GUILTY UT - Three Scout leaders for destroying Goblin Valley rock formation, Emery Co., 2013

So if Legal Shield sees that one of their members used the service to file a bogus lawsuit wont they also have 'questions' .. seems to me he's made the company look bad too?

am i missing something here,its a rock?

They are natural rock formations in a National Park where they are protected. It would be the same as if they walked into a zoo and killed a lion. It's not the rock as much as it is they knew where they were, they knew the rock formations are protected and they went ahead and destroyed the natural formation without any regard for where they were. jmo

Taylor was the man who pushed the rock over. Dave Hall recorded it and encouraged him. So it would be Taylor who is referred to as The Goblin Toppler and not Dave Hall. Mr. Hall did not do any of the pushing. It was the gentleman with the bad back injury causing him to lose the joy in the quality of his life that was pushing and straining and pushing.

So I suppose we will see him next in court with a neck brace. :floorlaugh:

"Goblin Valley State Park is a state park of Utah, USA. Its eminent feature is its thousands of hoodoos and hoodoo rocks, which are formations of mushroom-shaped rock pinnacles, some as high as several meters. from Wikipedia

Address: Green River, UT 84525
Area: 4.686 sq miles (12.14 km²)
Hours: Monday 7:00 am – 10:00 pm"

Specifically, Goblin Valley is a State Park (not a National Park) and no one was a "Goblin Toppler". Glen Taylor and his son toppled a "hoodoo" and Dave Hall captured the act on video while encouraging the act of vandalism and all celebrated equally.

This made me laugh...

"You don't seem very debilitated [on the video]," Jones said,
"You didn't see how hard I pushed," Taylor replied.
"It looked like you were pushing pretty hard," the reporter said.
"You don't have my authority to put this online, to put this on the news," Taylor said, ending the conversation.

This made me laugh...

"You don't have my authority to put this online, to put this on the news," Taylor said, ending the conversation.

Right, you brainiacs did that yourselves. :rolleyes:

:doh:

:giggle:

I can see the insurance company doing a happy dance regarding that accident four years ago. lol

Can the insurance company sue to get the 4 years of disability payments back?

Right, you brainiacs did that yourselves. :rolleyes:

:doh:

:giggle:

:floorlaugh:

Yeah, "Only I have the authority to make myself look stupid!"

We have 43 state parks, these parks are amazing in their beauty. Tourists come from around the world to see these formations. Place a trip to Utah on your bucket list then you will see why people are outraged at these men's behavior. Jmo

Ciao

Does anyone know if people are allowed to climb around on the rock formations, or were the guys off limits to even be on the rocks? He didn't seem to strain very hard in pushing the rock off the thin column. They should not have done it, but formations like that don't seem safe.

yep. just a rock like...

796px-Devils_Tower_NM_Wyoming.JPG

498_StonehengeDM3004_468x299.jpg

matterhorn_1970.jpg

Half_Dome.gif

Yes, Uluru, props for getting the traditional name right GL!

Yes, Uluru, props for getting the traditional name right GL!

It always struck me as the height of hubris for the colonialists to come in and rename these places that had already been known and named for at least centuries by the indigenous peoples - its like an erasure of their history and presence on their own lands. Like Bear's Lodge/Devils Tower, pictured above here in the US. I can't go back in time, but I feel like the least I can do is show acknowledgement and respect to those who were here before by using their names.

Incidentally, its that same sort of hubris that leads guys to tipping over rocks willy nilly just because they feel like it, isn't it? :facepalm: the more I think about these guys, the angrier I get.

Here are the other "just rocks" I want to visit when I go see Uluru some day:

681x454.jpg

Absolutely agree GardenLady!

The National Boy Scouts of America’s Update: Monday, October 21, 2013, 11:30 A.M.

After reviewing this matter with the local chartered organization, these men have been removed from their leadership positions and are no longer members of the BSA.

http://blog.utahscouts.org/news/boy...-council-statement-on-goblin-valley-incident/

Utah National Parks Council Update: Monday, October 21, 2013, 11:00 A.M.

Based on the actions of the individuals involved with the Goblin Valley incident, the Utah National Parks Council has removed them from their leadership positions in the Boy Scouts of America.

“Leave No Trace” teaches the value of natural areas and the methods we can use to help protect and conserve these areas for future generations. We encourage all leaders and Scouts to review the “Leave No Trace” principles, as we are all a part of maintaining the integrity, character and the natural beauty of the outdoors for all living things.

Yet good old Dave says:

Hall said they found out about losing their Boy Scouts positions Monday morning. They had been troop leaders for a few years, Hall said, and hope to continue to be involved in organization in the future using what happened as a teaching point.

I say:

Oh god no!! Please don't turn your stupidity into some kind of creepy multi-level marketing style 'teaching point' .. NOBODY wants to see you twist this into some kind of BS story about 'personal growth' .. seriously, please don't.

"Hmm, lets see, how can we profit from our stupidity??" :eek:hoh:

Please, this guy needs to go away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname