GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #9

I bet u sleep better at night than I do. :D. I have a mind that never gets tired of playing devils advocate.....

Nothing wrong with that. I do it at work so I have to rest LOL. Even those Clients I trust. I never turn my back.

That it did. Yet I'm not sure she has "peaked" yet. Considering she is free.

I sort of get the sense that she has learned her lesson, inasmuch as it pertains to avoiding legal repercussions for her actions. I believe her when she says that prison doesn't suit her. Now, she can go back to ruining families, narcissisticly stepping on the heads of her own family, etc.

I sort of get the sense that she has learned her lesson, inasmuch as it pertains to avoiding legal repercussions for her actions. I believe her when she says that prison doesn't suit her. Now, she can go back to ruining families, narcissisticly stepping on the heads of her own family, etc.

You may be right. I just don't trust her given the "perfect storm"

I have a question about that letter that Martin wrote to Gypsy's mother.
In it, Martin said something about 2 daughters?? Does Gypsy have a sister or is the "sister",
Gypsy's daughter? Did he know that Gypsy's baby was being raised by her mother?

OMG JVM Our Crack Mayor. He needs to go :blushing: Away. Far away.

I can honestly say if I was ever a Juror. Having to make such a difficult decision I would be on the net after the verdict. Perhaps I would need further affirmation.

As an aside. I remember as an early active crime board member thinking please please pick me when I got a Jury summons. My Husbands Company Partner was a Juror on a molestation case. It killed them. They knew in their hearts it happened. Yet the evidence wasn't there. That was all he ever said and chooses not to speak of it to this day. I can only speak to attending a Child rape/murder trial. Being a person in the Gallery still has a huge effect on you. A long time friend of mine's sister was brutally murdered. She and her Brother who is a Police Officer attended trial. Agreed to a plea. He was only going to get 15 years so they agreed to the 12. My point being Trials are incredibly taxing even on the fringe folk. I admire Jurors who get it right. I do believe in some way it changes them forever. JMO.

In it, Martin said something about 2 daughters?? Does Gypsy have a sister or is the "sister",

Gypsy has a sister. She was on a short clip awhile back and said something to the effect that Gypsy would do anything to get what she wanted and she wouldn't put anything past her.

Oh yes. She is stunning too! Big what I call "Husky Dog" eyes. She was filmed in the original 20/20 video.

Should be in this video, she calls MM and GW together a pack of dogs. Top listed on the page:

http://martinmacneill.info/?page_id=216

ETA: Couldn't locate exact time. All the yellow dots in the time bar are for commercials. You cannot skip through. I have watched 20 minutes of commercials now, be forewarned, just watch, or you may think the McRib is what you really want to eat. :D

Oh yes. She is stunning too! Big what I call "Husky Dog" eyes. She was filmed in the original 20/20 video.

Should be in this video, she calls MM and GW together a pack of dogs. Top listed on the page:

http://martinmacneill.info/?page_id=216

ETA: Couldn't locate exact time. All the yellow dots in the time bar are for commercials. You cannot skip through. I have watched 20 minutes of commercials now, be forewarned, just watch, or you may think the McRib is what you really want to eat. :D

Yes---that's the one I remember!! Her sister, Julie is towards the end.She stated "If she wants something, she'll hurt anyone in her way---she doesn't care." I had forgotten that Gypsy's family had said that Gypsy enjoyed killing animals---YIKES! Her mother also showed a picture of her arm from a time when Gypsy had lunged at her and bit her---huge black and blue mark on her arm and according to her mother you could see every tooth mark.

I have some questions regarding the Zyrtec pad with the dates and times Michele was given meds. Was Post Op day 2 into Post op Day 3 when MM told Alexis to go to bed and he would take care of Michele?

I will have follow up questions, depending on the info. Something is not right. TIA

Something that struck me odd on the Zyrtec pad. If MM told Alexis to go to bed and she did, how did she know what times Michele got the meds?

The handwriting on the Zyrtec pad is consistent, indicating it was one person writing, presumably Alexis. However, the handwriting does not vary. It appears to have been written all at once. Handwriting changes throughout the day along with circadian rhythm and hormone changes throughout the day.

Did Alexis testify that she wrote the times and meds/procedures as she went?
Also, why didn't Michele get her BP med until postoperative day 4?

Convicted killer Martin MacNeill still faces other legal battles

By Jennifer Dobner, For the Deseret News
Salt Lake City, UT

Published: Thursday, Nov. 14 2013 5:25 p.m. MST
Updated: 1 hour ago

PROVO — A former Pleasant Grove doctor convicted of murdering his wife by drugging her and drowning her in a bathtub will appeal the decision handed down by jurors last weekend, his attorney said.

But before that happens, Martin MacNeill has other legal battles to fight. He is scheduled to return to a Provo court on Monday to answer other criminal charges.

Snipped:

Spencer also represents MacNeill in the sex abuse case. Judge Samuel McVey will hear oral arguments on a motion to continue Monday. A two-day jury trial is currently scheduled to begin Dec. 3.

“I just can’t do that trial in December. I’m emotionally and physically exhausted. I need some time to recuperate,” Spencer said Wednesday. “So the judge will hear my motion to continue and we’ll plan from there.”

