UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023 #2

Hoosgirl

Reaction score

Ruby Franke arrest: The '8 passengers' creator has been charged with child abuse. Viewers think they saw it coming.​

According to a statement from the Santa Clara-Ivins Public Safety Department that was shared with Insider, a child climbed out of a window at a residence in Ivins, Utah, to get help, which led to the allegations of abuse Franke is being charged with. The residence belonged to Franke's business partner, Jodi Hildebrandt, who was also arrested in the case, local outlet Fox 13 reported.

The child ran to a neighbor's house to get help, Fox 13 reported, and asked for food and water, according to the statement. The neighbors noticed that the kid had duct tape on their ankles and wrists and decided to call the police.

Ruby Franke was once a familiar face on the 8 Passengers channel, which followed the lives of her, her husband Kevin Franke, and their six children: [redacted by me]. But over the past three years, the family has been in a downward spiral.

The channel had about 2.5 million subscribers at its peak but was taken offline earlier this year for unknown reasons. The family has also been surrounded by allegations of wrongdoing for some time, which signaled the beginning of the end of 8 Passengers, with Franke splintering off to a different, controversial channel last year and certain family members disappearing from view altogether.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Did she take the kids out of school or church? Trying to figure out why no one saw the present physical abuse.

These children suffered so much trauma from their Mother who is supposed to be their protection. It’s very sad.

Did she take the kids out of school or church? Trying to figure out why no one saw the present physical abuse.

These children suffered so much trauma from their Mother who is supposed to be their protection. It’s very sad.
I think they were supposedly 'home schooled'. In the video where the 2 middle girls were picked up, one of them told a police officer that she was home schooled.

But I guess we don't know. RF escaped in August so it presumably would have been school break.But with his serious injuries there is no way he would have been 'allowed' to show up to a public school in September.

I think they were supposedly 'home schooled'. In the video where the 2 middle girls were picked up, one of them told a police officer that she was home schooled.

But I guess we don't know. RF escaped in August so it presumably would have been school break.But with his serious injuries there is no way he would have been 'allowed' to show up to a public school in September.

Right and why weren’t the church elders asking about the children? The LDS community is very hands on with what is going on in your family. If they were in church and their physical abuse was overlooked that is another level of neglect.

IIRC: Reading at some point RF began homeschooling R & E.
IMO: Utah is a state with honey-pot homeschooling laws for abusing children.

Utah. Homeschools in Utah must provide a one-time notification to the local school district. The state has no required qualifications for parents who teach, no mandatory subjects, and no required assessments. Students in homeschools are eligible for dual enrollment in charter and public schools.

Homeschooling Laws in Every State - HeyTutor​

HeyTutor
https://heytutor.com › resources › blog › homeschoolin...

Vermont, my state's HS laws vs Utahs.

Vermont​

Vermont homeschooling requirements are rigorous, and the state requires submission of a course of study that outlines instruction topics and plans. Students must undergo year-end assessments that include meeting with a certified teacher to review their achievements, and parents must submit samples of classwork.

In this KUTV news video LE says that RF & EF were down in Ivins since May (@11:45 in the video). I missed that if it's been mentioned before.

In the video there are interviews with the EMT first responders who dealt with both kids on the scene, as well as the police interviewer (of Kevin). She gave the reasons why Kevin and Pam were dismissed as suspects in the case.

KUTV - Police speak to two people initially seen as suspects

Ruby Franke’s Husband Reveals Alleged Rules He Had to Follow at Home

Thu, March 28, 2024 at 2:20 PM

"There were all these rules now placed on me, like I can leave when I want but I couldn't come back until Ruby gave me permission," Kevin explained to authorities. "I couldn't come into the kitchen to eat until Ruby gave me permission and the upstairs where Jodi was was completely offline. I couldn't go upstairs anymore in my own house. And Ruby would dictate all of the terms of how our interactions would be, when we would talk. And that was hard."

He continued, "And it was during that time that I really became, I would say, dependent upon Ruby. Like if she said a kind word to me like my whole day was made."

Ruby Franke’s Husband Reveals Alleged Rules He Had to Follow at Home

Thu, March 28, 2024 at 2:20 PM

"There were all these rules now placed on me, like I can leave when I want but I couldn't come back until Ruby gave me permission," Kevin explained to authorities. "I couldn't come into the kitchen to eat until Ruby gave me permission and the upstairs where Jodi was was completely offline. I couldn't go upstairs anymore in my own house. And Ruby would dictate all of the terms of how our interactions would be, when we would talk. And that was hard."

He continued, "And it was during that time that I really became, I would say, dependent upon Ruby. Like if she said a kind word to me like my whole day was made."
IMO:
What an offensive, pathetic excuse for a man.

Adding insult to injury he told LE that the year he spent away from his kids he was working on himself and his addictions and was doing good.

The only addiction Kevin had was he was whipped and R & J kept feeding it.

I find him as or even more reprehensible and despicable then R & J because according to his 2nd interview with LE he knew that both of them were dangerously out of their minds with their religious beliefs and practices and that didn't stop him from abandoning his children and leaving them in R's care, no questions asked.

Hopefully he never gains custody of any of his minor children.

So sad. I used to work with kids who came from this kind of trauma. One child, his favorite game was to play "hiding", where he made himself as small as possible, and hiding in a dark corner under a table, being as quiet and still as he could. He was pretending to be "invisible".

For some kids, it is a "game". For him, it was trying to survive.

In this KUTV news video LE says that RF & EF were down in Ivins since May (@11:45 in the video). I missed that if it's been mentioned before.

In the video there are interviews with the EMT first responders who dealt with both kids on the scene, as well as the police interviewer (of Kevin). She gave the reasons why Kevin and Pam were dismissed as suspects in the case.

KUTV - Police speak to two people initially seen as suspects
Thanks for the link.
I have been curious about PB.

When told by LE the condition of RF and that JF was being arrested for severe negligence and child abuse Pam showed no reaction at all.

IMO:
Pam wasn't surprised at all and asked no follow-up questions and neither was KF surprised.
Kevin also didn't question LE when first told about R & E, he didn't even ask what hospital, jump up saying he had to get to his kids, and/or what's E's condition, nada, zilch,zero.

On a side note I've been curious if Pam paid S & J for the cleaning and gardening she said they do for her or were the girls slave labor?

Kevin claimed that when Jodi moved in with the couple in 2021 after they had separated but were living under the same roof, strange things—like lights flickering, stuff floating and random loud noises—began to occur, calling his home a "crazy house."

"It was weird, and I hated it," he explained to authorities. "I became the resident exorcist, that was the title I came up with myself—I thought was kind of funny."

When Jodi began going into a "trance," Kevin alleged that he would take care of it by giving her "blessings."

If any of this stuff actually happened then it sounds like Jodi had tapped into something evil or they shared delusions called Folie à deux.
  • Folie à deux (French for "folly of two"), also known as shared psychosis or shared delusional disorder (SDD), is a rare psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief, and sometimes hallucinations, are "transmitted" from one individual to another.

Kevin claimed that when Jodi moved in with the couple in 2021 after they had separated but were living under the same roof, strange things—like lights flickering, stuff floating and random loud noises—began to occur, calling his home a "crazy house."

"It was weird, and I hated it," he explained to authorities. "I became the resident exorcist, that was the title I came up with myself—I thought was kind of funny."

When Jodi began going into a "trance," Kevin alleged that he would take care of it by giving her "blessings."

If any of this stuff actually happened then it sounds like Jodi had tapped into something evil or they shared delusions called Folie à deux.
  • Folie à deux (French for "folly of two"), also known as shared psychosis or shared delusional disorder (SDD), is a rare psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief, and sometimes hallucinations, are "transmitted" from one individual to another.
I’m going to go with Jodi brought the evil in…

It's a good thing RF's defense didn't run with it. lol

Very interesting.

Thanks for the link.
I have been curious about PB.

When told by LE the condition of RF and that JF was being arrested for severe negligence and child abuse Pam showed no reaction at all.

IMO:
Pam wasn't surprised at all and asked no follow-up questions and neither was KF surprised.
Kevin also didn't question LE when first told about R & E, he didn't even ask what hospital, jump up saying he had to get to his kids, and/or what's E's condition, nada, zilch,zero.

On a side note I've been curious if Pam paid S & J for the cleaning and gardening she said they do for her or were the girls slave labor?

I keep coming back to my sense of massive manipulation of each other and others.....

How do they do it... How can they all ( RF, JH, and KF and PB) put up such a smily facade, and physically and mentally ruin people. ??????? Children.

How could they define what they did as dictated by their faith?
WHY didn't people see through them so so much earlier?

Jody had convinced Ruby that the church leaders were straying. I think they had started believing that they were above the church elders. It is possible that they were no longer participating in church; therefore, the church leaders also lost track of the children.

I keep coming back to my sense of massive manipulation of each other and others.....

How do they do it... How can they all ( RF, JH, and KF and PB) put up such a smily facade, and physically and mentally ruin people. ??????? Children.

How could they define what they did as dictated by their faith?
WHY didn't people see through them so so much earlier?
If we started listing the professional terminology used to describe all 4 it would be against the TOS here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back