UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So susan is 5'4 and 130 lbs. I would imagine if she had passed on Josh would have a heck of a time moving her body as 130 lbs probally feels twice as heavy due to "dead weight"as some people put it. How big is Josh ?

Again, from Thread 4: "maybe they took her somewhere to get "deprogrammed" because they felt she was being overly LDS....LOL
Josh's dad supposedly kept sending "anti-LDS" literature....."
MyTinkieGirl

Ya'll *do* know that this happens a lot, right ?

Personally, I don't think this is what happened, but just sayin'.....

That's it... the wet spot was a pool of sweat... where Susan was forced to stand all night, sleep deprived while undergoing "exit counseling" and reverse hypnosis lol...

J/k... this clip is hilarious tho... maybe I'm a tad sleep deprived myself lol :crazy: Happy New Year everyone... praying for Susan to be found, for happier endings in 2010, that many missing are brought home, many victims given justice.
:prayer:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/20201/welcome-back-kotter-the-deprogramming-of-arnold-horshack?c=836:1392

:parrot:

So susan is 5'4 and 130 lbs. I would imagine if she had passed on Josh would have a heck of a time moving her body as 130 lbs probally feels twice as heavy due to "dead weight"as some people put it. How big is Josh ?

I'm not sure how big Josh is, but he looks skinny. 160ish, maybe?

Tulip, welcome to WS. ITA. I think if Susan is dumped anywhere rural, it would have to be near a maintained road.

Welcome Tulip3

What is really disturbing is the way the children have been isolated from everyone they know except JP. If there is any deprogramming going on, it would be to the 4 yr old's memory of what happened the night Susan vanished. jmo

how big is josh? not very. susan was only 5'4" and he doesn't look all that much taller than her in pics. in every interview or newsclip the other men seem much taller than he. not exactly buff either.

Welcome Tulip3

What is really disturbing is the way the children have been isolated from everyone they know except JP. If there is any deprogramming going on, it would be to the 4 yr old's memory of what happened the night Susan vanished. jmo

I agree. I bet JP is brainwashing his son big time. JMO

They say that the camera adds weight. Even if that is true, JP still looks a bit scawny.

Hi everyone
This is my first post on this forum - well, any forum for that matter, so I'm a little nervous about not doing it right...please let me know if I'm out of line at any time.

First I want to thank you all for your insightful posts and hats off to all your amazing sleuthing!!!

I've read most of the posts but have been finding it hard to keep up, so might have missed a thing or two you might have mentioned already.

Assuming that Susan has come to harm, there will have been no way for her body to have been buried as surely the ground is too frozen to dig a whole - even a shallow grave (unless you have some sort of powerful machinery). So, the murderer will have had to rely on the snow covering her body. Is it a strike of luck that there was such a major snowstorm that night?

Also, if she is buried under the snow, her body should be well conserved for someone to find in the Spring. So, it would only buy the murderer a little time....

SuziQ - do I understand correctly that you are from the area? You say you doubt JP would have made the journey to where he said he had gone with the weather being as treacherous as it was. But maybe he did just what you did and stayed on the main road and disposed of the body near the road. He might have intended going to the location he said but might not have made it that far. The children would not have been any the wiser as to where they were - campsite or just off the main road.

Thank you for having me in your forum!!! :)

TulipTiles.gif

This is for you tulip! Agree w bolded... this would've made JP's task admittedly tougher--but not impossible. :no: His basic familiarity w landscaping--and possible access to portable, handheld power machinery eg--could have come in handy... :rolleyes: Josh having along his handy-dandy trusty portable generator has always troubled me...

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :)

The generator does trouble me too!!! Is there any reference anywhere for what he had bought the generator for? How new is it (seeing he said he wanted to try it out)?

Hi everyone
This is my first post on this forum - well, any forum for that matter, so I'm a little nervous about not doing it right...please let me know if I'm out of line at any time.

First I want to thank you all for your insightful posts and hats off to all your amazing sleuthing!!!

I've read most of the posts but have been finding it hard to keep up, so might have missed a thing or two you might have mentioned already.

Assuming that Susan has come to harm, there will have been no way for her body to have been buried as surely the ground is too frozen to dig a whole - even a shallow grave (unless you have some sort of powerful machinery). So, the murderer will have had to rely on the snow covering her body. Is it a strike of luck that there was such a major snowstorm that night?

Also, if she is buried under the snow, her body should be well conserved for someone to find in the Spring. So, it would only buy the murderer a little time....

SuziQ - do I understand correctly that you are from the area? You say you doubt JP would have made the journey to where he said he had gone with the weather being as treacherous as it was. But maybe he did just what you did and stayed on the main road and disposed of the body near the road. He might have intended going to the location he said but might not have made it that far. The children would not have been any the wiser as to where they were - campsite or just off the main road.

Thank you for having me in your forum!!! :)

Hi Tulip! Welcome to Websleuths.
You know, this guy had evidence of frostbite on his hands. My guess is that he dumped Susan's body somewhere off the side of the road and buried her with snow, either using a shovel (no gloves), or using his hands, while his kids slept in the car. What I hear is there is a lot of road out there so it may be very hard to pin him down. I have not been on this thread for days so I don't know whether you all have come up with more to pin point the location. Any updates?

I saw a reference to inappropriate behavior at an LDS event. What was that about? Also, are the kids still with Josh and his dad? Any more comments from Susan's family? Any contact or attempt at contact by Susan's family with her boys? Thanks!!!!!!

Tulip like you I read only that he took generator along on "camping trip" to "try it out." :waitasec:

And yes gitana afaik their two boys are still here in WA w JP and SP. :furious:

From AP (deseret news, lexisnexis et al) here is one reference to the generator:

Peterson said he saw Josh Powell two days after he returned from the camping trip and that he had "wind-burnt hands." "He told me he was testing a generator," Peterson said. "I just thought this was really strange." Hellewell concurred saying that it "just didn't make sense."

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but WS was on my latest GOOGLE alert for Susan.

But Peterson said Josh did talk about having to buy new clothes and a new quilt. He said Josh also told him he last saw Susan just after midnight Monday, when he left with his two young boys to go camping.

Peterson said Josh told him they went camping to test a new generator and make s'mores.

"I said, ‘That's kind of odd, isn't it?' And he says, ‘We do things like that all the time.' He says, ‘I just get them up, they use the bathroom, and load them in the vehicle, and we go,'" Peterson said.

Kiirsi also speaks to reporter (at first vigil) in video at this link. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844&autostart=y

What did it say Passion?

Google AlertsGoogle Alert - Susan Powell‎ - Google Blogs Alert for: Susan Powell UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread #5 … 5:12 pm

Google Blogs Alert for: Susan Powell
UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread #5 - Websleuths ...
By Salem
UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread #5 Missing/Located Forum Discussion.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/home.php?q=http://www.evilaliv3.org/
What our media talks about (in helpful chart form) - Allison ...
By Allison Kilkenny
I had never heard about the missing Utah woman (Susan Powell, one of the “missing persons” in the Cable TV chart below,) or the Goldman custody case, issues not really covered at length in print news. Cable TV : Picture 4 ...

Both the generator and the condition of Josh's hands bother me.

One minute I'm thinking he didn't have help and just dropped Susan off a cliff or in an old well, or close to home just off the road...but how did his hands get like that?

Would Josh's father turn him in if Josh happened to confess to him? I imagine the children are really crying for Mommy and they're probably so confused no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500