UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Tulip3

What is really disturbing is the way the children have been isolated from everyone they know except JP. If there is any deprogramming going on, it would be to the 4 yr old's memory of what happened the night Susan vanished. jmo
My thoughts are the 4 year old has to be kept from people so no one asks him about the last time they saw their mommy and what they did when they went camping. He may have the answers LE needs. That is why Josh carries him all over and doesn't let him out of his sight -as in the video I saw of the Vigil in Puyallup WA last Sunday night. Right by his leg and shielding.

My thoughts are the 4 year old has to be kept from people so no one asks him about the last time they saw their mommy and what they did when they went camping. He may have the answers LE needs. That is why Josh carries him all over and doesn't let him out of his sight -as in the video I saw of the Vigil in Puyallup WA last Sunday night. Right by his leg and shielding.

IIRC the 4 year old will turn 5 soon..........isn't his birthday in middle of Jan?

Does anyone know the specifics of the generator that Josh took along on his trip? I found the following link that decscribes some various uses for generators. I found quite interesting the part about them powering "jack hammers".

http://motorcaravanworld.com/2009/12/15/the-many-uses-of-portable-generators/

Yes secret I viewed many sites myself earlier today that made references similar to this--along w various other small, portable (frozen) ground breaking equipment which could have been powered by a generator...

:parrot:

IIRC the 4 year old will turn 5 soon..........isn't his birthday in middle of Jan?

On the Today Show this morning, they showed a picture of Susan with her two sons. The oldest son looks just like Susan. IMO

Kiirsi, her so called best friend for so many years, just seems to love the camera. The only information that she seems to offer is that due to her many conversations with Susan, she feels that Susan is out of state. She will not go in to why she feels that way......only that this is what she believes. The only thing she said negative about Josh is that he is not doing himself any favors.
:(

Strange, as LE is going through the house, you clearly see in the video above at 2:06 a SOLD sign on a piece of furniture in the garage.

I don't believe, nor do I understand Susan's "best" friend...at all:shakehead: Her evasive allegations of Susan possibly being taken out of state are outrageous... She's trying to lead us to believe that Susan may have been taken for deprogramming...ugg

:praying: Where is Susan??

Religion question here....Do Mormons have a "confession" of sorts? Like if Josh confessed to a spiritual advisor does that fall under the religious laws like it does for the Catholic religion? Not that I think religion is all that important to him, but he seems like such a wuss and I can't see him carrying this guilt around. I feel like he would have to tell someone what he did and if he told his father, his father could be called to testifiy. Maybe this is way out in left field, but the religion factor reminds me of Chris Coleman. He could have confessed to his father and his father definetly could say as his spiritual advisor I can't discuss it. Just my thoughts......

Religion question here....Do Mormons have a "confession" of sorts? Like if Josh confessed to a spiritual advisor does that fall under the religious laws like it does for the Catholic religion? Not that I think religion is all that important to him, but he seems like such a wuss and I can't see him carrying this guilt around. I feel like he would have to tell someone what he did and if he told his father, his father could be called to testifiy. Maybe this is way out in left field, but the religion factor reminds me of Chris Coleman. He could have confessed to his father and his father definetly could say as his spiritual advisor I can't discuss it. Just my thoughts......

No, they don't have a confession sort of thing like the Catholic church. However, the church does have elders, stake leaders, ward leaders, etc. who Josh could've gone to, if he was close with them and felt like it. Also, the Mormon church is comprised of a very close knit group. The people within those wards are very very good friends, most times. Therefore, Josh could've "confessed" to anyone within his ward/church/etc. however, Mormons are known to have very good morals/values and I have a hard time believing if he did confess to a ward member/elder/etc. that the person he confessed to wouldn't go immediately to the police.

Susans LDS stake (church) has a prayer sign out front for her, they're holding weekly prayer meetings for Susan (on Wednesday night during prayer ward), etc. The community wants Susan back. If Josh confessed to any of them, they would've gone straight to police, I'm almost certain.

On the Today Show this morning, they showed a picture of Susan with her two sons. The oldest son looks just like Susan. IMO

Kiirsi, her so called best friend for so many years, just seems to love the camera. The only information that she seems to offer is that due to her many conversations with Susan, she feels that Susan is out of state. She will not go in to why she feels that way......only that this is what she believes. The only thing she said negative about Josh is that he is not doing himself any favors.
:(

Her friend is keeping Susan's face out there by doing these interviews and that is a good thing to keep media involved, jmo. Also, when she says she could be outside the state, that keeps surrounding states looking out for her, alive or otherwise. I would be glad to have her as a friend in whatever capacity she could help. The fact that she speaks discreetly about what she and LE know, is in the best interests of finding Susan, so i don't have a problem with that, either. There are no manuals for being a best friend to someone that suddenly goes missing, as far as I know, and she is doing the best she can. Every effort should be appreciated. jmo

One thing that I hope hasn't already been discussed upthread. During the initial interview with the media in front of his house, when JP is asked why he didn't call into work on Monday he says "you know I, I didn't.... uh..... I was somehow thinking it was Sunday....I didn't go to church and I just missed a day." This makes zero sense. I could understand if he said he thought it was Sunday because he WENT to church. Or why didn't he say I didn't call into work because my wife is missing?

Ween, he left for camping with the boys that Sunday night. He would not have known Susan was missing that Monday morning because he and kids were "still camping". I agree tho', it is unbelieveable that he was suppose to report to a fairly new job that Monday morning, and didn't even call in. He was too busy thinking about smores.

He was too busy thinking about smores.

There's a new gadget being advertised on TV lately. It's Micro Smor's, for making smores in the microwave.

Every time I see the commercial I think of this case.

Like, what if JP had one of them? He wouldn't have had to venture out in the frozen wilderness in the wee hours of the night with two sleepy toddlers to camp and "make smores."

Which make me think... if they spent the time inside the van.... when did they make the smores?

:waitasec:

There's a new gadget being advertised on TV lately. It's Micro Smor's, for making smores in the microwave.

Every time I see the commercial I think of this case.

Like, what if JP had one of them? He wouldn't have had to venture out in the frozen wilderness in the wee hours of the night with two sleepy toddlers to camp and "make smores."

Which make me think... if they spent the time inside the van.... when did they make the smores?

:waitasec:

Or why did they even bother to go. Seems a pointless trip to me. <insert cross-eyed smilie here>

Strangest crimes in 2009 - Anthony's, B. Ward, and this one. Sorry, OT.

One thing that I hope hasn't already been discussed upthread. During the initial interview with the media in front of his house, when JP is asked why he didn't call into work on Monday he says "you know I, I didn't.... uh..... I was somehow thinking it was Sunday....I didn't go to church and I just missed a day." This makes zero sense. I could understand if he said he thought it was Sunday because he WENT to church. Or why didn't he say I didn't call into work because my wife is missing?

Also, I find it hard to believe that both JP and Susan would have lost track of days. She must have said something about it being a Sunday night and work the next day.....she surely wouldn't have let them go on a night before work/daycare (never mind the weather conditions!) :waitasec:

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I just joined a few days ago and have been reading but just haven't had a chance to post until now. I have been following this case closely because I know Susan and Josh. She is a friend of mine and Josh was actually our realtor 4 years ago.

I just want to jump right in to the discussion, so I hope that is okay. :)

Just wanted to comment on one of the more recent posts. I remember watching an interview recently where Jovanna mentioned that she and Susan were discussing Stake Conference and church, etc. that Sunday afternoon and Josh overheard the conversation, so he was very aware that it was Sunday. He also was aware that Susan and the boys went to church for 3 hours even though he stayed home. So I know very well that the whole "I was somehow thinking it was Sunday" is just another one of his lies. He knew very well which day it was. JMO

This is a post I made here recently:
"For whatever reason, Kiirsi is indicating that she believes that Susan was taken unwillingly out of state, is alive, and has not been fatally harmed by JP. I find it extremely frustrating and confusing. Hoping that with time we will know her thoughts."
What I meant to say is this:

Kiirsi indicates that she believes that Susan was taken unwillingly out of state, is alive, and has not been fatally harmed by JP.
While I find it extremely frustrating that we do not know more of these details, however, I believe that it is in Susan's best interests at this point, that this information is not public knowledge.
After reading my original post, it appears that I am being disrespectful. That was never my intention, and if I offended anyone by "mis-speaking," I deeply apologize. My thoughts were never meant to reflect poorly on Kiirsi.
I simply put my words together poorly.

To the person here on WebSleuths who posted my original post on another website, I say "thank you." It gave me the opportunity to clarify my thoughts, and offer an apology.

I went to Walmart right after I posted earlier about Josh and smores.

Can't believe it, but they make a Smores cereal too. OMG, I almost got sick right there because I saw Josh's face on the box!

First, it was the duct tape (KC case), now smores will be changed in my mind forever. Make it stop, nightmares of Josh saying smores, smores, sssmmores.

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I just joined a few days ago and have been reading but just haven't had a chance to post until now. I have been following this case closely because I know Susan and Josh. She is a friend of mine and Josh was actually our realtor 4 years ago.

I just want to jump right in to the discussion, so I hope that is okay. :)

Just wanted to comment on one of the more recent posts. I remember watching an interview recently where Jovanna mentioned that she and Susan were discussing Stake Conference and church, etc. that Sunday afternoon and Josh overheard the conversation, so he was very aware that it was Sunday. He also was aware that Susan and the boys went to church for 3 hours even though he stayed home. So I know very well that the whole "I was somehow thinking it was Sunday" is just another one of his lies. He knew very well which day it was. JMO

OKand3Js WELCOME to WS :) So glad you decided to join look forward to your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500