can we assume it was one of the battery of photos mentioned or was it a different
photo? And if so, who was it sent to/who leaked it? Who else was she sending
her pictures to?

2) In the report they said the photo was taken on 4 May, but the wording in the screen cap of the video is 5 May
-was the dating a mistake/or the reporting a mistake?
-either way, on 4 or 5 May Ethan has a HUGE contusion to his left jaw with
significant swelling and injury. This means in the least, that he was BEATEN prior
to May 4-5th AT LEAST.

3) He arrived in Utah with his 'Mother' on 1 May which was a Saturday. His father, according to Media reports, called him every day.. until on "monday" (which was 3 may he last talked to him and on subsequent days was given excuses why his son could not come to the phone.
-no matter if he was abused from that very first day he left (1 may) until the day his mother started saying he was "unable to come to the phone (tuesday 4 may) obviously something horrible was going on that monday. Whether she was just being controlling over the phone and situation or he had already been abused physically at that point we do not yet know but, according to his father, it was the last time he was able to talk to his son.

Sorry for the long post...

BBM I thought Monday was the day he said no one returned his call and that he was referring to Monday the 10th. I thought it was between the 4th and the 10th that he was given the excuses as to why Ethan couldn't come to the phone. I think I am getting officially confused now...

My thoughts on the photo in the media ***JMHOO***

-------------------------------------

1) iirc in the KSL video that first showed the picture they said it was sent to them.
-who sent it?
-it was not attributed to LE
-can we assume it was one of the battery of photos mentioned or was it a different
photo? And if so, who was it sent to/who leaked it? Who else was she sending
her pictures to?

2) In the report they said the photo was taken on 4 May, but the wording in the screen cap of the video is 5 May
-was the dating a mistake/or the reporting a mistake?
-either way, on 4 or 5 May Ethan has a HUGE contusion to his left jaw with
significant swelling and injury. This means in the least, that he was BEATEN prior
to May 4-5th AT LEAST.

3) He arrived in Utah with his 'Mother' on 1 May which was a Saturday. His father, according to Media reports, called him every day.. until on "monday" (which was 3 may he last talked to him and on subsequent days was given excuses why his son could not come to the phone.
-no matter if he was abused from that very first day he left (1 may) until the day his mother started saying he was "unable to come to the phone (tuesday 4 may) obviously something horrible was going on after that last call on Monday. Whether she was just being controlling over the phone and situation or he had already been abused physically at that point we do not yet know but, according to his father, it was the last time he was able to talk to his son.

Sorry for the long post...

FY - Hi nurse - the tine-line was wrong all this time - Ethan and Stephanie flew into Utah on April 28th - after finalizing divorce papers in Florida. I have since changed the time-line on page 8 of this thread. Who knows what else I'll have to add or change - this is forever changing. sorry about the wrong date.

Picking a prescription up at 5 am on a Sunday... Mother's Day Sunday at that very odd timing IMO.

They prob sold drugs for a living! IDK... There is no mention of either of them going to work from the 1st to the 11th.
I also want to know what other items were on the receipt for the drug store. Cleaning supplies, etc? Was there another reason for that time in the morning for picking up the medication?

BBM I thought Monday was the day he said no one returned his call and that he was referring to Monday the 10th. I thought it was between the 4th and the 10th that he was given the excuses as to why Ethan couldn't come to the phone. I think I am getting officially confused now...
he was "reported missing" on 10 may... I don't think he talked to his dad that day

Picking a prescription up at 5 am on a Sunday... Mother's Day Sunday at that very odd timing IMO.

They prob sold drugs for a living! IDK... There is no mention of either of them going to work from the 1st to the 11th.

I bet she went to buy garbage bags and tape - that's what they wrapped Ethan in so they could bring him to the burial place. moo

he was "reported missing" on 10 may... I don't think he talked to his dad that day

I thought I had read in one of the article's that Joe called last on Monday and did not receive a call back. I realize he was reported missing Monday the 10th but it was at midnight? I guess I thought they reported it that night because they had spent days putting Dad off and then didn't answer or return a call and thought they had best report him missing. I hadn't seen the date of May 3rd as being the Monday he last called. Just surprised he let them put him off for 8 days is all...

Eta Did I say he talked to him the 10th...

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
Thought I would bring the time line forward for the members and guests.
Ethan's slow deterioration time-line of hell! 5th revision (05/15/10 - eyes4crime).

April 28th - Wednesday

Finalizing divorce papers in Florida, Ethan and mom Stephanie fly to Utah

May 4th - Tuesday
First of many cell phone pictures mom takes of abuse over the days.
Picture time-stamped May 4th of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.

May5th - Wednesday
Nate's mom visits - says all is fine
Stephanie visits Nate's mom
Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.
Ethan's father, Joe Stacey, was told his son wasn't available to talk with, a trend that continues through Ethan's limited stay.

Between May 5 and May 8
Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death. Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday (wedding day)
Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

Thurs May 6 or Fri May 7:
Neighbor recalls seeing Stephanie walking away from the apartment seemingly agitated and stopping to look back at the apartment several times. A short time later Nathan followed her, put his hands on her face in a manner leading the neighbor to believe he was asking she please listen to him.

May 7th - Friday
Nate calls Stephanie to inform her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water). Stephanie finds human feces in child's mouth. Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
Child continues to suffer from scald burns and head injuries. Blood and vomit found in child's bed. Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets.

'Stephanie told us that on 05/08/2010 Ethan smeared his feces on the bathroom wall and on Nate."

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
Ethan is found dead in bed - Stephanie reports Ethan feels cold and stiff

Ethan wrapped in garbage bags with tape, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan. Stephanie buys 2 slushies and 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
Reported that Nate and Stephanie were shopping at Best Buy for video games and to fix Play Station 3
Late in day Stephanie reports child missing Make up story about child leaving the apt. 5x in in last 10 days in middle of night.

May 11th (Tuesday)
LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.

Please let me know of any additions or deletions. TIA
Thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Warrant of Probable Cause: Most of the time-line comes from this document. Quotes, and LE media leases.
(Nathan Probable Cause)
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/0/3...-e3a995c798a8/Probable_Cause_Nathan_Sloop.pdf

(Stephanie Probable Cause)
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/c/6...7e69229a/Probable_Cause_Stephanie_C_Sloop.pdf

ibbm, This is jmvho, but, I really think that poor Ethan had just died when the neighbor saw her agitated. Something significant happened there. I need to go back and find the timeline for rigor, but, that monster was spooked by something. If he wasn't already deceased, then this may have been her only glimmer of anxiety and perhaps thinking about doing the right thing. However, imo, I think she was just scared and in cya mode.

ibbm, This is jmvho, but, I really think that poor Ethan had just died when the neighbor saw her agitated. Something significant happened there. I need to go back and find the timeline for rigor, but, that monster was spooked by something. If he wasn't already deceased, then this may have been her only glimmer of anxiety and perhaps thinking about doing the right thing. However, imo, I think she was just scared and in cya mode.

LE has cell phone pictures documenting the abuse. I would guess that whatever the date of the last picture is probably when he died.

it is significant and was in one of the thousands of articles out about the case. I will see if I can go back and find it. I specifically remember it saying that Joe last talked to his son on MONDAY. (3 may)... With-holding of phone calls after that monday is very significant to me.

Looking at that picture, I would venture a guess that his jaw was broken Monday the 3 and that is why he couldn't talk. jmo of course. :furious:

here it is nurse.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10763286

'Stacy had called his son every day since he came to Utah, and Stephanie Sloop often would call her ex-husband to complain about the boy's behavior, Stacy said. But starting May 5 -- the day charging documents say Nathan Sloop, 31, began abusing Ethan -- his ex-wife kept coming up with reasons the boy couldn't talk to his father. The last call Stacy made was Monday, when Nathan Sloop gave another reason why the boy couldn't talk to his father, Stacy said.
"I never did get a call back," he said.'

ETA Maybe this should be added to the time line....

Stacy had called his son every day since he came to Utah, and Stephanie Sloop often would call her ex-husband to complain about the boy's behavior, Stacy said. But starting May 5 -- the day charging documents say Nathan Sloop, 31, began abusing Ethan -- his ex-wife kept coming up with reasons the boy couldn't talk to his father. The last call Stacy made was Monday, when Nathan Sloop gave another reason why the boy couldn't talk to his father, Stacy said.
"I never did get a call back," he said.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15074193

here it is nurse.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10763286

'Stacy had called his son every day since he came to Utah, and Stephanie Sloop often would call her ex-husband to complain about the boy's behavior, Stacy said. But starting May 5 -- the day charging documents say Nathan Sloop, 31, began abusing Ethan -- his ex-wife kept coming up with reasons the boy couldn't talk to his father. The last call Stacy made was Monday, when Nathan Sloop gave another reason why the boy couldn't talk to his father, Stacy said.
"I never did get a call back," he said.'

ETA Maybe this should be added to the time line....

Thanks, I just changed the time-line to reflect the 3rd as the last time dad Joe talked with Nathan. Is that right?
Thanks to all of you for helping to get this dang TL correct - it is all of ours.

ditto Jax (we both found it at the same time)

so:
between 28 april-3 may ((6 days)) called numerous times by Stephanie
complaining of his behavior

called monday 3 may: told by Nathan that Ethan cannot come to the phone

excuses why he cannot talk continue by Stephanie: 5 may wedneday

reported missing: 10 may Monday

Stacy had called his son every day since he came to Utah, and Stephanie Sloop often would call her ex-husband to complain about the boy's behavior, Stacy said. But starting May 5 -- the day charging documents say Nathan Sloop, 31, began abusing Ethan -- his ex-wife kept coming up with reasons the boy couldn't talk to his father. The last call Stacy made was Monday, when Nathan Sloop gave another reason why the boy couldn't talk to his father, Stacy said.
"I never did get a call back," he said.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15074193
eyes if you really look at the wording it seems that the first excuse given was on 3 may (monday) by nathan... than... continuing excuses starting 5 may were given by stephanie.

given this (and according to this media report which we all know could be iffy) we don't know the day that daddy last talked to Ethan.. however it did say that he had talked to him every day up until that point (so I am thinking last phone contact with dad was on 2 may)??

gngr~snap (or anyone else that knows the answer to my question I extend a TIA)

Was it reported where she went to pick up that script?

5AM is mightly early to be out to pick up a script. Does that town have 24 hour pharmacies?

Even if the pharmacy has extended hours (not 24 hours) wouldn't it be odd for the pharmacy (or pharmacy section of a big store) to be open that early in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname