UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid we are surrounded by psycopaths everyday.
There are more men than women IMO.
They all follow the same patterns........
and come from all walks of life, any religion, some worse than others.
The people who can get them out of their lives are the lucky ones.
These people can be your boss, your neighbor, your husband, your best friends
husband...........the best advise is run from them.
The pschopath will make your life miserable.
they love to 'gaslight' an make you seem dumb or crazy...........RUN is the best advise.

Where is this beautiful woman... mother to two boys who must miss her so badly. Like Lacy, Michelle and so many before and since, she has such a beaming smile and radiant personality... makes you wonder how jealous the husbands were of the attention given their wives. I knew such a man abusive in his marriage--would you believe me if I told you this man was even jealous of his wife's relationship w the Lord? Sick but true... many of these men like the one I mentioned are narcissists--admiration addicts. A wife who reflects well upon him is his "crowning glory" at first. But in the end even his wife is viewed as a threat... as competition for the attention supply he craves. And God forbid one day, in his eyes, she should ever "outshine" him...

:parrot:

Do we know how many brothers and sisters JP has?
Is he the ONLY son?
The Golden boy?
youngest? oldest?

nothing at all to do with religion... it just happens to be there. We already know Josh wasn't practicing.... and perhaps that is more telling in and of itself. When did he stop going regularly? Or did he EVER go regularly? I bet he was hit and miss the entire time and this would fit with the personality we are trying to match him to. He went whenever and when it might make him look good. For those of you who are reading and went to church with Josh.. what were the patterns? When did you see him there?

and Buddhists, and Catholics, and Jews and….
My point is I don’t think this has anything to do with the LDS religion.

Sometimes the religion does have some things interesting in a case.
I think this is one (like the Amish), so we can better understand the
customs of the way the family functions. IMO

Okay all Utah locals, I know you're gonna know what I mean when I say "The menu" lol.

and Buddhists, and Catholics, and Jews and….
My point is I don’t think this has anything to do with the LDS religion.
No, but it does have to do with the culture of the religion just the same as child abuse has been found in the Catholic context, religious abuse in Muslim context, etc. etc. It's part of the psychology of religion. It's also called oppression and we need to move away from it, but ignoring it or saying this kind of abuse doesn't have anything to do with the perpetrator and victim's particular religion and way of life is wrong and dangerous...

Sometimes the religion does have some things interesting in a case.
I think this is one (like the Amish), so we can better understand the
customs of the way the family functions. IMO

But just because the religion may have customs does not
mean all members follow them.
In this case and what has come out IMO Josh was far from
following what the LDS church believes in regards
to being a good husband/ father. That is why I don't see that
it matters.
IMO

when I google, the top story in this case should NOT BE about her son corroborating a camping story. he was allegedly taken from his home in the middle of the night when he should have been asleep.

Rather the media should focus on the fact that FORENSIC TRUCKS ARE BACK AT THEIR HOUSE AND HAVE TAKEN ITEMS OF INTEREST.

We ALL know where this case is going thanks to the idiot of all time: Josh Powell. Did I say it? YES. I. DID.

But just because the religion may have customs does not
mean all members follow them.
In this case and what has come out IMO Josh was far from
following what the LDS church believes in regards
to being a good husband/ father. That is why I don't see that
it matters.
IMO

I see so far that LDS is a strong faithful relgion.
I see JP wasn't a good follower, right?
I am wondering like most of us,
we were brought up by relgious beliefs and morals.
I think his religious upbringing my be the key to his confession.
I' m not downig any religion.
Just trying to see where he will go like Mark Hacking confessed to a brother.

No, but it does have to do with the culture of the religion just the same as child abuse has been found in the Catholic context, religious abuse in Muslim context, etc. etc. It's part of the psychology of religion. It's also called oppression and we need to move away from it, but ignoring it or saying this kind of abuse doesn't have anything to do with the perpetrator and victim's particular religion and way of life is wrong and dangerous...

I agree with you omegagal.

I lived in Idaho for 20 years in a mormon community and I think there will be some evidence of this crime come out because of certain things having to do with the mormon church. Think about how many times the church has already come into this story from the press. Alot of people in the church knew what was going on between Susan and Josh, a lot of stories to be told.

when I google, the top story in this case should NOT BE about her son corroborating a camping story. he was allegedly taken from his home in the middle of the night when he should have been asleep.

Rather the media should focus on the fact that FORENSIC TRUCKS ARE BACK AT THEIR HOUSE AND HAVE TAKEN ITEMS OF INTEREST.

We ALL know where this case is going thanks to the idiot of all time: Josh Powell. Did I say it? YES. I. DID.
I think we can expect a media campaign by Mr. Scott Williams Esq. at this time in the game. Sorry, but I think we made up our minds way before you started with your own abuse and manipulation Mr. Williams....

As I mentioned on the last thread, I used to live in Utah. (Cedar City, St.George, Hurricane). I finished my last year of high school there, met my ex-husband there, my daughter was born there, I am still close with my former in-laws and friends that still live there.

I just want to say, I have great respect over-all for the members of the L.D.S. church, and one would be hard-pressed to find greater family values than those in the Morman religion.

nothing at all to do with religion... it just happens to be there. We already know Josh wasn't practicing.... and perhaps that is more telling in and of itself. When did he stop going regularly? Or did he EVER go regularly? I bet he was hit and miss the entire time and this would fit with the personality we are trying to match him to. He went whenever and when it might make him look good. For those of you who are reading and went to church with Josh.. what were the patterns? When did you see him there?

Sadly I think we have seen that churches--no particular one has a monopoly, using the term collectively here--can easily provide the ideal cover for narcissists or other abusive types seeking to prey upon women.

"Posers" I like to call them, who masquerade and assimilate into the culture in order to exploit and manipulate women. Once married, they know they can distort the church teachings and doctrine of authority and submission to their own abusive ends, while knowing if ever confronted they can rely upon church leadership itself to reinforce the husband's position by urging wives to believe for change, and remain in their abusive marriages. For it's own part, some churches make the grave error of mistakenly treating abuse in marriage as normal "marital discord," thus ensnaring women and perpetuating the cycle... probably don't wanna get me started on this tonight... JMO

:parrot:

Ok I just have to say this. When I read the neighbor guys name that knew all about Susans and Josh's problems I cringed.....it was Peterson. LOL

I agree with you omegagal.

I lived in Idaho for 20 years in a mormon community and I think there will be some evidence of this crime come out because of certain things having to do with the mormon church. Think about how many times the church has already come into this story from the press. Alot of people in the church knew what was going on between Susan and Josh, a lot of stories to be told.
Dr Fessel - I am a convert to the church and because of that I probably have even a stronger testimony of the truths within the church. I also see the error that occurs (not within the top level leadership or within the policies) but on the individual level. I am sure the church is aware of it. They must get so many letters every year from people with broken hearts about things that have happened in their church lives.... *advertiser censored* is one of the biggest threats that the church is dealing with right now. Abuse probably closely follows that. There is evil every where. We should not close our eyes to the fact that evil always appears at first to be good. We need to recognize the evil (and not hide our heads under the sand) and confront it directly. The church is good. Very good. But we need to improve the safety of women and children and set up a way to systematically get rid of the bad, permanently. Not allow them to be forgiven over and over without any change of heart or behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500