UT UT - Kiplyn Davis, 15, Spanish Fork, 2 May 1995

Kiplyn,
I am thinking of you today and your family.
I am so sorry you have not had your proper burial,
however I believe in Hope and miracles, and I believe
that (hopefully sooner than later) we will find you.
Help us find where these creeps took you, your family
needs this!!!!
God Bless Kiplyn and her courageous family.

Going through my pictures... this one is from Spanish Fork canyon.
I don't know if that is really where Kiplyn is... but we think about her every single time we drive through. :seeya:

sfcanyontracks7.jpg

10 Cases Of Students Vanishing From Their Schools

2 - Kiplyn Davis

Fifteen-year-old Utah sophomore Kiplyn Davis was experiencing a typical school morning at Spanish Fork High School on May 2, 1995. However, after having lunch with her friends at the cafeteria, Kiplyn did not show up for the rest of her classes that day. She never returned home and left all her personal belongings behind in her locker. When Kiplyn’s parents reported her missing, authorities assumed she was a runaway since she had gotten into an argument with her family that morning. The Davis family would have to wait an entire decade before they received any answers. In 2005, five men—four of whom were students at Kiplyn’s school at the time she vanished—were indicted for perjury. It was believed that two of these students, David Rucker Leifson and Timmy Brent Olsen, were responsible for raping and murdering Kiplyn and that the others conspired to manufacture an alibi for them.

The five men all claimed they had been hanging lights in the school auditorium at the time Kiplyn disappeared. However, this story was discounted by a community choir, who were performing in the auditorium that day and did not see any of the men there. Olsen was eventually charged with first-degree murder, but in 2011, he decided to plead guilty to first-degree manslaughter in exchange for a reduced sentence. He claimed to have witnessed another man hit Kiplyn with a rock before helping him dispose of her body. However, Olsen has refused to name his accomplice or the location of Kiplyn’s body, so she is still officially a missing person.

http://listverse.com/2013/07/11/10-cases-of-students-vanishing-from-their-schools/

Glad to see the search is still on, I have hope she will be found!

This case is being featured on Nightmare Next Door on ID Network right now.

Utah prosecutors: State’s grand jury law needs re-write
Courts » They say it gives no clear standards on when a grand jury is appropriate.
By Janelle Stecklein | The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Jan 20 2014 01:01 am • Last Updated Jan 23 2014 10:19 am

Snipped
nF8XAgY.gif
:

But a request to convene a state grand jury into the disappearance of then 15-year-old Kiplyn Davis, who vanished May 2, 1995, after leaving Spanish Fork for lunch, was denied. Federal prosecutors later agreed to convene a federal grand jury, which resulted in five men being charged and convicted of perjury for lying to investigators.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57390648-78/grand-jury-prosecutors-state.html.csp

Unfortunately, these creeps will never reveal where she is. That bond was made 20 years ago, and they are sticking to it. I had hoped after all this time, one of them would grow a conscience, but...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...plyn-Davis-still-hope-to-find-her.html?pg=all

In time, a grand jury began investigating, and several classmates were prosecuted for lying. Timmy Brent Olsen took a plea deal to manslaughter in 2011, but is now in the process of trying to withdraw his guilty plea.

“All he has to do is show me where Kiplyn’s body is and we will go to the Board of Pardons, and I will be his biggest advocate, and I’ll say, ‘It’s time to let this young man out,’” Richard Davis said.

But the grieving father said Olsen, who has to finish serving federal time for perjury before he can begin his sentence in Utah for manslaughter, still won't talk.

“You sort of look up in the heavens and go, ‘You’ve got to help me out here, Kiplyn. Give me a hint. Give me a hint where I can go,’” Richard Davis said.

This family is amazing and strong. They left their porch light on even though they knew she likely would not come home. They are inspirational to our community.

A day for Kiplyn: City, family remember girl who disappeared in 1995

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...ly-remember-girl-who-disappeared-in-1995.html

It's been 23 years since Kiplyn Davis, the third of his four children, disappeared in one of the nation’s most famous cold cases. He and his wife, Tamara, turned on their porch light all those years ago, and it has been shining day and night since then, waiting for her to come home, one way or another. Though there is a tombstone with her name on it and three men have been sent to jail, those men remain the only people on Earth who really know what happened to Kiplyn; her body has never been found. At this point, that is all the Davises hope for.

She would be nearing her 39th birthday. On Thursday — the anniversary of the day Kiplyn disappeared — there will be a candlelight vigil in the Spanish Fork Cemetery from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. to honor her memory and to bring awareness to all missing children. There will be a photo display of the 21 Utah children — 10 from Utah County — who have gone missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back