VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the IPAD and can't link right now but under the sketch of the Harrington perp, they had linked both the 2005 Fairfax sexual assault and Morgan Harrington's death. I think the words were that the sketch of the man posted by the FBI was linked forensically to both crimes.

I'm anxious to hear about the presser! Keep us informed!

I don't think a sketch could be linked forensically, imo forensically means scientific proof of some sort. There's nothing really scientific about a sketch really, I mean there is the science of drawing it I suppose but when I read forensically I think DNA. I could be wrong because I am no scientist...haha
Edited to add that if the 2005 incident was a sexual assault then they could easily have gotten DNA if there was a rape involved.

Right! I took it to mean DNA as well. I was trying to convey that they linked the two crimes and it said that under the two sketches of him. Sorry for the confusion!

I don't think a sketch could be linked forensically, imo forensically means scientific proof of some sort. There's nothing really scientific about a sketch really, I mean there is the science of drawing it I suppose but when I read forensically I think DNA. I could be wrong because I am no scientist...haha
Edited to add that if the 2005 incident was a sexual assault then they could easily have gotten DNA if there was a rape involved.

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

Despite some similarities in the cases, investigators say there is no current information tying the disappearance of a Nelson County girl (Alexis) to the death of Roanoke County college student Morgan Harrington.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/2134075-12/police-no-link-between-harrington-case-missing-nelson.html

My guess is that Morgan's parents are speaking out, etc because they are advocates for missing/abducted/attacked women & preventing abductions and attacks through their campaign "Help Save the Next Girl." Their website is http://helpsavethenextgirl.com/. (it's in my signature line as well)

They are also media-savy due to Morgan's case and can help get publicity for both the possibly abducted Alexis & Morgan's case, where the perp is still at large. Their involvement as far as media, etc. is good for Alexis & Morgan's cases, IMO, even if the cases are unrelated.

Seeing the FBI, state, and local LE officials on this case so quickly and fervently is a sight for sore eyes. Giving press conferences. Asking for the public's help. Conducting massive searches. Etc. I hope it stays this way.

Meanwhile, Adrienne Salinas has been missing for two months. Not one press conference. No pleas for public help. Nothing. Her circumstances are as bizarre - and threatening - as this case, yet nothing. They won't even release the dang police report without making you wait 30 days, and then they give you the constant run around to purposely make it difficult to get even after you've paid for it.

Pisses me off.

Just because they were both taken from Charlottesville. It's not exactly a huge town and I don't remember any other high-profile abductions of young women in the last decade or so in VA that weren't solved. So I can see why they are concerned about a serial killer.

I just read the press conference article...another aunt was there. I still think it is quite odd no mother or father has said much, except the father saying he was "excited" the car was found. That statement still bothers me. It's probably nothing but it did. Where is the mother?? If she's too distraught to go on camera, release a statement? I haven't read anything. Very odd.

It was the Aunt that was excited. The Dad was hopeful or something...but not excited. jmo

I just looked up the Salinas case, and while I understand your frustration, I would imagine that there are several reasons it's not gotten the hype of this one. First, I guess it's the local officials call on how to react initially. I don't know anything about Arizona, but in our area, this would be major news and the pressure is already on Charlottesville Police since the Harrington murder. The last thing they want is another missing girl. Secondly, technically Alexis is a minor and Adrienne is not. Morgan Harrington was 20 but her parents were extremely media savey and again, in our area this would be huge news. Third, there is a possible cyber crime here=FBI involvement. I'm not saying it's right, but I can see those reasons. Again I know nothing about AZ and only what I just read about Adrienne's case.

Murphy's father Paul Brown says he's so grateful her car has been found. He's hoping this can lead to some substantial leads in the search for his daughter.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9728943&postcount=142"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ACTIVE SEARCH VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013[/ame]

I don't think a 'possible cyber crime' is why the FBI has assumed jurisdiction here, but your point is otherwise noted.

I know that with Morgan's case too, it was so obviously an abduction, since she walked out of a concert and was never seen again, and her stuff was found in the parking lot. Very scary to the public at large. I still wonder if they swooped in on Alexis' case b/c of Morgan's though.

Last post 4 days ago about being a good girlfriend

There are a lot of creepy men on her Vine, too. Like Adz.... But he's in London.

Does anyone have XM radio? It looks like her Vine shows that she has XM in her car. I wonder if the FBI can get tracking information from it.

Wow. She really put a lot of her life out there for anyone to see. Here at WS we know how many predators there are. It would be easy for some creep to find out where she lived, her school, when and where she was out shopping or with friends, etc. I'm not going to get into the content of the videos and tweets just wanted to point out how scary it is that kids out out so much info publicly.

Also, somewhat OT, I thought most schools had strict "no drug" policies for team sports. She certainly wasn't hiding her use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member