VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you know I get annoyed at sloppy reporting, and that I'm pedantic about checking details & inconsistencies ;). Anjelica's case already had me twitching. A lot.

I'm trying to tidy up & update my "timeline" (quotes because of the time discrepancies :( ), rechecking sources etc.

I'm tearing my hair out : look at what I missed the other day, with careful attention to the source :(.

(BBM)

https://m.facebook.com/NorfolkPD/ph...82592437/882663048442821/?type=1&ref=bookmark

"HAVE YOU SEEN ME?
Norfolk Police is asking the public’s help in locating a missing 18-year-old. Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk."

I'm a strong supporter of LE. I do expect high standards of accuracy from them.

Does time run differently in Norfolk??

Some of you know I get annoyed at sloppy reporting, and that I'm pedantic about checking details & inconsistencies ;). Anjelica's case already had me twitching. A lot.

I'm trying to tidy up & update my "timeline" (quotes because of the time discrepancies :( ), rechecking sources etc.

I'm tearing my hair out : look at what I missed the other day, with careful attention to the source :(.

(BBM)

https://m.facebook.com/NorfolkPD/ph...82592437/882663048442821/?type=1&ref=bookmark

"HAVE YOU SEEN ME?
Norfolk Police is asking the public’s help in locating a missing 18-year-old. Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk."

The supposed "accurate" times are SEEN at 12 when WH met with AJ to give her money (at home? A bank? His work? We don't know) last HEARD from was the following day 5 AM with a text saying "I'm fine but I'm not ready to come home"

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I am only giving the general accurate time according to the Hadsell fam.

(BBM)

"HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

I believe LE is going by what they have been told. They have been very quiet. The FIRST time the 12pm meet for $$ was mentioned was 2(?) days ago during an interview. IMO, had LE known that...it would have been posted/released.

The supposed "accurate" times are SEEN at 12 when WH met with AJ to give her money (at home? A bank? His work? We don't know) last HEARD from was the following day 5 AM with a text saying "I'm fine but I'm not ready to come home"

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I am only giving the general accurate time according to the Hadsell fam.

Then there's the "okay" emoji text WH apparently got sometime on the 3rd.

Guys, please leave the FB rumors on FB, don't bring them here.

If your stating something as fact you need
images

Well, to be fair, the drama & creepiness on FB surrounding the Parents of the Year in the Bella Grogan-Canella case was pretty close to this (if not worse, in some instances).

Mos def. My bad. Cannot believe I had fogotten Bella Bella. Might be time to take a break from Websleuths.

A status posted by the Admins on the Bring AJ Home facebook page has been edited to reflect that AJ was last seen at home Monday [March 2] around lunchtime. If you click the word "edited" by the timestamp on the post, you can see the prior statement and when it was last edited. https://www.facebook.com/bringajhome/posts/793063400781890

Thank you. I was pointing out:

1. That the generally accepted established "last seen by family" time was for 10 days, around 7 am on Monday 2nd. If one asks LE, this is the time they cite (as of yesterday afternoon).

To make myself VERY clear, I am Not Impressed by WH's recent recall of a noon/lunchtime meeting with AJ.

2. That there is a glaring error in LE's own statement.

I'm well aware of, & have been following very closely, the various and ever changing information on who/what/where/when from family.

Sudden & recently revealed (by family) "leads" on white cars, jackets, "scary" text messages & possible POIs; random disorganized searches organized by family; and SM mudslinging leave me flabbergasted and disgusted for the moment.

Sorry if I sound abrupt/sarcastic this morning, it's not you guys, it's the protagonists :(.

I believe LE is going by what they have been told. They have been very quiet. The FIRST time the 12pm meet for $$ was mentioned was 2(?) days ago during an interview. IMO, had LE known that...it would have been posted/released.

The "about" info has changed (again) on the Bring AJ Home page https://www.facebook.com/bringajhome/info?tab=page_info

"Anjelica Hadsell was last seen Monday, March 2 in the Norfolk, VA area. She has not been heard from since early Tuesday (March 3) morning."
People have been outing that page and other pages on that site because of the 7am lie. Iam sure they were questioning why they put last seen at 7am when dad is now saying noon.

Thank you. I was pointing out:

1. That the generally accepted established "last seen by family" time was for 10 days, around 7 am on Monday 2nd. If one asks LE, this is the time they cite (as of yesterday afternoon).

To make myself VERY clear, I am Not Impressed by WH's recent recall of a noon/lunchtime meeting with AJ.

2. That there is a glaring error in LE's own statement.

I'm well aware of, & have been following very closely, the various and ever changing information on who/what/where/when from family.

Sudden & recently revealed (by family) "leads" on white cars, jackets, "scary" text messages & possible POIs; random disorganized searches organized by family; and SM mudslinging leave me flabbergasted and disgusted for the moment.

Sorry if I sound abrupt/sarcastic this morning, it's not you guys, it's the protagonists :(.
You're assumption isn't far off from my assumption too. Several of us here have the same thoughts. This is just a dog and pony show at this point -.-

In the last thread someone mentioned she played on the college softball team and would be drug tested (poster mentioned this because she was doubtful AJ would mess with drugs due to drug testing). She is not on the Longwood 2015 softball roster. If she was still playing ball, and I think I read she had a game or something, then it is on a club team.

Yes, I can confirm that AJ is in the softball CLUB, not Longwood softball team (I'm friends with one of the athletic directors there).

Checking in to see if anything new... sadly, nothing... wish LE would hold a presser, but unless there is media/community/family pressure to do so, they typically don't. So we don't know much. No mention of any surveillance; that seems to be key in many of these cases. Sometimes, it's not what's seen, but what is not seen on surveillance when the time a victim has last been seen is known. By that I mean; knowing time and where cameras are, it can be determined if she ever made it past any.

I have to disagree with posts that say this case stands out b/c of how it is being handled. Many--if not most cases posted on WS---have a lot of "Um, what?" moments regarding the actions of those closest to the case. There aren't many cases that are run in a way that is praised 100% of the way.

There was also a LE search set up last Saturday AM in the vacant lot on the right side of Halprin Drive. Between Halprin Ct. and Helsley. There were at least 6 LE vehicles including a large white trailer. They also had a boat in the water at the end of Halprin Drive. And don't forget the LE search of the dumpster last Tuesday. The dumpster is located just inside the Helsley entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon