UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

Just saw this as well.

First, Lisa Darden is not a suspect in her partner's death. It's very confusing, and there is a lot of innuendo, mainly because Darden had become a beneficiary of her partner's insurance shortly before she died.

It seems to be just from a detectives note, that in his own opinion, it wasn't an accidental overdose. Lisa Darden's partner had an oxycodone prescrption, was "reportedly" struggling with abusing that medication. There is no clarification about how it is known that the partner had an abuse problem. I'm not saying she didn't, the article just doesn't clarify how it was known that the Lisa Darden't partner was abusing her medication. IMO, "reportedly" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here with zero source identified.

Mom of Kouri Richins, Utah grief author accused of poisoning husband, may have had a role in death, officials say

"A detective with the Summit County Sheriff's Office also said that Kouri Richins' mother, Lisa Darden, is connected to the "suspicious overdose" death of Darden's former partner in 2006...Darden has not been charged with any crime..."

...The search warrant affidavit said that as investigators interviewed people close to the couple [Eric and Kouri Richins], they learned that in April 2006, Darden's partner died unexpectedly.

The partner was a woman "with whom she was having a romantic relationship" and lived with, according to the document.

An autopsy showed that the woman's "immediate cause of death was a drug poisoning from an overdose of oxycodone," the document said.

Further investigation showed that Darden had been named as the beneficiary of the woman's estate "a short time before her death," it said.

The detective wrote in the document that the woman did have prescriptions for oxycodone and reportedly struggled with abusing her medication.

"She, however, was not in a state of recovery from addiction at the time of her death," the detective wrote. "Based on my training and experience, this would likely rule out the possibility of an accidental overdose."

Last edited:
Just saw this as well.

First, Lisa Darden is not a suspect in her partner's death. It's very confusing, and there is a lot of innuendo, mainly because Darden had become a beneficiary of her partner's insurance shortly before she died.

It seems to be just from a detectives note, that in his own opinion, it wasn't an accidental overdose. Lisa Darden's partner had an oxycodone prescrption, was "reportedly" struggling with abusing that medication. There is no clarification about how it is known that the partner had an abuse problem. I'm not saying she didn't, the article just doesn't clarify how it was known that the Lisa Darden't partner was abusing her medication. IMO, "reportedly" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here with zero source identified.

Mom of Kouri Richins, Utah grief author accused of poisoning husband, may have had a role in death, officials say

"A detective with the Summit County Sheriff's Office also said that Kouri Richins' mother, Lisa Darden, is connected to the "suspicious overdose" death of Darden's former partner in 2006...Darden has not been charged with any crime..."

...The search warrant affidavit said that as investigators interviewed people close to the couple [Eric and Kouri Richins], they learned that in April 2006, Darden's partner died unexpectedly.

The partner was a woman "with whom she was having a romantic relationship" and lived with, according to the document.

An autopsy showed that the woman's "immediate cause of death was a drug poisoning from an overdose of oxycodone," the document said.

Further investigation showed that Darden had been named as the beneficiary of the woman's estate "a short time before her death," it said.

The detective wrote in the document that the woman did have prescriptions for oxycodone and reportedly struggled with abusing her medication.

"She, however, was not in a state of recovery from addiction at the time of her death," the detective wrote. "Based on my training and experience, this would likely rule out the possibility of an accidental overdose."
It’s in the news because a search warrant for LD’s phone was just recently unsealed. Here it is along with the probable cause affidavit from LE to obtain the search warrant. It’s from May 2023 and you can’t blame LE for checking out what seemed to be some uncanny “coincidences”. JMO

It’s in the news because a search warrant for LD’s phone was just recently unsealed. Here it is along with the probable cause affidavit from LE to obtain the search warrant. It’s from May 2023 and you can’t blame LE for checking out what seemed to be some uncanny “coincidences”. JMO

Also, I think the search of her phone was more about whether she might have given her daughter some ideas, rather than trying to pin the death of her partner on her. JMO
AAE3D05A-64C2-49A2-8D59-ACD9162B3193.jpeg

Just saw this as well.

I take this to mean the oxycodone was not being abused by the deceased, although the LE phrasing was odd. And I’ll bet we only have LD’s word that she was abusing the prescription. So, is the implication that LD administered an overdose?

Investigators discovered Darden had been living with a female romantic partner who died suddenly in 2006. An autopsy determined the woman died of an overdose of oxycodone, the affidavit said. The woman struggled with drug abuse, but at the time of her death she wasn't in recovery, which the investigator said would "likely rule out the possibility of an accidental overdose." Darden had become the recipient of the partner's estate shortly before her death, the affidavit said.

Eric and Kouri Richins

The affidavit also said conversations "have been found on Kouri's phone showing disdain for Eric on Lisa's part."

"Based on Lisa Darden's proximity to her partner's suspicious overdose death, and her relationship with Kouri, it is possible she was involved in planning and orchestrating Eric's death," the affidavit states.

The woman struggled with drug abuse, but at the time of her death she wasn't in recovery, which the investigator said would "likely rule out the possibility of an accidental overdose."
I'm sorry but this makes zero sense.

It doesn't matter if you're "in recovery" or actively on a drug binge. An "accidental overdose" is still that. And personally I don't like calling them "accidents" when it comes to abusing drugs. MOO.

I'm sorry but this makes zero sense.

It doesn't matter if you're "in recovery" or actively on a drug binge. An "accidental overdose" is still that. And personally I don't like calling them "accidents" when it comes to abusing drugs. MOO.
And it should be investigated. Drugs came from somewhere.

Whoa. Walk the dog. That could be a way -- like I'm going out for a pack of cigarettes when that's not what you're going out for. Walk the dog, come home with something.

But honestly, if that person was addicted, in a cycle of recovering and relapsing, the drugs still came from somewhere, and whoever provided them or administered them (in the instance of potential foul play) should be held liable for murder or at least investigated as such.

I don't like coincidences.

JMO

And it should be investigated. Drugs came from somewhere.

Whoa. Walk the dog. That could be a way -- like I'm going out for a pack of cigarettes when that's not what you're going out for. Walk the dog, come home with something.

But honestly, if that person was addicted, in a cycle of recovering and relapsing, the drugs still came from somewhere, and whoever provided them or administered them (in the instance of potential foul play) should be held liable for murder or at least investigated as such.

I don't like coincidences.

JMO
From the search warrant, the drugs were from a current prescription for the victim.

IMO, the statement that the victim was known to abuse her meds may also mean she did not take them as prescribed. In other words, did she consistently run out of meds a few days or a week early?

Did the victim have a chronic condition that may have contributed to her death? We don't have any of this information.

All we know is she was not in a state of recovery from addiction at the time of her death.

More importantly, there's no evidence provided that the 2006 death was the result of 5x the lethal dosage-- and most likely why the incident did not result in probable cause and/or criminal charges.

Suspicious? Yes.

Criminal? Not beyond a reasonable doubt.

JMO

I think it is completely likely that foul play was involved. Doesn’t surprise me in the least that this came up. IMO, not a coincidence at all. And I feel sorry for the woman who potentially lost her life and no one was convicted of taking it from her (if that’s what happened). Kouri and her mom are two very vicious, narcissistic people, who are in an extremely codependent relationship and only care about themselves. MOO.

I think it is completely likely that foul play was involved. Doesn’t surprise me in the least that this came up. IMO, not a coincidence at all. And I feel sorry for the woman who potentially lost her life and no one was convicted of taking it from her (if that’s what happened). Kouri and her mom are two very vicious, narcissistic people, who are in an extremely codependent relationship and only care about themselves. MOO.
At least there’s no statute of limitation on murder.
And maybe KR’s momma will now stop doing interviews about how innocent her daughter is.

Kouri Richins faces new attempted homicide, financial charges

Wow. Just… wow. Is this the first news of an alleged paramour for Kouri? Maybe I missed it earlier. See below quote from article.

Now, prosecutors say Kouri had an affair.

They wrote the paramour texted Kouri a photo the night of Eric’s death. It showed two people kissing and was captioned “love you.”

Kouri allegedly responded “... love you [kiss emoji].”

Wow. Just… wow. Is this the first news of an alleged paramour for Kouri? Maybe I missed it earlier. See below quote from article.
I'm not sure if it ever came out explicitly or if it was just rumors. She's 100% screwed and all of the people who sang her praises in that 48 Hours episode look like idiots. 48 Hours looks bad for broadcasting their BS too.

All her financial desperation has me asking who is paying Skye Lazaro??
While the judge froze her accounts, he's allowing her access to the funds in order to pay her attorneys.

It is likely Kouri will be allowed to transfer assets to pay her lawyers though.
Mrazik said he wants to be careful to preserve Kouri’s ability to fund her defense, otherwise her Sixth Amendment rights might be violated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back