Identified! UT - Salt Lake Co., WhtFem 200UFUT 'Saltair Sally', 17-23, Oct'00 - Nikole Bakoles

picture.php

Side by side...hope it's okay, future criminologist.

Re UID Does anyone know how reliable the hair analysis is?

thanks. now that I see them side by side, I see that the UID has a sharper, narrower face, and a wider nasal bridge. I don't think it's her.

despite the nasal difference though, I do think Paula Burnette is a possibility. I think she should be submitted.

Perhaps because this girl is estimated to have been the same age I was when she was killed, and of course, being from the Salt Lake area. I don't really know what draws me to her case time and again.

Does anyone have anything new to add? There is a lot of crazy information here with all the Bobloblaw stuff and the hair analysis. Has anyone found any follow up info on either of those subjects?

Lots of good possible leads here. I really hope someone can update on anything new, who has or hasn't been ruled out, etc.
Thanks in advance. And thanks to all those contributing here.

could someone look at this...I have been looking for info on another case and have looked at what seems to be thousands of pic/and stories but this one stuck out to me so I went back and found the unidentified post I had seen days ago...info is very close

unidentified found 10/8/200 death aprox '94-2000 Missing (Lori) missing 6/7/1997
unidentified age 17-20 Lori age 26 (off a bit)
unidentified ht 5' 0 to 5' 3" 80-100lbs Lori 5' 4" 110 lbs
hair long brown Lori long brown
found Utah --- almost str8 shot down interstate Lakewood, NY

unidentified you can see at the site https://identifyus.org/cases/5614

I thought the sketch was close on shape of face

Lori page you can see at this site http://www.nampn.org/cases/bova_lori.html

I am new at this so I may be out of my head wrong...but I had to go back and find that unidentified I had seen a few days ago when I saw Lori's page....(and not just because of the hair because I have seen it numerous times but everything is close)

...thank you fifthessence for telling me how to post this....

kseej2008,

I couldn't get the link to work on the unidentified either let me know if I can help.

could someone look at this...I have been looking for info on another case and have looked at what seems to be thousands of pic/and stories but this one stuck out to me so I went back and found the unidentified post I had seen days ago...info is very close

unidentified found 10/8/200 death aprox '94-2000 Missing (Lori) missing 6/7/1997

unidentified you can see at the site http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTA...edpersons.html

Lori page you can see at this site http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200604855S

I am new at this so I may be out of my head wrong...but I had to go back and find that unidentified I had seen a few days ago when I saw Lori's page....(and not just because of the hair because I have seen it numerous times but everything is close)

Here ya go. The LINK with the 'unidentified' that wasn't working above.
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTAHunidentifiedpersons.html

unidentified you can see at the site http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTA...edpersons.html

Lori page you can see at this site http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200604855S

kseej.... I saw this last night on astro's thread and thought about it all night and today..

I think you made a very good match.. I can see how you see Lori in UID... Are you going to turn it in??? Have you talked to her case worker to ask about the necklace?? I did not see it mentioned in the missing person article..

Best wishes to you ... hope you get a match.. please keep posted on updates ok ?? thank you..

oh I wouldn't know how to call it in....I am brand new at this and this one just jumped out at me when I saw Loris link...took me hours to re find the unidentified link....please someone with more experience feel free to run with this...I would like to know if something comes of it....

Definitely worth checking into. Even as far away as Utah is from Lakewood, NY -- stranger things have happened.

BTW, that page from the Utah Department of Public Safety has information about unidentified Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) victims, some of them quite young. Hard to believe no one can put a name to those young teenagers.... someone must be missing them...

Definitely worth checking into. Even as far away as Utah is from Lakewood, NY -- stranger things have happened.

BTW, that page from the Utah Department of Public Safety has information about unidentified Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) victims, some of them quite young. Hard to believe no one can put a name to those young teenagers.... someone must be missing them...

yes ,,, Look at D. Peterson .. he took mini-vacation when his wife Stacy went missing just 2 days later... hmmmmm

If this is not her then there is someone out there missing that looks like her enough to be her twin.. either way they need to brought home with respect to rest in peace forever.. :angel:

Hi kseej2008-

Here is the decedent's NamUs file.

My main reservation about this possible match is her hair sample shows she had remained in the western side of the US for several years before her death. If this was Lori she would have had to be alive for several years after her missing date to account for the western isotopes in her hair, and I think if you tag a couple of years onto her age, she would be too old for this Doe.

Now all that being said, an email to an investigator linking Lori's MP web page won't hurt, and you can also ask if they have a list of rules outs. I have often wondered if the Doe is Amanda Gallion from Gillette, WY. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gallion_amanda.html

NamUs: https://identifyus.org/cases/5614

I agree...I didn't see the hair sample. If I knew how to delete this I would. :) working on it

I agree...I didn't see the hair sample. If I knew how to delete this I would. :) working on it

You don't have to delete it, the more people look at these pictures and rule people out the more chance there is of matching someone! Good luck!

