VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/04/aj-hadsells-family-friends-hold-tournament-her-honor

AJ's boyfriend, Josh Campbell, said that if Hadsell’s team was losing, she was always the one to yelling and clapping, urging her teammates to get in the game,

“She brought the team up, no matter what,” he said. “She would play hard and come back dirty and tired, but with a smile on her face.”

The two had gone to high school together and started dating in February 2014, he said.

“AJ loved everybody,” Campbell said. “When you play ball, you think of her. ... We miss her.”

Before the start of a game, the team with Hadsell’s friends and family huddled on the field and shouted “Hope, faith, love, AJ!”

They won the game.

Campbell hit a triple.

Do we really think the dark colored van seen at the Franklin home where AJ's body was found... is owned by someone in the family or close to the family? Someone who would park it outside JH's house or someone who'd write JH and WH's cell phone numbers on the back windows with messages about AJ being missing?

I know most criminals are really quite stupid (which is how they get caught) but this would fall into the categories of stupid and brazen, wouldn't it?

AJ's house is fairly close to the airport, lots of woods and water nearby. But I doubt the killer would rent a car at one of the major rental companies due to having ID on record with a rental/ paper trail, jmo.

Do you remember that talk about her being seen or ping of hers at the airport very early? Could he have gone as far as an airport rental? I imagine with his background, he's have a chance at fake ID's and such?

Do we really think the dark colored van seen at the Franklin home where AJ's body was found... is owned by someone in the family or close to the family? Someone who would park it outside JH's house or someone who'd write JH and WH's cell phone numbers on the back windows with messages about AJ being missing?

I know most criminals are really quite stupid (which is how they get caught) but this would fall into the categories of stupid and brazen, wouldn't it?

O Mom, I've been thinking that as well. Also, drug dealers don't normally drive minivans, so I haven't been sold on the borrowing it from someone like that either. However, if someone took a van without asking, then I guess it could be parked at the Hadsell home because they may not know.

AJ's house is fairly close to the airport, lots of woods and water nearby. But I doubt the killer would rent a car at one of the major rental companies due to having ID on record with a rental/ paper trail, jmo.

He has been known to be a thief, ID wise, he may have been able to pull it off, the airport is within 5 miles of her house. Their rental cars are usually much cleaner than other lots. I think he may have had help with his "she departed" thing at the station and met the van there and had it parked somewhere to move later.

Do you remember that talk about her being seen or ping of hers at the airport very early? Could he have gone as far as an airport rental? I imagine with his background, he'd have a chance at fake ID's and such? He may have been used to moving big groups of kids around, like teams and been familiar with rentals of vans through that too.

I remember ping/airport but not via LE.

But he could have had a addict rent something in their name. But I doubt that. It's too risky.

Yes, but possibly it was available to borrow from a family friend without questions to drive to Franklin, plus based on our discussion here that there are a zillion black mini-vans in the world, it might be brazen but easily explained and not a concern.

Even if WH borrowed a minivan in the middle of the night, perhaps the last night AJ was seen,....when she went missing, wouldn't the person who he borrowed the minivan from be suspicious?

As far as the witnesses who saw the suspicious van... If it were me, I don't think I'd necessarily call it in (though I may now after reading this case) but then when remains are found I think it would've jogged my memory like, Oh yeah, I did see something a couple of weeks ago that I thought was weird. I can't tell you how many times I've seen something that I thought was strange but I haven't called the police every single time (though, like I said... maybe now I will).

Did the owner speak on camera when coming to WH's defense early on? I would love to watch that, I missed any info about the boss/owner although I do know the company name and location. I'm from the area as well.
No, he was being attacked in comments on SM.....questions regarding whether he did background checks, the hiring of someone with a criminal history, that type of thing. He defended his hiring practices and WH specifically. This was very early on in the investigation.
Now he certainly must be in damage control mode re the reputation of his business.
Thank you, all, for the welcomes :)

As far as the witnesses who saw the suspicious van... If it were me, I don't think I'd necessarily call it in (though I may now after reading this case) but then when remains are found I think it would've jogged my memory like, Oh yeah, I did see something a couple of weeks ago that I thought was weird. I can't tell you how many times I've seen something that I thought was strange but I haven't called the police every single time (though, like I said... maybe now I will).

Right. Remember Donta Williams who was found in the lake in Suffolk? My husband and a few of his friends work at the DoD command where he was seen. One of my husband's friend (and a few others, some who may have come forward earlier) recalled seeing blood on the bridge that connects the parking lot to the command. He says people fish on that bridge too so he didn't really think anything of it until they found a body in the lake.

If credible: Why would LE let that information be stated to the press this early in the investigation. They should have kept those guys mum until they did their due diligence. So either LE knows who van it was already or It doesn't fit into the case.

Usually they wait until they are stumped before asking the public for help regarding a van. So why let them speak. Jmo

Nope, we don't know anything except that it was parked outside the Hadsell house when that picture was taken and may match the witness's description of the vehicle that pulled into the vacant house's backyard. But I'm sure there are a lot of dark blue/black Dodge Caravan looking vehicles around there.

??? grandma's car?

No, he was being attacked in comments on SM.....questions regarding whether he did background checks, the hiring of someone with a criminal history, that type of thing. He defended his hiring practices and WH specifically. This was very early on in the investigation.
Now he certainly must be in damage control mode re the reputation of his business.
Thank you, all, for the welcomes :)

Very well put. He and the business practice was getting reamed on sm. People were ready to have people not use that companies service. Good thing he realized that it wasn't good public relations going on by him defending Wes.

Btw: Welcome Aboard.

I remember ping/airport but not via LE.

But he could have had a addict rent something in their name. But I doubt that. It's too risky.

The clean description of the van makes me think airport rental and accomplice.

The clean description of the van makes me think airport rental and accomplice.

The only thing that makes me lean to a car rental is not wanting police to find ANY evidence in the vehicle he owns or anyone that he could be connected to socially

JUST ADDING: If this is the case, then there is a rental car out there somewhere with AJ's DNA evidence in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin