UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

Wow. Just… wow. Is this the first news of an alleged paramour for Kouri? Maybe I missed it earlier. See below quote from article.

Well, well……

Well, exactly.

How many story lines can KR’s “novel manuscript”—excuse me, her self-described “fiction novel”—handle.

Murder, attempted murder, suspicious death in immediate family, affair, unpaid loans, kiting checks, dealing drugs, assault charges, book written after/about murder (published, publicized, then pulled from sale), and I’ve probably forgotten some.

Wow is right.

Kouri Richins faces new attempted homicide, financial charges

They said she bought the drugs from a house cleaner she employed. Now, prosecutors also said she asked a house renovator she employed first..

The renovator declined, court documents state. But then Kouri texted the renovator asking for propofol, a medical anesthetic and sedative.

The home renovator said they couldn’t get propofol either. Court documents indicate the individual will be a witness at trial.

They said she bought the drugs from a house cleaner she employed. Now, prosecutors also said she asked a house renovator she employed first..

The renovator declined, court documents state. But then Kouri texted the renovator asking for propofol, a medical anesthetic and sedative.

The home renovator said they couldn’t get propofol either. Court documents indicate the individual will be a witness at trial.
Propofol?! That was the true Michael Jackson drug' wasn’t it? I just scanned the article earlier and missed that important detail….. Thank you!
This case gets crazier by the day.

Wow. Just… wow. Is this the first news of an alleged paramour for Kouri? Maybe I missed it earlier. See below quote from article.
Thank you for sharing this article. I wasn't aware of the lover at all before this article. From this affidavit, it seems like there's now two motives: life insurance money and cheating.

Sorry if my comments have been discussed earlier, but these details were new to me too.

"She initially told investigators she thought a THC gummy Eric took contained the fentanyl that killed him.

But prosecutors said the medical examiner did not find any THC in Eric’s system. The medical examiner did find quetiapine, an antipsychotic also used as a sleep aid, which Kouri was prescribed."

Suggesting that a weed edible, of all things, would be laced with fentanyl is strange IMO. Never heard of fentanyl in gummy form, only pill or powder. When you hear of fentanyl poisonings, also, the laced drugs aren't usually THC (especially in a state where weed is, at least partially, legal), they're usually oxys or meth. IMO she's grasping at straws, trying to see what sticks. Also ironic that she was born on 4/20.

Her prescription in his system makes her look all the more guilty IMO, too. Even if he asked her for one, that's still delivery of a controlled substance.

There are, like, 5-6 witnesses on the drug purchase. There was a chain of dealers. This is (a term I just heard from an Australian surfing commentator) a "dog's breakfast".

And there's evidence on the sandwich purchase by Kouri with 2 calls from Eric to friends about his reaction to one bite, which is most assuredly a "dog's lunch".

Yep, that dog is waggin'.

Who are you asking about? Kouri???
I think they were being sarcastic.
A wonderful woman.. hope to get to read more of her children's books. Was she LDS?
I think so. I looked into this recently to make sure; I don't remember seeing anything that indicated she was extremely devout or rather, heavily involved in church activities (in comparison to Chad Daybell for example). But I would like to know more about this. I didn't find much.

Notably, Eric's online obituary misspelled "Latter" as "Ladder" in Latter-Day-Saints (it has since been corrected). Now this could be a typo on the part of whoever transcribed it for the paper/website.** But assuming it was Kouri who wrote it and that misspelling was on her part, I don't think someone who is staunchly LDS would make a mistake like that. And I tend to think she did write it because it reads so...off.

**The obituary being edited to fix that error could also indicate it was a clerical error, but I also think a mistake like that is something a publisher would want to fix even if the author made it. I'm not LDS but there's no way I would let that slide, lol. You can see the original via Wayback Machine.

I think they were being sarcastic.

I think so. I looked into this recently to make sure; I don't remember seeing anything that indicated she was extremely devout or rather, heavily involved in church activities (in comparison to Chad Daybell for example). But I would like to know more about this. I didn't find much.

Notably, Eric's online obituary misspelled "Latter" as "Ladder" in Latter-Day-Saints (it has since been corrected). Now this could be a typo on the part of whoever transcribed it for the paper/website.** But assuming it was Kouri who wrote it and that misspelling was on her part, I don't think someone who is staunchly LDS would make a mistake like that. And I tend to think she did write it because it reads so...off.

**The obituary being edited to fix that error could also indicate it was a clerical error, but I also think a mistake like that is something a publisher would want to fix even if the author made it. I'm not LDS but there's no way I would let that slide, lol. You can see the original via Wayback Machine.
In her infamous TV interview about her book, she told them she wasn’t really religious. So if she was going to church she was apparently doing it for the sake of appearances.

It blows my mind. She really did ask for “that Michael Jackson stuff “!

It blows my mind. She really did ask for “that Michael Jackson stuff “!

She did ask for propofol, which is next level ridiculous. She is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Maybe she thought she could only get four years, worst case? J/k, I'm sure she never considered that she would get indicted.

Dr. Conrad Murray's trial was hard to watch. Ugh. He was so arrogant. No remorse. I found an update on him:

Prosecutors stated that Murray was committing malpractice and neglect for inadequately monitoring the equipment and devices that administered heavy anesthesia and sedatives to Jackson for insomnia, including propofol.

The doctor was sentenced to four years imprisonment, but only served two. His medical licenses in California, Nevada, and Texas were suspended after his conviction. After his release from prison, Murray returned to Trinidad and Tobago, where he is still able to practice as a physician.

In her infamous TV interview about her book, she told them she wasn’t really religious. So if she was going to church she was apparently doing it for the sake of appearances.
Thank you! I think Mormons call this PIMO (physically in, mentally out) if she was still going to church in any capacity. Or maybe PIMO relates to every religion, IDR.

Propofol?! That was the true Michael Jackson drug' wasn’t it? I just scanned the article earlier and missed that important detail….. Thank you!
This case gets crazier by the day.
Kouri seems specifically to have requested “the Michael Jackson drug”. This signals murderous intent to me, because I can’t think you’d use those words to buy propofol for personal use except for that purpose. “Self-administered Michael Jackson drug” is kinda nonsense. I doubt you could even self-administer it, or unanaesthetize yourself if you had some.

Last edited:

Children's author Kouri Richins hit with new charges alleging earlier attempt to kill her husband​

Tue, March 26, 2024 at 9:43 PM EDT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back