UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
good heavens! what was THAT?!
Wow... body language shows lies. Pay particular attention to the eyes. When people are lying, they generally avoid eye contact. Frequently, liars will gaze downward and to the right (your left). Because this is a well-known sign, though, someone who's lying may force themselves to make eye contact. However, at the exact point of telling a lie, they will usually dart their eyes away briefly. Also they swallow a lot and have dry mouth. He shows all the signals on that video!! http://connect2utah.com/content/video/?cid=66341

Re: Interview with "Dad"
Between the clueless looks, and long pauses apparently trying to recall the completely inane story he had told police...anyone notice how he quickly explained away why he did not call into work? Saying "I didn't go the Church that day."

Even when I worked a rotating shift, I can honestly say that I have never (in entire life) forgotten that it was a work day. Would be interesting to see if his employer says--oh sure, he does that all the time. And still has a job?

Yet another sad case of a Mother just 'walking away'...from her children, her life, her purse/$, and with no transportation in this case. Uh huh

This is the stupidest, hinkiest story any husband has come up with yet in this kind of case. I mean really? I have taken note that not even anyone in his family has made a comment on this to my knowledge.

I do not think it was planned out as in both Peterson/Petersen cases. The freezing/am/spur of the moment camping trip was simply a dumping trip. As it was been so cold there for awhile, I am hoping the ground was too hard to dig an actual grave. Just have to wait until the ice/snow melts, if not before, with this toolbox.

Thinking of the children who have lost 1, soon to be both parents.

Is it was a spur of the moment thing - there must be some clean up evidence at home, blood clean up etc. Unless he suffocated her in her sleep. Is her coat missing? Surely she would put on her coat and full dress before heading out side?

Unless he is saying she was taken from her sleeping bed while he was out camping. Was there forced entry? Or will he soon admit he left a garage door open or front door by mistake?

hmm - waiting for the next story.

One more thing if I may: one of the first stories I read on this mentioned a GPS in the vehicle.

1) For anyone that has an installed, non-portable GPS in their vehicle. Can it be turned off?

2) If it can be deactivated does it still ping to NorthStar or whoever the provider is?

thanks

Gadzukes the police are really screwing this one up. The husband says he left "after midnight" with a 1 year old and 4 year old? And the tempurature in the teens outside? And he "lost track of time", missed work Monday? Susan's gone and left her phone and purse home? No signs of a struggle in the house? The police now saying husband "is not a suspect or person of interest"? And information received thus far doesn't justify the use of search resources"? WTF? That says to me that the popo have other information not being released to the public or that the sheriff is a moron.

Josh Powell told the Deseret News he returned home Monday night after the trip to Tooele County to find a front window had been broken out. He said his wife wasn't home, but he didn't notice anything odd.

McLachlan confirmed that police broke the window to enter the home, worried the Powells might have been poisoned by carbon monoxide. Officers had responded to the home after family members reported that they could not reach the Powells, and that Josh Powell and Susan Powell had both missed work Monday without calling their employers.

snipped.....
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350919/Snow-hampers-missing-mom-search.html

Josh Powell told the Deseret News he returned home Monday night after the trip to Tooele County to find a front window had been broken out. He said his wife wasn't home, but he didn't notice anything odd.
McLachlan confirmed that police broke the window to enter the home, worried the Powells might have been poisoned by carbon monoxide. Officers had responded to the home after family members reported that they could not reach the Powells, and that Josh Powell and Susan Powell had both missed work Monday without calling their employers.

snipped.....
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350919/Snow-hampers-missing-mom-search.html

as Homer would day "DOH" :doh:

Is it was a spur of the moment thing - there must be some clean up evidence at home, blood clean up etc. Unless he suffocated her in her sleep. Is her coat missing? Surely she would put on her coat and full dress before heading out side?

Unless he is saying she was taken from her sleeping bed while he was out camping. Was there forced entry? Or will he soon admit he left a garage door open or front door by mistake?

hmm - waiting for the next story.

All excellent points---and some I doubt this one/DH considered. It doesn't sound as though exactly tons of evidence was removed. As we haven't heard of any clean-up info: either police are being very tight lipped, or there wasn't any of course. If there were, I would think he would have already been charged with suspiscion of murder at least.

All excellent points---and some I doubt this one/DH considered. It doesn't sound as though exactly tons of evidence was removed. As we haven't heard of any clean-up info: either police are being very tight lipped, or there wasn't any of course. If there were, I would think he would have already been charged with suspiscion of murder at least.

I just read they have 30 detectives on this case - the very best and are using every resource.

I doubt the house was clean. They found something.

SALT LAKE CITY — Police in Utah say about 30 detectives are looking for leads in the search for a 28-year-old mother who hasn't been heard from since last weekend.

"It's still missing person case. It's highly suspicious," West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Friday. "We are putting practically every detective we have on this case."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CH9EHO0

thanks - nana.

When Josh mentioned loading the kids up in the middle of the nite, it made me think of another 'missing woman' case where the guy had his wife wrapped up in the back of the station wagon, kids in tow, drove several hundred miles -- IIRC, he went to visit family & dropped off the kids....I wish I could remember the names but it was many years ago...NEhoo -- it was a case of the kids being in the car w/ their deceased/murdered mom. :(

Is there a *lighted* outdoor sledding area in West Valley City area? Does this guy really believe people will accept that he took his kids sledding in the dark? Unless of course it can be explained by sledding where there's lighting.

(I know nothing of sledding personally - only what I've seen on TV & in movies.)

There are many places to go sledding… basically any place that has a hill.
(Schools, Churches, Parks etc.)
I don’t think lighting would be a problem.
I do think the cold would!
It’s so cold here that my grandkids don’t even want to go outside
and play in the snow in the middle of the day!
My granddaughter told me the other day that she was so cold at school that
she needs to start wearing two pair of pants!
Other years it may be okay to go sledding from 5:30-8:30 but NOT this year!

Maybe there was nothing to clean up. What if she was drugged....which left her incapacitated and easy to remove from her house.

The whole camping story stinks and seems to be a red herring by the husband. IMO

Agreed. My kids are 5 and 8. Normally they would jump at the chance to go anywhere really - and they have no interest, not even to the Redbox at the gas station to get a movie!

Maybe there was nothing to clean up. What if she was drugged....which left her incapacitated and easy to remove from her house.

The whole camping story stinks and seems to be a red herring by the husband. IMO

The camping story is so doubtful. Maybe after he did God knows what to his wife he rented a motel room somewhere for he and the kids. Would he be smart enough to not use a credit card and pay cash? I assume LE would know that by now if he did something as silly as that.

Did not hear Josh mention sledding, but did hear several times about "making s'mores, and stuff". Smores? at 1am, freezing temps, with 2 almost babies, and in what is considered almost a wilderness area? Am betting they had fireplace in home that could have served, or microwave, or firepit in backyard. He loves 'dem smores, huh?

Gadzukes the police are really screwing this one up. The husband says he left "after midnight" with a 1 year old and 4 year old? And the tempurature in the teens outside? And he "lost track of time", missed work Monday? Susan's gone and left her phone and purse home? No signs of a struggle in the house? The police now saying husband "is not a suspect or person of interest"? And information received thus far doesn't justify the use of search resources"? WTF? That says to me that the popo have other information not being released to the public or that the sheriff is a moron.

I don't think LE is screwing up at all. They are lulling the husband into a false sense of security. We have seen this done many, many times. It's obvious to us the husband did something, so I have no doubt LE are all over this. They just have to get him to mess up, etc., so they can find Susan.

I have heard that Utah law enforcement really keeps things quiet in cases like this. To not jeopardize the case. I have heard they are very good at what they do.. Especially after the Elizabeth Smart case. It was obvious that the detective on the Morning show when he said "this is a mystery" that he was told to say that - so they don't tget the husband to do anything stupid. They are just waiting for forensics and cell phone records and pings along with vehilcle gps and ture track forensics to come back - then they will arrest him. I would bet a million dollars that he will be taken into custody within the next 48 hours.

I don't think LE is screwing up at all. They are lulling the husband into a false sense of security. We have seen this done many, many times. It's obvious to us the husband did something, so I have no doubt LE are all over this. They just have to get him to mess up, etc., so they can find Susan.

Oh yeah, I agree. Along with searching surveillance videos from gas stations or all night stores, checking motels, and info from cell phone carrier with the pings from his cell phone.

I have heard that Utah law enforcement really keeps things quiet in cases like this. To not jeopardize the case. I have heard they are very good at what they do.. Especially after the Elizabeth Smart case. It was obvious that the detective on the Morning show when he said "this is a mystery" that he was told to say that - so they don't tget the husband to do anything stupid. They are just waiting for forensics and cell phone records and pings along with vehilcle gps and ture track forensics to come back - then they will arrest him. I would bet a million dollars that he will be taken into custody within the next 48 hours.

Could not agree more. If they can't catch this guy, then we should ALL be looking over our shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname