GUILTY VA - Ariellisa Simmons, 2, Richmond, 5 Nov 2015

Do we know what happened or a motive? RIP, little tiny one...

Poor baby. RIP precious little baby girl.
Heartbreaking. Again and again. I just don't get it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...er-stepmom-authorities/ar-BBsnLdb?form=PRHPTP

After fighting extradition, she finally returned to Virginia last week, according to reports. She was indicted by a grand jury on charges of first-degree murder, felony murder and child neglect.

She is being held without bond in Richmond City Jail and will appear in court on May 2.

:cry: Dehydration would be a slow painful death. :cry:

:rose: Rest peacefully Ariellisa :rose:

:jail: Justice for Ariellisa

Wow. How did this happen exactly?? So she abducts the child and then doesn't give her fluids? I don't get it.

Yes, slow and painful, and evil. This sounds spiteful to me...

BBM--quoted post :cry: Dehydration would be a slow painful death. :cry:

:rose: Rest peacefully Ariellisa :rose:

:jail: Justice for Ariellisa[/QUOTE]

From last month:

Stepmother pleads no contest in the death of 2-year-old girl found in attic of Richmond apartment

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/city-of-richmond/article_0ae3ecf3-3f50-50e9-b01b-2ce2ea4b41a4.html

The stepmother of 2-year-old Ariellisa Simmons was found guilty Friday in the child’s abuse, abduction and death.

Andrea P. Watkins-Simmons, 36, was sentenced to 20 years of active prison time for second-degree murder based on a plea agreement reached between her attorney and prosecutors. Half of the original 40-year sentence was suspended, as was an additional 20 years for abduction and abuse charges.

She sat in court emotionless, staring directly ahead as Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Kelli Burnett read a lengthy narrative of the evidence that would have been presented at trial.

After hearing the evidence, David Baugh, Watkins-Simmons’ attorney, said it “would have been sufficient to render a guilty verdict.” Baugh spoke for Watkins-Simmons saying she pleads “no contest” to the charges. As part of the plea agreement, a charge of first-degree murder was dropped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back