GUILTY UT - Kimberly Hain, 33, murdered in her West Valley home, 22 May 2009

The kids. That was the time she gave them a bath and put them into bed.

FWIW, the kids are school age, but they are both autistic. So I'm not sure what type of school schedule they have. Most autistic kids in SLC are in their grade level.

If the kids are autisic were they even able to tell LE that their mother bathed them and put them to bed? I'm just trying to figure out how the timeline was established.

Was it stated he worked for LDS Hospital? I can't remember. That's a good 20 minutes or more from where they lived.

Sorry, don't mean to jump in and appear to take over. I lived and worked not far from where they lived for years.
You're never jumping in and taking over!! Your fellow sleuthers here appreciate all help! :blowkiss:

Yes, the article did say he works at LDS Hospital. So, if it's at least 20 min. away from the house, maybe that explains why the last time she was seen was 10pm? But then why would it also say "8pm to 10pm" and not mention he was the last to see her when he went to work? I'm really :confused: now!!

If the kids are autisic were they even able to tell LE that their mother bathed them and put them to bed? I'm just trying to figure out how the timeline was established.

I know one of the kids, maybe the daughter, told a neighbor that a bad man hurt/killed their mommy. So it sounds like one of them is high functioning. I'm not sure if the child is telling what they knows, or if they are repeating what they heard someone say.

Good question and when did the husband leave for work? Normally the graveyard shift is 11pm-7am, so it seems he should've been home after 10pm. Also, would an autistic 8 y/o child be able to tell LE what time he went to bed and last saw his mother? I don't know that much about the illness. :waitasec:

I hate to be the suspicious type but have seen before these types of situations and I have a feeling the husband wll turn out to be arrested. No forced sign of entry, no sexual attack, no known enemies, what motivation would anyone else have?

GMTA ~ same thing I want to know! :)

I know one of the kids, maybe the daughter, told a neighbor that a bad man hurt/killed their mommy. So it sounds like one of them is high functioning. I'm not sure if the child is telling what they knows, or if they are repeating what they heard someone say.

It sounds like what she may have been told to explain why mommy wasn't coming home :(
My nephew is autisic, severely so, and he has no speech whatsoever, but there are varying degrees of autisim.

Here is my take. The family is probably LDS and aren't involved in anything hinky at all. There would be nothing to make them a target. Not sure about the husband leaving work, he'd have to be gone an hour. Not impossible I guess and records would show this.

Also an interesting tidbit about LDS hospital. When the sun goes down, they go on lockdown and have alot of security with cameras everywhere. You can't just walk in and out. You have to check in and out. So the husband should be able alibi quickly.

I'm thinking the husband could have commited the crime when he got home.

I wonder what this is about?

HAIN, Douglass Patrick, Jr. Cause of
Salt Lake City, Utah Action: Respondent had engaged in unprofessional conduct prior to
submitting his application for licensure as a registered nurse.
Memorandum of Understanding and Order:
A license to practice as a registered nurse was issued and placed
on probation for five years with conditions and restrictions.
Date: May 16, 2005

http://www.dopl.utah.gov/investigations/citations/2005_07_01.pdf

I'm thinking the husband could have commited the crime when he got home.
It would seem more likely to be before he left for work. By the time he got home the kids were up. The only other thing that comes to mind is something along the lines of Elizabeth Smart's kidnapping ~ being, someone this couple had allowed into their home at some time came back and killed her. The only thing though that doesn't make sense is the absence of a motive if that were the case. :waitasec:

The below linked article makes it sounds as if only the older son is autistic, contrary to earlier reports that both children were.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_12438146

(snip)
Kimberly worked patiently with their autistic 8-year-old son, Vuksinick said, and often took him to the museum to see his beloved dinosaurs. For their 6-year-old daughter, she planned her latest birthday party with a princess theme.

Here is my take. The family is probably LDS and aren't involved in anything hinky at all. There would be nothing to make them a target. Not sure about the husband leaving work, he'd have to be gone an hour. Not impossible I guess and records would show this.

Also an interesting tidbit about LDS hospital. When the sun goes down, they go on lockdown and have alot of security with cameras everywhere. You can't just walk in and out. You have to check in and out. So the husband should be able alibi quickly.
Any ideas exactly what hours constitute the graveyard shift at this hospital?

I wonder what this is about?

HAIN, Douglass Patrick, Jr. Cause of
Salt Lake City, Utah Action: Respondent had engaged in unprofessional conduct prior to
submitting his application for licensure as a registered nurse.
Memorandum of Understanding and Order:
A license to practice as a registered nurse was issued and placed
on probation for five years with conditions and restrictions.
Date: May 16, 2005
http://www.dopl.utah.gov/investigations/citations/2005_07_01.pdf

Wowza, I wonder what that was about?

The below linked article makes it sounds as if only the older son is autistic, contrary to earlier reports that both children were.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_12438146

(snip)
Kimberly worked patiently with their autistic 8-year-old son, Vuksinick said, and often took him to the museum to see his beloved dinosaurs. For their 6-year-old daughter, she planned her latest birthday party with a princess theme.
I noticed that too as well as the ages of the children are different from the first articles, making each of them 2 years older, and both should've been in school Friday morning.

I noticed that too as well as the ages of the children are different from the first articles, making each of them 2 years older, and both should've been in school Friday morning.

Unless they were off track. SLC valley elementary schools are on a year round schedule. School for aprox 6 weeks then off for about 2 for the entire year. Everyone is off for a month in the summer.

I hate to be the suspicious type but have seen before these types of situations and I have a feeling the husband wll turn out to be arrested. No forced sign of entry, no sexual attack, no known enemies, what motivation would anyone else have?

I agree. Don't hate to be the suspicious type! It may save your life sometime.

Sorry--I hope that doesn't sound ominous, I didn't intend it that way--but it's good to listen to your gut!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back