UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to change the subject but was still wondering about the van.

LE kept it what 2 days in the beginning then gave it back..right?

I know in the C Anthony case LE kept her car and still has it today after taking various pieces of the carpet out for testing. They also took air, dirt and grass samples from both the inside and undercarriage. Don't remember how vehicles in other cases have been handled but is it normal that the van have been given back to Josh if it was suspected that he used the van to dispose of the body? Would that be because LE didn't find anything in it suspicious enough to warrant keeping it?

So frustrating isn't it....In the Anthony case seems like so much was leaked and then in this case we are not hearing anything much at all!

I know; that is a puzzle. It seems really strange that they did not find anything. What is the normal procedure on that. Anyone know?

OK&3Js,

This is an absolute Godsend, and clears up so many questions. Have always wondered why Susan was sooo afraid of Josh just taking the boys, and disappearing. Now, it's quite clear. Very interesting, also, to read so-called lyrics of SPs. There's some great understanding of family dynamics here.

Okay guys and gals...

I got tipped some VERY interesting info about a website all about Steven Powell himself! We can finally get some info on him. There are tons of pics, a bio, and song recordings, etc.

It is also under a completely different name but people who know him very well have I.D.'d that it is indeed him. (Based on the some of the pics, I can see the resemblance to Josh and Michael)

Also, Josh must have built this site because Polished Marketing is his little side programming business. So he built it for his dad. Why Steven Powell is doing it under a different name is beyond me. Check it out.

Here is the link:
http://chantrey.polishedmarketing.com/Pages/Default.aspx

Thoughts?

Thank You for sharing, OKand3Js. Here's my :twocents:
I see it is a site about his music, but was surprised I couldn't hear any of his music in the background like some professional sites have.

The photo gallery is all Him, and really, he has to realize that might be boring after of few pictures of Him in a sweater, Him in a jacket, oh look Him near a keyboard. Narcissistic, not another living soul in those photos. Thumbs up on the dog tho'.

Very interesting about SP's own Mom secretly leaving with the children. Why is that mentioned in the first paragraph? Was it traumatic for him, but makes a good song.

The ending of About Him reads:
"Nowadays, when I write songs I do a bit of editing. The first words that offer themselves as partners for a given melody do not always make it to the final cut."

He should have shared that tidbit with Josh. It's too late now. Josh partnered his deed to his words telling us that silly story he told.

Hi Dear People; I am new to WS, long-time lurker. I appreciate the professionalism here, and the caring here. FYI: There is a new vid up on YT regarding asking people to check their memory December 6-8 regarding JP trips. Take Care.

Percy you came on with a bang. TY, and Welcome!
All efforts to find Susan are gladly accepted here. Thanks also to whomever made that video.

Originally Posted by SuziQ

I feel the reason the family is not searching is probably the same reason LE, the Ward, co-workers aren't searching. IMO, the family and LE has info that says a search isn't possible. What other reason could there be for a loving dad to go back home two states away and not search? The rest are following suit. Someone brought up Ed Smart. Him and his brother have organized and participated in other searches. Why not this one?

Yes, 20 people came to Josh's aid. There are several hundred in that ward who didn't. I don't see this as a religion thing. I'd say that's probably the same percentage in any case like this one where religion is not involved. There will always be people who don't want to see the obvious. There will always be people who don't want to know. There will always be people who don't want the burden of judging anyone and leave that up to God (if you are religious) and the justice system (for those not religious).

IMO, if the situation was reversed, Susan would have more backers and more people helping her. The public has a hard time believing women are capable of horrible crimes, especially crimes against their own children. And when these women are found guilty, the public still has a hard time handing down a death sentence.
bolding mine

There's a big difference between the Elizabeth Smart case and the Susan Powell case.

1) Elizabeth was a young UNmarried girl with a young, SLC, wealthy father and multiple relatives.

Susan is/was a temple married woman with an out-of-state, much older father caring for Susan's ill mother.

2) Elizabeth's kidnapper was totally UNknown and certainly NOT assumed to be a fellow MALE Mormon.

Susan's suspected kidnapper/murderer IS known -- IS the HUSBAND -- and IS a fellow Mormon.

3) Obviously, Elizabeth had no babies who Ed Smart was worried he would lose forever if he was persistent - aggressive - and successful in his searches for Elizabeth.

Susan DOES have two sons who could be permanetly alienated from the Cox family forever if Chuck Cox angers the hierarchy of the vindictive, uncooperative Powell family.

Remember, Susan has sisters but no brothers who could also be fighting for justice for Susan.

IMO, it's rather obvious to all that Susan has been lost forever. I'm quite sure that Chuck Cox does not want to lose Susan's sons too.

IF the Mormon church is the equal opportunity - all loving church they claim to be, THEY should be the ones organizing searches and beating the bushes to find one of their own supposedly loved, loyal members, Susan Cox Powell!

IMO, if the situation was reversed, Susan would have more backers and more people helping her.
R E A L L Y ? _ But she receives NO Help as the obvious victim? _ Why? :waitasec:

Perhaps the fact that Susan is FEMALE with no powerful, LDS MALE relatives just might be a factor in the total lack of ANY efforts from the huge LDS organization to search for her - alive OR dead.

What an unfair, lame, hypocritical shame!

in my humble opinion

Okay guys and gals...

I got tipped some VERY interesting info about a website all about Steven Powell himself! We can finally get some info on him. There are tons of pics, a bio, and song recordings, etc.

It is also under a completely different name but people who know him very well have I.D.'d that it is indeed him. (Based on the some of the pics, I can see the resemblance to Josh and Michael)

Also, Josh must have built this site because Polished Marketing is his little side programming business. So he built it for his dad. Why Steven Powell is doing it under a different name is beyond me. Check it out.

Here is the link:

Thoughts?

Very interesting. I can see the resemblance to Josh. BTW, Puyallup is NOT in the Puget Sound. It's close to Tacoma (where I was born!). And there's a world of difference between Tacoma and Seattle, IMO.

I'm a little behind here so I don't know if this has been mentioned before. I'm wondering if Josh and Susan ever went camping - in appropriate weather conditions - and if Susan ever mentioned the location(s) to her friends or co-workers. IMO, it's possible she is now somewhere that was familiar to them.

Okay guys and gals...

Here is the link:

Thoughts?

Chicken House Blues? Really? I needed that laugh! Thanks!

Very interesting. I can see the resemblance to Josh. BTW, Puyallup is NOT in the Puget Sound. It's close to Tacoma (where I was born!). And there's a world of difference between Tacoma and Seattle, IMO.

Oh, I don't know. As far as I am concerned, Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia are all on the Sound. Puyallup is just a suburb of Tacoma. Pretty darn close to the Sound, anyhow.

I'm a little behind here so I don't know if this has been mentioned before. I'm wondering if Josh and Susan ever went camping - in appropriate weather conditions - and if Susan ever mentioned the location(s) to her friends or co-workers. IMO, it's possible she is now somewhere that was familiar to them.

That name does not readily come up in a Google search. I wonder if it was more of a personal page, to "prime the pump" for Polished Marketing, so to speak.

Does anyone remember Kiirsi saying she got ahold of Josh and he was driving around before he came home that evening?

Yes I do recall someone contacting him. He stated that he was in WVC (pop 26,000), and it took him 2 hours to arrive home.
Just wife missing, no big.

Passionflower, OK, /All: just saved every page. I'm with you that this may not last long. If Amanda needs--I have it.

Thanks, I wish I knew more about saving and screenshots........I have tried and failed....the minute they know we know it will disappear!

Thank you folks, for the welcome. Gosh I hope I do this quote thing right !
The musician website info is fascinating ! What an intersting find !
Re: fairy1s thoughts, I have to agree and admit I have been thinking along those lines for some time.In cases I have read for years, many perps seem to go to that familiar area ! If I was there, I would be trying to find this info and go to those areas.

Thanks, I wish I knew more about saving and screenshots........I have tried and failed....the minute they know we know it will disappear!

If this is not allowed, let me know ! Jus tryin 2 help find Susan and others.
Screenshot for important docs and pics on web.
Lower left corner keyboard: button says ctrl. Upper right, one says print screen or prt scrn. Go to desired website pic, hit both buttons together. let go. It is now invisibly saved on your clipboard. Do not shut page, just go to start and open paint.wait. When it opens hit ctrl and v together. This should paste it. go to file save, to name and save your screenshot. :)

If this is not allowed, let me know ! Jus tryin 2 help find Susan and others.
Screenshot for important docs and pics on web.
Lower left corner keyboard: button says ctrl. Upper right, one says print screen or prt scrn. Go to desired website pic, hit both buttons together. let go. It is now invisibly saved on your clipboard. Do not shut page, just go to start and open paint.wait. When it opens hit ctrl and v together. This should paste it. go to file save, to name and save your screenshot. :)

My daughter has windows 7 now and it has a real slick web shot taking and saving and cropping.

You can always save any page too by right clicking and chose save page as, I usually save as htlm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler