UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utah is rarely free with their investigative files, even after a trial. But I would give alot to read all the rediculous BS this guy must be feeding the cops.

Utah is rarely free with their investigative files, even after a trial. But I would give alot to read all the rediculous BS this guy must be feeding the cops.

do you suppose he really has a screw loose? has anyone seen any reports with his own parents commenting?

No one goes camping with an infant at midnight in winter in Utah.

Unless there is something that 'needed' to be done.

sadly i agree with you, i just hope to heavens that the kids dont really know what he was doing if he was doing what we think he was doing, it would be good in so far as ratting him out but they wouldnt ever get that out of their heads...sounds like he is going to do himself in without any testimony of the kids..i just hope she is found soon

Neighbor: Husband acted oddly during conversation Wednesday night

Neighbor talks about conversation with Josh Powell

"He'd only had like six hours of sleep in two days, and so he was just kind of in a haze. He just really wasn't himself," Peterson said. "Anytime we mentioned Susan, he didn't, he wouldn't respond. He wouldn't talk about her."

But Peterson said Josh did talk about having to buy new clothes and a new quilt. He said Josh also told him he last saw Susan just after midnight Monday, when he left with his two young boys to go camping.

More:http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844&autostart=y

Josh Powell said in TV interview that he took the boys to "Pony Express Trail". There is a campground called Simpson Springs Campground" that is the only campground on the Pony Express Trail. The Simpson Spring Campground is open year-round.

ETA: If Josh really did take the boys here he probably got rid of evidence and Susan at this point.

Here is some information about the campground.

Additional Information
There is no staff, but the Simpson Springs Campground is open year-round—it is the only campground on the Pony Express Trail. A portion of the Pony Express Historic Trail is paved; however, the greater length of the route is graded or graveled dirt road until pavement is reached again at Ibapah. The desert environment can be harsh. Extreme summer and winter weather is possible, with summer temperatures in excess of 100°F. Dry lightning storms are common during the summer in the western desert. Winter weather is often extremely cold, with snow and ice common. Spring and fall are typically more moderate. Visitors should plan ahead and be prepared. Road conditions vary with the weather, and the road surface may be muddy and unstable in wet weather. Travelers are advised to carry adequate fuel, water, food, two spare tires (if possible), and other supplies for the entire trip. There is no place along the trail where a visitor can have a tire repaired. Visitors are also encouraged to carry at least a Utah State Highway Map. Those planning to camp on BLM-managed lands at undeveloped locations along the trail should have BLM 1:100,000-scale maps showing land ownership.

From the following website: http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/res/Edu..._Travelers/go/scenic_drives/pony_express.html

Josh Powell said in TV interview that he took the boys to "Pony Express Trail". There is a campground called Simpson Springs Campground" that is the only campground on the Pony Express Trail. The Simpson Spring Campground is open year-round.

ETA: If Josh really did take the boys here he probably got rid of evidence and Susan at this point.

Here is some information about the campground.

Additional Information
There is no staff, but the Simpson Springs Campground is open year-round—it is the only campground on the Pony Express Trail. A portion of the Pony Express Historic Trail is paved; however, the greater length of the route is graded or graveled dirt road until pavement is reached again at Ibapah. The desert environment can be harsh. Extreme summer and winter weather is possible, with summer temperatures in excess of 100°F. Dry lightning storms are common during the summer in the western desert. Winter weather is often extremely cold, with snow and ice common. Spring and fall are typically more moderate. Visitors should plan ahead and be prepared. Road conditions vary with the weather, and the road surface may be muddy and unstable in wet weather. Travelers are advised to carry adequate fuel, water, food, two spare tires (if possible), and other supplies for the entire trip. There is no place along the trail where a visitor can have a tire repaired. Visitors are also encouraged to carry at least a Utah State Highway Map. Those planning to camp on BLM-managed lands at undeveloped locations along the trail should have BLM 1:100,000-scale maps showing land ownership.

From the following website: http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/res/Edu..._Travelers/go/scenic_drives/pony_express.html

I found Simpson Springs Campground in Google maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=40.036963,-112.785108&spn=0.015903,0.033088&z=16

Oh dear - looks like here we go again! I swear, if my husband had taken my babies out "camping" in those conditions when they were that little, they'd have been looking for HIS body!

I call BS.

thanx for the link, but they have pulled the interview or what ever it was...what did he say?? wonder if they have arrested him yet...gonna go look...

It sure is gone. The reporter was asking pretty much the same questions we have and the husband, IMO, was making up stuff as he went along.

ETA: the station was supposed to have the second part at 10pm

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350711/Disappearance-called-sususpicious.html

here is the dirt....at the end of this article

"I know she would never leave her kids," Olson said. "If anything, she would have left with the children while Josh was at work. She'd take her kids. I believe that 100 percent. She was really good with her children."

Olson and other neighbors said about a year ago, Susan Powell began talking openly in church about obtaining a divorce. Olson said Susan Powell was very open about her home life and the issues in her marriage.

"She wasn't shy," Olson said. "She talked about divorcing and trying to save money to leave him."

I think Simpson Springs Campground/Pony Express Trail" is in the western desert? I'm not certain about that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500