NamUs UP Case Number: 5614
ME/C Case Number: NCMEC # 1104004
Salt Lake County, Utah
17 to 20 Year Old White Female

Wanted to bring this case back up again, because this is now in Namus and was modified (somehow?) December 2009.

I know one thing that is different is they are now saying death could have been as early as 94 - 2000, originally it said 98. Also, they seem to have narrowed down the age from between 17-20 YOA. The doenetwork and utah websites still say between 17-23.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/200ufut.html
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTAHmissingpersons.html

Also, there is the hair analysis:
THIS IS A SALT LAKE COUNTY SO CASE, ASSISTED BY NCMEC. TIPS/LEADS CAN BE REPORTED TO NCMEC OR THE SALT LAKE COUNTY SO INVESTIGATIONS DIVISION AT 801-743-5900 OR SHERIFFTIPS@SLCO.ORG.

On October 8, 2000, the skeletal remains of an unidentified female were located just off a frontage road adjacent to I-80 and the south shore of the Great Salt Lake. Scientific analysis indicates that the decedent may have died as early as 1994, but as recently as 2000. It also revealed that she likely resided in the intermountain west region, to include the states of Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Washington, Oregon and Idaho. She was between 5'00" and 5'03" in height, and likely weighed between 80 and 100 pounds in life.

Thought I'd put all three links into one place, as I have been looking for ladies missing only since 98, now they're saying maybe 94 (or who knows, can they be a year off earlier?). Also, I noticed that the Namus site does not list hair color. The Utah site says strawberry blonde/light brown hair, and the doe network just says brown. Makes me wonder? The Utah site also says this: The facial features such as eye color, exact shape of the nose, ears and lips are the estimations of the artist to complete the model and they should not be used as a significant marker for identification.
Anyway this opens up a bigger can of worms! Though the narrowing down of the states she previously resided in may help. I dunno, but this just all makes me wonder how darn accurate this stuff is???

I had originally come up with this gal: (Eureka, CA is not far from the Oregon border), but I guess she'd be considered too old. Her d.o.b. is 1969, so if she died in 1998 she'd have been 29, but she sure looks like the doe.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rosser_charlene.html

Attachments

• rosser_charlene.jpg
    rosser_charlene.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 13
  • unidentified_slco.jpg
    unidentified_slco.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 10
I noticed some of the information has been changed or added since it was orginally posted on the Doe website. So, I am going to repost the information. Sorry, some of it is repetitive.
• Estimated age: 17 - 23 years old
• Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0-5'3"; 80-100 lbs.
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Waist-length brown hair. The recovered bones indicated that during the maturation years, the top vertebrae did not fuse correctly which may have caused a slight physical deformity.
• Dentals: Dental records available. There was extensive dental work done on her teeth, but she also had several cavities developing that had not been addressed.
• Clothing: There was little clothing found at the scene, but pieces of an extra large white Hanes t-shirt was found in close proximity of the bones. A necklace/choker with three strands of small blue beads woven into a rope type design, about 1/2 inch in diameter, was also found entangled in the victim's hair. The necklace/choker is pictured below.
• Other: The isotope analysis of the victim's hair showed she moved every two months of her life, they showed she moved around within the Northwest - mainly in the Idaho - Montana - Wyoming area and maybe into Oregon and Washington, for the last two years of her lifetime.
• Nickname: Saltair Sally

www.doenetwork.org/cases/200ufut.html

The Great Saltair has been a small concert venue over the years. I am posting the link which shows where it is located and the site has a google map attached showing approximately where "Saltair Sally" body would of been found. the frontage road is in plain sight of I80 with very little foilage (it is mostly sand and sagebrush).
I found a couple of bands that played there in the 1998-1999 timeframe. Maybe she was there to see one of the bands or was hanging out with them.

Mar 20 1998- Salt Lake City UT: SaltAir Pavilion Everclear

Other Bands: Jimmie's Chicken Shack, Feeder
11/29/1999 - Salt Air Pavilion: Salt Lake City, UT
Set:
Notes: Incubus played with Primus and Buckethead on this tour.

http://www.magnautah.org/the-great-saltair

I am currently working on a blog entry for this Doe, for Can You Identify Me. Does anyone have a list of ruled-outs yet?

Two years is an awful long time to have been moving every two months. That's quite a lifestyle.

Who moves every two months?

Could she have been the girlfriend of someone like a timberworker, maybe?

very fascinating case but I think the description of her itinerate habits is a bit misleading. if my reading of the links is correct, she moved around every 2 months for the last 2 years of her life based upon the hair isotopes. originally they discussed analyzing the teeth so they could determine her whereabouts in the years preceding the last 2 which were verified by the hair isotopes.

there was a certain dichotomy in her dental history in that she had extensive work done yet had some developing cavities. it would appear to me that she was well cared for in youth (being taken to dentists) and when she began moving around she did not have access to dental care.

ETA:

while looking for missing persons, I'm not sure the length of her hair is going to be of any help. I think few if any would have known her moving around so often, so my hunch is that she was a runaway for at least 2 years before she died, which would have been 1995-1996.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back