VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to disagree with posts that say this case stands out b/c of how it is being handled. Many--if not most cases posted on WS---have a lot of "Um, what?" moments regarding the actions of those closest to the case. There aren't many cases that are run in a way that is praised 100% of the way.

Yes, so true. We just are not privy to what LE is doing behind the scenes, and much of their work is very slow going, whereas we like things to move quickly. But we all know this here... need a smiley for "preaching to the choir" :lol: My frustration is usually with the media for not asking the right questions...

There was also a LE search set up last Saturday AM in the vacant lot on the right side of Halprin Drive. Between Halprin Ct. and Helsley. There were at least 6 LE vehicles including a large white trailer. They also had a boat in the water at the end of Halprin Drive. And don't forget the LE search of the dumpster last Tuesday. The dumpster is located just inside the Helsley entrance.

Looking for links for these to update map, if anyone can point me to them that'd be awesome. Thank you Smurfily!

Okay- so which gas station? They always have video? Right?

Yes, there are cameras at most stations and if not there are maybe other business there that do!

Also red light cameras as well.

Checking in to see if anything new... sadly, nothing... wish LE would hold a presser, but unless there is media/community/family pressure to do so, they typically don't. So we don't know much. No mention of any surveillance; that seems to be key in many of these cases. Sometimes, it's not what's seen, but what is not seen on surveillance when the time a victim has last been seen is known. By that I mean; knowing time and where cameras are, it can be determined if she ever made it past any.

Yes, but I can't remember the last time ANY of the local LE ever had a press conference. In the last week, one of the local PD's went to a motel looking for a suspect and the officer handling a dog let it go and it attacked a 9 yo child (not related to the suspect) that was at a vending machine. He had to be taken to the ER for treatment. It took 2 or 3 days before the PD even issued a statement.

How do i provide links?

If the searches have been reported in the media, on the Bring AJ Home facebook page or twitter account, or through a news station's twitter account or facebook page, you can copy and paste the links in a post here. I will look for something linkable too. I want to make sure the map is within the rules. :tyou:

I wonder if ZH formally requested visitation rights for AJ? I have friend who obtained legal visitation with his step son whom he has raised as his own fo about 8 years. The child was 12 at the time of divorce. Just curious....

Posted by local news reporter. Change in time. Meet for $$ now 12:45 at Gas Station.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeFisherTV

http://https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeFisherTV

So now the time changed again. WH last saw AJ at 12:45 pm at a gas station.
TY Dragon

Okay- so which gas station? They always have video? Right?

So 12 days later we learn there may be surveillance of this last family sighting. That is crucial info.

Musing out loud: I wonder how long gas stations (or any business, for that matter) usually keep their surveillance recordings... ? Is there a general "rule of thumb"? Is this a local gas station regularly used by the family...?

So now the time changed again. WH last saw AJ at 12:45 pm at a gas station.
TY Dragon

I don't know, that's not really a time change (like the other obvious ones) since I think it was always stated "around noon". I might call 12:45 "around noon" if I couldn't remember exactly what time it was.

For those who were wondering about the boyfriend, I see him walking with family in the latest pictures on the Bring AJ Home page.

Looking for links for these to update map, if anyone can point me to them that'd be awesome. Thank you Smurfily!

I'll look around on the news sites for you. The only mention I see right now is on her official FB page where they list that they were meeting at "Search parties meeting at 930am and 3pm at LCN. Address is: 2165 Helsley Ave, Norfolk, VA 23518" This was posted on March 7 at 8:39 a.m. so that is probably why they were out there that long. Also on one of the news videos that was posted yesterday they showed a boat searching in the water but I don't know if there was ever a reference made as to where or why.

I was away from the computer last night so I didn't read all of this in real time. It helped put things in perspective. To be blunt, THIS ISN'T LOGICAL. AT ALL. We have all followed wacky cases, but does AJ's family think the public is that naive? So...here's my summary of what we've been fed over the past several days..all IMO.
From family:
1. AJ is missing. Mom is the last one to see her, at 7 am on Monday. However, AJ texts mom the next morning that she's not ready to come home. It might not have been her texting.
2. Actually, a neighbor saw her at 2:30, Monday, BTW.
3. Her debit/credit card was found on a search with other debit/credit cards, but hers was the only one that looked new. It was cut in two pieces.
4. Everyone STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. There is a flyer out there that was not created by us. It has LE's phone number on it, but the reward doesn't match the one we are offering, and it doesn't have our contact info on it. Could everyone please go around town and take those flyers down?
4. Actually, stepdad found the debit/credit card, BTW. It is sliced in many pieces, BTW.
5. LE won't communicate with the family, so they will be talking to the media.
6. Uh oh. The public has done some research and found out some "things" about stepdad and it's getting all over the internet.
7. BTW, real quick, stepdad met with AJ to give her money at noon on Monday. Forgot to tell y'all that.
8. Also, AJ texted with stepdad a thumbs up sign the next day.
9. Oh, BTW, AJ was spotted at home with a white car around 230 on Monday.
10. We are going to go on a search with machetes in a specific place to find her phone, which we believe was thrown out the window there.
11. Actually, AJ had been afraid of someone for weeks, and we have vague text messages to prove it.
12. BTW, someone found her jacket somewhere.

From LE:
1. Nothing.

(I was comparing pictures from SM, maybe I'm looking at the wrong ones).
Yeah the boyfriend is not shown in any parade pics. The far left guy holding the banner is a friend, if that's who you were thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels