VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting this guy thought he was invincible and so smart, getting away with these crimes for so long...well, he obviously made a mistake somewhere. Times up for him. Hoping Alexis' family (and other families of his victims) get some answers.

For the record, it seems this perp doesn't have a particular preference for a certain age range or physical description of victims, assuming he's tied to other cases.

I have been totally thinking the same thing. I was thinking back to the early reports about the Rt29 Stalker. He had those 3 months where he seemed to pull over a lot of people. After Alice was found many women came forward. Most just said he tried his ruse and was weird but didn't attack them. But Alice was white and Carmelita is Philippino.

Do serial killers really have a "type" if his MO is to pull women over while they are driving, unless he did some stalking maybe he didn't know. He just saw the back of their heads?

I wonder if Sage should be on my list. I took her off. One close inspections you could tell she was trans, but from a distance or while driving no way.

If the reporter has records going back 20 years, that puts us at 1993.

If he was born in 1964 he would have been 29, so there are more records out there I bet. Juvi ones, if any, are not public record, but all that would come out after any trial. However, that still leaves from 18 to 29 years old. Somehow, I think there are more records...

Oh yeah, not that it helps, but he should be 49 this year if 1964 is the correct birth year. I'm still shocked! I think he looks much older. Life has taken it's toll on him.

How terrifying if there are two or more involved in this before the fact. imo One person is horrifying in itself.

Last night we were all speculating about possible drug addiction. He looked pretty ruff in his court photos, but serious DT rough? If he were really addicted to Meth, wouldn't he be having problems right now? I really don't know much about it. I did make the bad teeth and sunken aged appearance connection.

I also wondered if this is why people saw him walking the streets. Don't meth addict get really antsy and stop sleeping. Maybe he couldn't sit still and walked.

I'm betting this guy thought he was invincible and so smart, getting away with these crimes for so long...well, he obviously made a mistake somewhere. Times up for him. Hoping Alexis' family (and other families of his victims) get some answers.

I think that is why he was walking up and down 29. He was pacing. He knew he messed up but the heat was on already and he couldn't do anything about it. jmo

I have been totally thinking the same thing. I was thinking back to the early reports about the Rt29 Stalker. He had those 3 months where he seemed to pull over a lot of people. After Alice was found many women came forward. Most just said he tried his ruse and was weird but didn't attack them. But Alice was white and Carmelita is Philippino.

Do serial killers really have a "type" if his MO is to pull women over while they are driving, unless he did some stalking maybe he didn't know. He just saw the back of their heads?

I wonder if Sage should be on my list. I took her off. One close inspections you could tell she was trans, but from a distance or while driving no way.

All being women would be enough for a "type". Unless they all looked similar, then there is a definite type.

I saw a blurb on the news here, that's good getting the news out there, showed RAT in Court today. He is very polite and annunciates clearly. If you heard him, you would think he was a nice guy with a professional job of some sort. Not a creep. I was expecting something to be off, but there wasn't anything off. Even said yes sir, no sir. Very clearly and without animosity.

Possible accomplices...Fellow meth heads? Prison friends? Online perv friends? I hate to say it, but maybe someone closely related to him?

I thought it was petite women he liked?

Is anyone on here good at looking up birth certificates? Wondering if he was born in this area.

What about marriage certificates? We know he has a son, was he ever married?

If he went to jail in 1993 served a few years. Is it possible he got out, got married, had the kid (or just had the kid). And then in 2003 his criminal history picks up again. Isn't his son 10 years old? So right when his kid is born he starts up again?

I found this board from googling and signed up for this board in order to explain something about the parking lot at the Carmike. I'm sorry I couldn't find the original thread to quote it.

The Carmike *is* in a quiet spot off Rt. 29, but its parking lot is adjacent to the ACAC gym parking lot, which is constantly full from 6 am to 10 at night. Overflow cars from the ACAC lot are allowed to park in the Carmike lot, which is just down a set of steps. So even though you could argue that the Carmike lot is quiet, it is not remote in the way some have assumed.

Also someone said something about "having a beer" at the Arden Place Clubhouse. It's not that kind of clubhouse. Arden Place is a so-called "luxury" apartment complex and the clubhouse is just a gym/pool/meeting space. Right next door to Arden Place, however, are several less exclusive apartment complexes where criminal activity occasionally takes place.

:wagon: Cvillemom! :welcome:

:seeya:

One more thought. I am sure he is very well spoken. Look at that rap sheet, and he has gotten them to drop the charges on almost everything. I bet he could charm a lot of people. Don't they say serial killers often have a high IQ?

If the reporter has records going back 20 years, that puts us at 1993.

If he was born in 1964 he would have been 29, so there are more records out there I bet. Juvi ones, if any, are not public record, but all that would come out after any trial. However, that still leaves from 18 to 29 years old. Somehow, I think there are more records...

Oh yeah, not that it helps, but he should be 49 this year if 1964 is the correct birth year. I'm still shocked! I think he looks much older. Life has taken it's toll on him.

From Nurse...

Virginia Beach Circuit - Criminal Division
Click on Case Number for Details

CaseNumber Defendant Charge Hear Date Status
CR93001326-01 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN STATUTORY BURGLARY 05/24/1993 Guilty Plea
CR93001326-02 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN GRAND LARCENY 05/24/1993 Guilty Plea
Quote:
Case Number:
CR93001326-01
Filed:
05/24/1993
Commenced by:
Waiver
Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN
Sex:
Male
Race:
White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic)
DOB:
06/19/****
Address:
NORFOLK, VA. 23513
Charge:
STATUTORY BURGLARY
Code Section:
18.2-91
Charge Type:
F
Class:
O
Offense Date:
10/02/1992
Arrest Date:
10/02/1992
Quote:
Virginia Beach Circuit - Criminal Division
Case Details

Case Number:
CR93001326-01
Filed:
05/24/1993
Commenced by:
Waiver
Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN
Sex:
Male
Race:
White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic)
DOB:
06/19/****
Address:
NORFOLK, VA. 23513
Charge:
STATUTORY BURGLARY
Code Section:
18.2-91
Charge Type:
F
Class:
O
Offense Date:
10/02/1992
Arrest Date:
10/02/1992

http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/C.../CaseDetail.do

I wonder what made a man like him start so late at getting tattoos? I mean in one photo there are no visible tattoos and now he seems to have many. Makes me wonder if they all have meaning. Possibly even some type of trophy for something he's accomplished? He's such a creepy looking guy.

I got my first tat for my 40th birthday and my hubby got his first after he was 50. Not that strange of an occurrence these days. I know other people who have waited until later in life too. I don't think it's that unusual. But there is a lot we don't know about him.

Could this mean that RAT may really be the perp in other cases, but someone else innocent has been wrongfully convicted and sitting in prison for a crime they didn't commit? Gosh, I hope not.

Guys I don't think he lived in Florida.... I found a Randy A Taylor but he has a completely different middle name. Same birth year (1964) though.

Actually from my math... I thought this RAT's year of birth was 1965...

Sleuthers... Correct me if I am wrong..

TIA...:seeya:

Is anyone on here good at looking up birth certificates? Wondering if he was born in this area.

What about marriage certificates? We know he has a son, was he ever married?

If he went to jail in 1993 served a few years. Is it possible he got out, got married, had the kid (or just had the kid). And then in 2003 his criminal history picks up again. Isn't his son 10 years old? So right when his kid is born he starts up again?

I don't think you can look up birth certificates can you? After 9-11 things got strict on that, you even have to order a new one now if you need one that has special marks on it since 9-11. (I could be wrong, maybe you can look some up in some states, but that is how it is here.)

Marriage certificates. Some older ones may be online, others you would have to go to the Courthouse in the area married in. However, you bring up an interesting line of thought.

Married or not, if the crimes started around the birth of a child, maybe he was not ready or willing to have children, and, a woman did as some do, and had one anyway. This could have angered him toward women. Not the child, he most likely loves the child dearly, but women.

Just a thought---I'm wondering if RAT had chloroform or a stungun, (or what other weapon he may have had)...etc...while Alexis is not a large individual, she would be very strong being a great volleyball player, etc.. (also, she seems to be in great shape in her videos...)....RAT is thin, frail....he has no defensive wounds that I can see..I don't see him overpowering her that easily unless he had a weapon, or surprised her, or she was incapacitated some way (unless he was strong from a drug surge....)...Just thinking out loud...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liskfanatic63