UT UT - Salt Lake City, WhtMale 25-35, 1717UMUT, in canal, scars, clothes, watch, Mar'82

Probably the same person suggested in previous posts. @MadMcGoo did you follow up with LE, or is Donald already on the ruleouts?
I didn’t submit this one. I convinced myself the age is way too off. And probably the hair color.

It seems doubtful, but I didn't see this man mentioned:

Leon Arthur Moncer

21 years old at time of disappearance.

Date of last contact: 18 Feb 1982

5'6" tall and 145 lbs.

Brown hair, hazel eyes.

From NAMUS: "Leon was last seen on February 18,1982, as he left his home on Indian Run,Ohio. His car was found in a ditch,idling with the lights on. His coat and some change still inside."

It does not mention if he ever had back surgery, or not.

NAMUS page: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

It does not mention if he ever had back surgery, or not.

The UID must have had some visible signs of the surgery (other than the front-entry scar) for the coroner to know the area of the surgery. But we don't know if it was medical hardware or some sign ie: spinal fusion. In at least one other case I've posted on this week, medical stuff hasn't been mentioned at all in Namus but from another site. If you research Leon as much as possible and still think he's a genuine option then go for it!

The UID must have had some visible signs of the surgery (other than the front-entry scar) for the coroner to know the area of the surgery. But we don't know if it was medical hardware or some sign ie: spinal fusion. In at least one other case I've posted on this week, medical stuff hasn't been mentioned at all in Namus but from another site. If you research Leon as much as possible and still think he's a genuine option then go for it!

NAMUS usually seems pretty slack with surgery marks, etc.

I found a different WS thread about Leon Moncer and it’s a little bit of a wild story.

His car was found in a ditch and it had mud all it in like someone had drug it out of it or something.

He was married but had a girlfriend and got in trouble for beating them both (unsure if that was simultaneously).

Allegedly after he disappeared, for two years his wife and daughter swore they were being followed and a could see the shadow of a man in the bushes at their home.

Allegedly, they think that man was him....

NAMUS usually seems pretty slack with surgery marks, etc.

(snipped)

Sometimes I'm surprised it isn't worse than it is. The information in Namus generally depends on the quality of the post-mortem report. Some data entry person copies the information into the appropriate fields. If the information isn't there, it can't be entered--and that's even before the issues of transcription mistakes from bad handwriting, faded old forms, and all that.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Male Salt Lake 1982​

CONTACT: Salt Lake City Police (801) 799-3560. On 3/13/1982 the body of a white male was located. The decedent was a white male between the ages of 25 and 35 years old. He was between 5’02” and 5’05” and likely weighed around 145 pounds. He was wearing blue jeans, long sleeved western type shirt/ black and white, Levi coat with wool lining, long wool socks and jockey shorts. He had back surgery on his 2nd and 3rd lumbar vertebae. He had scars on his left arm and left wrist. He was also wearing a silver seiko watch
  • Body Found: 3/13/1982
  • DOB: 1947-1957
  • Height: 5'2" to 5'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Hair: Dark Brown/Slightly Grey
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Race: White
  • Identifying Features: Surgery on his 2nd and 3rd lumbar vertebae

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online