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...MacNeill-still-faces-other-legal-battles.html

Something that struck me odd on the Zyrtec pad. If MM told Alexis to go to bed and she did, how did she know what times Michele got the meds?

The handwriting on the Zyrtec pad is consistent, indicating it was one person writing, presumably Alexis. However, the handwriting does not vary. It appears to have been written all at once. Handwriting changes throughout the day along with circadian rhythm and hormone changes throughout the day.

Did Alexis testify that she wrote the times and meds/procedures as she went?
Also, why didn't Michele get her BP med until postoperative day 4?

IIRC, Alexis testified that when she got up, she asked MM what time her mother had been given medication so she could record the time and meds on her Zyrtec pad. That would explain why it was all written at one time and the writing is the same.

Convicted killer Martin MacNeill still faces other legal battles

By Jennifer Dobner, For the Deseret News
Salt Lake City, UT

Published: Thursday, Nov. 14 2013 5:25 p.m. MST
Updated: 1 hour ago

PROVO — A former Pleasant Grove doctor convicted of murdering his wife by drugging her and drowning her in a bathtub will appeal the decision handed down by jurors last weekend, his attorney said.

But before that happens, Martin MacNeill has other legal battles to fight. He is scheduled to return to a Provo court on Monday to answer other criminal charges.

Snipped:

Spencer also represents MacNeill in the sex abuse case. Judge Samuel McVey will hear oral arguments on a motion to continue Monday. A two-day jury trial is currently scheduled to begin Dec. 3.

“I just can’t do that trial in December. I’m emotionally and physically exhausted. I need some time to recuperate,” Spencer said Wednesday. “So the judge will hear my motion to continue and we’ll plan from there.”

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...MacNeill-still-faces-other-legal-battles.html

also from the article

During the custody fight, Somers recorded her telephone calls with MacNeill. In one exchange, MacNeill said he would let Somers have the girls if she agreed to sign a notarized statement denying that he had ever touched her inappropriately, court documents state. Somers refused, and in the ensuing argument MacNeill said he “was asleep when I did that,” the charges state.

In a police interview, MacNeill refused to answer questions, but upon hearing the allegations, he uttered: “A person can not be held accountable for their actions while they are asleep,” court papers say.

According to a separate police report, MacNeill told his daughters that “even though his wife is dead, he is still a sexual person and has desires that need to be met."

---So where was Gypsy? Wasn't she meeting marty's needs?
This man never deserves to see the light of day. NEVER

2nd page of the above Deseret News article lays out the entire sex case. Late May 2007. Good question scorekeeper, wasn't GW already living there? This man is so messed up.

Interesting that RS is too tired for a trial in December. Does he have any known severe health issues? Unless he is having heart surgery, they can't do that here. If it were going to be another lengthy murder trial, they could postpone it, but not a short trial. Perhaps he is hoping MM will take whatever deal the prosecutors is talking about if they delay. Truthfully, the delay would be so another conviction will not show up on his sentencing guidelines in January. ;)

also from the article

During the custody fight, Somers recorded her telephone calls with MacNeill. In one exchange, MacNeill said he would let Somers have the girls if she agreed to sign a notarized statement denying that he had ever touched her inappropriately, court documents state. Somers refused, and in the ensuing argument MacNeill said he “was asleep when I did that,” the charges state.

In a police interview, MacNeill refused to answer questions, but upon hearing the allegations, he uttered: “A person can not be held accountable for their actions while they are asleep,” court papers say.

According to a separate police report, MacNeill told his daughters that “even though his wife is dead, he is still a sexual person and has desires that need to be met."

---So where was Gypsy? Wasn't she meeting marty's needs?
This man never deserves to see the light of day. NEVER

BBM :naughty: :what: but not with your daughter, you stupid man!!

What do you mean sleeping? Was he in the same bed as his daughter? Nonsense!! :hand:

I can't remember if I read it or heard it in the videos, but the weighed they evidence. They didn't really care about the inmates, so knocked that off the list. Didn't care he was having an affair. Must have been in the videos.

Have to also keep in mind, the videos and the typed articles are only snipped portions of all that they really did say. I think that is why the videos were included, but they are still snipped.

I think they viewed it in a balanced and logical manner from all that I have read and listened to. They balanced the evidence, their feelings, and their thoughts, along with what the law allows. That is more than most juries seem to do these days. I've seen convictions come back in 15 minutes, probably so they can go home.

ITA with what you have to say. I'd couch the "feelings and thoughts" with the term "common sense," which the law allows for. IMO, common sense ruled the day with this jury, unlike another jury we know all too well.

2nd page of the above Deseret News article lays out the entire sex case. Late May 2007. Good question scorekeeper, wasn't GW already living there? This man is so messed up.

Interesting that RS is too tired for a trial in December. Does he have any known severe health issues? Unless he is having heart surgery, they can't do that here. If it were going to be another lengthy murder trial, they could postpone it, but not a short trial. Perhaps he is hoping MM will take whatever deal the prosecutors is talking about if they delay. Truthfully, the delay would be so another conviction will not show up on his sentencing guidelines in January. ;)

Perhaps Martin needs a "sex" lawyer.

Maybe Nurmi or Wilmott could "defend" him? :floorlaugh:

(I know- different states, but couldn't resist :facepalm: )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back