GUILTY UT - Three Scout leaders for destroying Goblin Valley rock formation, Emery Co., 2013

While I do not think this offense warrants death threats, this was not just a rock IMO.

The reason we have state parks which are protected is so that EVERYONE can enjoy the opportunity to see what nature took millions of years to form. What this gentleman did was a crime. Granted he did not murder anyone, he only destroyed a thing of natural beauty that was meant to be preserved so all could visit and enjoy.

The boy scouts outdoor code was violated as was the one about honoring God and country IMO.

The Outdoor Code

As an American, I will do my best to -

Be clean in my outdoor manners
Be careful with fire
Be considerate in the outdoors, and
Be conservation minded

Its just the wolves, its just the forests, its just some rocks, where does that line of thinking get us . . .

MOO bad bad form.

ETA BTW Josie I love your avatar. Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Goblin%20Valley%2004.jpg

I may be confusing Dave Hall with one of Travis' other friends but it doesn't really matter to me, the whole theme of the trial was that 'Travis Walks on Water' and Dave Hall and others contributed to the theme. This kind of person (Dave Hall) is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous than people like Jodi because there are more of people like him among us than there are of people like her.

This one of the things he said:
"To support the contention that Alexander wanted to end to the relationship, prosecutors called Alexander’s friend Dave Hall who testified that Alexander had said, “There’s nothing about [Arias] that I see in marriage material – or wife material.”"

I watched most but not all of the Jodi Arias trial. As the theatre piece that it was, I found it distasteful and wanting on all sides. I am not sure people learned anything from it and I found none of the players to be endearing. But, that's just me.

As the theatre piece that it was, I found it distasteful and wanting on all sides. I am not sure people learned anything from it and I found none of the players to be endearing. But, that's just me.

Thanks... I thought it was just me.

Dave why? Mother Earth is our home! :(

I may be confusing Dave Hall with one of Travis' other friends but it doesn't really matter to me, the whole theme of the trial was that 'Travis Walks on Water' and Dave Hall and others contributed to the theme. This kind of person (Dave Hall) is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous than people like Jodi because there are more of people like him among us than there are of people like her.

"To support the contention that Alexander wanted to end to the relationship, prosecutors called Alexander’s friend Dave Hall who testified that Alexander had said, “There’s nothing about [Arias] that I see in marriage material – or wife material.”"

I watched most but not all of the Jodi Arias trial. As the theatre piece that it was, I found it distasteful and wanting on all sides. I am not sure people learned anything from it and I found none of the players to be endearing. But, that's just me.

I could not possibly agree with you more on all the above especially the bits BBM .. the whole Saint Travis vs Satan Arias narrative was such a crock!! It was one of the most unintelligent frameworks for a case that I have seen in a very long time .. what a sales pitch we were fed. I also don't believe we learned a thing .. we have yet to learn what really happened between the two of them because there were so many lies and distortions on both sides which is just pointless.

Back to the rock .. how dare he, throw the book at them I say, and on the personal injury claim, now likely to be tossed right out .. :laughcry:

We have to remember that Travis can not tell his story and just because his friends make bad decisions it should not reflect on TA. Travis may not have been perfect but he had many, many friends who spoke well of him. jmo

While the subject of this thread may have some highly peripheral connection to teh Travis Alexander case, we seem to have wandered off topic.

Hall seems to think he is God. One of Hall's more astounding statements regarding the 'rock':

"Hall said he and Taylor were both "immensely sorry for any damage that we may have caused," or any embarrassment they brought to the Boy Scouts or anyone else.

But he also said, "One more rock falling to the ground is not going to destroy the beauty of the park. Eventually, the erosion brings all of them down.""

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/1...toppled-utah-rock-formation/?intcmp=obnetwork

Remember, the rock formations in the park are estimated to be about 170 million years old!!! Ban all three of them from setting foot on all parklands forever and ban them from the Boy Scouts forever.

Here is a video report on that pain and suffering lawsuit:

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_7578.shtml

Goblin Toppler Files Personal Injury Lawsuit Prior To Incident

"(KUTV) One of the men infamously nicknamed the "goblin toppler," is forced to answer even more questions tonight.

You might remember the uproar created Thursday when video surfaced of three men, Glenn Taylor, his son Dylan and Dave Hall, pushing over a goblin sandstone rock formation in Goblin Valley State Park last Friday.

Taylor, the man who is seen actually shoving the rock to the ground, had filed a personal injury lawsuit against a woman and her father for injuries he says he suffered in a 2009 car crash. Taylor filed the lawsuit at the beginning of September saying that after that accident he injured his back and had to "endure great pain and suffering, disability, impairment, loss of joy of life." Taylor also says in the lawsuit that the accident was "debilitating.""

Much more, with a couple of video snippets of reporter attempting to ask Taylor questions about the lawsuit.

I can see the insurance company doing a happy dance regarding that accident four years ago. lol

"Taylor, the man who is seen actually shoving the rock to the ground, had filed a personal injury lawsuit against a woman and her father for injuries he says he suffered in a 2009 car crash. Taylor filed the lawsuit at the beginning of September saying that after that accident he injured his back and had to "endure great pain and suffering, disability, impairment, loss of joy of life." Taylor also says in the lawsuit that the accident was "debilitating.""

Taylor to Hall: "Hey, man, be careful who you show that film to that we made out at the park the other day! You know, the one of me pushing and straining to topple that huge rock."

Hall to Taylor: "Whatta ya mean?"

Taylor to Hall: "Well, see, I have this lawsuit filed where I say I have a back injury that has caused me suffering, disability, impairment and loss of joy in life.
I think I might have looked too joyful in that video. So just don't show it around much, okay?"

Hall to Taylor: "Ummm....does posting it on youtube count as showing it around?"

"Taylor, the man who is seen actually shoving the rock to the ground, had filed a personal injury lawsuit against a woman and her father for injuries he says he suffered in a 2009 car crash. Taylor filed the lawsuit at the beginning of September saying that after that accident he injured his back and had to "endure great pain and suffering, disability, impairment, loss of joy of life." Taylor also says in the lawsuit that the accident was "debilitating.""

Taylor to Hall: "Hey, man, be careful who you show that film to that we made out at the park the other day! You know, the one of me pushing and straining to topple that huge rock."

Hall to Taylor: "Whatta ya mean?"

Taylor to Hall: "Well, see, I have this lawsuit filed where I say I have a back injury that has caused me suffering, disability, impairment and loss of joy in life.
I think I might have looked too joyful in that video. So just don't show it around much, okay?"

Hall to Taylor: "Ummm....does posting it on youtube count as showing it around?"

Back in the olden days before social media, defense attorneys used to routinely ask if the plaintiff had recently attended any weddings, then subpoena the wedding video. Amazing how many times that worked. Bonus if they were diving for the garter or doing the limbo lol

Is it the same guy?
I found TA friend's to be dishonest as well, but I won't go into anymore details. He was painted as a saint but was far from it.

:yesss:

Is it the same guy?
I found TA friend's to be dishonest as well, but I won't go into anymore details. He was painted as a saint but was far from it.

I agree, we were sold some kind of company line on who Travis was, not that I'm saying he was a bad guy, but the Saint Travis thing really just went too far, and got in the way of a real understanding of what may have gone on.

Yes, not to be belabor the point but this Dave Hall, The Goblin Toppler is the same Dave Hall who claimed to have known Travis for 11 years, who testified at the trial, and who did countless TV interviews regarding his friendship with Travis and his opinion of Jodi.

I am delighted that the Boy Scouts dumped him and Glen Taylor. Now I await felony charges being brought against them both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back