GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Fox13 Now:

"Defense attorneys told FOX 13 they intended to only call three witnesses for their case: Jim Van Zant, Dr. MacNeill’s coworker at the Utah State Developmental Center; Linda Strong, Ada MacNeill’s school teacher; and Brett Besser, an expert witness on the issue of ergonomics."

However, would not say if they plan to call Martin MacNeill.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 1m
Prosecutor huddling with Poirier's attorney. #Utah Co. Attorney willing to grant immunity to get his testimony. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

From Fox13 Now:

"Defense attorneys told FOX 13 they intended to only call three witnesses for their case: Jim Van Zant, Dr. MacNeill’s coworker at the Utah State Developmental Center; Linda Strong, Ada MacNeill’s school teacher; and Brett Besser, an expert witness on the issue of ergonomics."

However, would not say if they plan to call Martin MacNeill.

Will Ada's teacher be the most important one? If she blows a hole in the timeline then the prosecution is in trouble.

Easy... The defense is only calling 3 witnesses per the article I posted.. The prosecution is resting today. I could see it going to the jury late tomorrow.

thanks softail..i just read that link...all those witnesses are "timeline" witnesses and the defense will attempt to show he could not have been there..guess no ME type witness...guess it will be short and sweet. what about rebuttal...will the prosecution have anyone? I am not optimistic at this point about outcome. Also thanks for the HLN tip tonight Giselle...could be very interesting.

Good morning! Thanks for the morning buffet !

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
It looks so yummy but what are those drinks? Looks like Liquour w Java Bean of some kind :drools: :loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

Prosecutor huddling with Poirier's attorney. #Utah Co. Attorney willing to grant immunity to get his testimony. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

Well, Spencer could then ask what he got in turn for his testimony and he'd have to say it was immunity from prosecution. Pros. then has to get him to say he would have had to confess to the crimes in order to testify. Don't know how I feel about this. I'm hoping the judge rules for the pros. and they hold this for if the judge rules against them.

Good morning everyone and thanks for all the snacks!!! here's some :coffeecup: for you all!

I still have a lot of issues with this Ultra Conservative Judge and he will be over ruled at some point. Not allowing the most crucial witness no matter her age to testify not only invalidates her as a person a young child, it's so damaging I dont really have the words. So Again, I need to state that this judge should be kicked off the bench. HE doesn't seem to KNOW the law; unless he can READ IT; he cannot rule on anything off the cuff; and seems to second guess himself. He is not a confident judge and I'd like to know how many murder trials he has sat on.

Any background on dis judge? Links, etc, I'd really appreciate.

We are back! Mr. Poirier is ask to approach with his lawyer. He is taking oath.

Judge is questioning him as to what his testimony would be regarding drug fraud, and other crimes. He says he will plead the 5th.

Still at work, still can't hear anything. Thank you all for the updates!

Doc M looked a bit scared of Inmate P. Can someone give the defense table some tictacs. Just a handful. One at a time please, and spit out the chewing gum!!! Argh!!

I don't think he is going to be allowed to testify. He certainly doesn't seem very bright. Talking about his crimes on monitored jail phones! :doh:

Too bad, as I would have liked the jury to hear what he claims Martin said.

Judge back on bench

he is going to plead the 5th on the 3 pending charges/cases

judge rules

rules for defense

unless state drops immunity

Prosecutor is offering immunity today for his testimony.

Judge rules Jason Poirier will NOT be allowed to testify. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeilltrial

Prosecution now to offer Poirier an immunity deal so he can testify. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeilltrial

If it were full immunity, I would drop him like a hot potato. However, USE immunity is partial and he would still face a good chance of going to trial on his charges.

I can live with that.

state says immunity only applies to what he testifies today

court order is vacated

he is open to cross

court in recess

He will testify

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 38s
Prosecutor Chad Grunander reading the immunity deal into the court. Judge allows him to testify. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle