VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his DNA matched to MH he would not have gotten out of prison or am I missing something?

Depending on the crime, his DNA may not have been on file. At least I think that's how it works.

Did they take DNA samples in 1991 when his violent offense occurred? Do they take DNA for DUI's and minor drug possession?

Thanks, that's the info I didn't know, his hx. :seeya:

Presser is taking awhile to get started. Maybe this due to fresh information.

my feed is really slow and reaaaallllly hard to hear... I see some lady walking up to the camera but not sure if it is starting as it froze on me.

omg her family.. her poor family :-( they are so strong and my thoughts are with them!!! ((((()))))))

Just a plea to the public for information

I'm still not clear on why the FBI is involved. Other than what some of us have guessed, LE has not stated the normal reasons to enlist federal help with this case.

Something about this case and Alexis has really gotten to me. It sure doesn't look good for her but all my prayers go out to her and her family for strength and a safe reunion.

I'm still not clear on why the FBI is involved. Other than what some of us have guessed, LE has not stated the normal reasons to enlist federal help with this case.

Enlisting FBI help is one thing, but their assuming jurisdiction is not a voluntary matter. The Sheriff and State cannot nor would not simply say 'come on in and take over'. There has to be a compelling reason for this to occur.

I'm on the IPAD and can't link right now but under the sketch of the Harrington perp, they had linked both the 2005 Fairfax sexual assault and Morgan Harrington's death. I think the words were that the sketch of the man posted by the FBI was linked forensically to both crimes.

I'm anxious to hear about the presser! Keep us informed!

According to the article they already have the DNA of Morgan Harringtons murderer, I would assume they would have already eliminated him as well, or they could easily eliminate him.

Was anyone able to locate her on the social networking site "Vine"? I searched for "realfolaris" but a man's profile came up. There are a TON of "Alexis Murphy"s on Vine. :/

I agree! This is a highly unusual response compared to other missing person cases.

Enlisting FBI help is one thing, but their assuming jurisdiction is not a voluntary matter. The Sheriff and State cannot nor would not simply say 'come on in and take over'. There has to be a compelling reason for this to occur.

Was anyone able to locate her on the social networking site "Vine"? I searched for "realfolaris" but a man's profile came up. There are a TON of "Alexis Murphy"s on Vine. :/

Fxlarin is her handle there.

Is anyone able to verify when Cheatham was in jail and when he was not? Vinelink is slightly confusing. It gives a release date in July 2013, but a booking date of March 2013. Was he out prior to that?

He was posting on his facebook in December 2012, so I'm assuming he has been out and in again, though how many times I am unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea