UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

Bear lake is almost 4 hours away from where josh did the "camping trip"

Rather……from where Joshua ‘claims‘ he took the boys camping!
( I don’t think that information was verified, but correct me if I’m wrong)

Bear Lake is approximately 2 & a half hours from their home & it would make sense for him to claim to have gone camping in the opposite direction if he did dispose of his wife’s body at Bear Lake.

Susan Cox Powell, from Puyallup, went missing in Utah in 2009. Her family is still searching for her.

It's the reason dozens gathered around the angel statue dedicated to Cox Powell at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup for a candlelight vigil this week. As always, her family was in attendance. The Coxs live in Puyallup.

"Now it's kind of settled down to probably between 50 and 75 people a year," said Cox,
Early last year, Cox expressed his optimism for finding his daughter's remains after visiting a search of an abandoned mine in Utah's west desert.

“She wanted to be the best wife and mother and support her husband," said Cox.
It turned out, however, that the bones and clothing found were not those of his daughter.

"They thought it was a male, not a female," explained Cox.

"You have to say, 'Well, somebody else has their loved one,'" said Cox.

Last edited:

Press Release

On March 30, 2024, at 10:45 am, the Box Elder County Sheriff's Office received a report that skeletal remains were found in a remote wetland area within the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge on the northwest side of Willard Bay. The US Fish and Wildlife Service and the Box Elder County Sheriff's Office responded to the location and confirmed that the skeletal remains were human. The Utah State Medical Examiner's Office and Weber Metro CSI responded and assisted with processing the area and collecting evidence. The skeletal remains are currently being sent to the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office for further processing and to determine an identity. At this time, no additional information is available for release. Updates will be provided when they become available.

Chief Deputy Sheriff Cade Palmer

This is approximately an hour north of their home

Refuge interactive map:

Screenshots attached:
-West Valley - Bird refuge (route map)
-Utah mining districts

The area southwest of West Valley makes more sense because, "mommy's in the mine looking at crystals." I know there have been many searches in that area.

There are a couple of mine areas near the refuge, but they are in the mountains not in the wetland area. If JP had a change of plans, it does look like the main loop goes pretty far out into the wetland area.

Where are you, Susan?

Attachments

• SPss.png
    SPss.png
    357.6 KB · Views: 8
  • UGS mining districts.png
    UGS mining districts.png
    694.7 KB · Views: 7

Press Release

On March 30, 2024, at 10:45 am, the Box Elder County Sheriff's Office received a report that skeletal remains were found in a remote wetland area within the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge on the northwest side of Willard Bay. The US Fish and Wildlife Service and the Box Elder County Sheriff's Office responded to the location and confirmed that the skeletal remains were human. The Utah State Medical Examiner's Office and Weber Metro CSI responded and assisted with processing the area and collecting evidence. The skeletal remains are currently being sent to the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office for further processing and to determine an identity. At this time, no additional information is available for release. Updates will be provided when they become available.

Chief Deputy Sheriff Cade Palmer
How long does it take to get the DNA testing results back? Surely they can get Susan's DNA from her parents if nothing else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back