VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was the comments on the horrorcore blog that caught my interest, too. Thanks for the other link, mauns, as well.

Meth use seems possible. I know of another case where an apparently normal guy became violent after a short period of frequent meth use. He threatened to kill his roommate by putting his head in the oven, then assaulted some other folks. He had to leave the state to avoid the consequences. Also, FWIW, he was very into conspiracy theory stuff like SickTanick and the meth plus conspiracy thinking seemed to go together.

Yeah, meth was the drug of which I was thinking. I went to undergrad in a farmtown in a rural area of the midwest. Every day, you'd hear all sorts of stuff about crimes involving meth use.

Yeah, meth was the drug of which I was thinking. I went to undergrad in a farmtown in a rural area of the midwest. Every day, you'd hear all sorts of stuff about crimes involving meth use.

No sign of the appearance changes that often go with frequent meth use however.

One of my side projects at a recent gig was to measure the facial similarity of meth users after short periods. I believe we were the first people to do this type of study FWIW. Meth use is connected to identity theft in many cases and we were interested in whether we would be able to identify people during the rapid changes in appearance that accompany meth use.

See http://www.facesofmeth.us/

WARNING some may find these images shocking/disturbing...

No sign of the appearance changes that often go with frequent meth use however.

One of my side projects at a recent gig was to measure the facial similarity of meth users after short periods. I believe we were the first people to do this type of study FWIW. Meth use is connected to identity theft in many cases and we were interested in whether we would be able to identify people during the rapid changes in appearance that accompany meth use.

See http://www.facesofmeth.us/

WARNING some may find these images shocking/disturbing...

Good point. He's too doughy for meth. Unless he just started using? How fast does it take to experience facial changes? I mean, he didn't have great skin . . .

I feel infinitely dumber after reading that blog's comments. I love the back and forth between religious zealots condemning people's beliefs for being at the wrong at of the spectrum from their's almost as much as the illiterate artists and horrorcore aficionados who can't spell their insults nor correctly spell their musical influences name's.

I'd guess meth too if he's on drugs but he could have been strung out on roxies/oxies, tripping on a lot of cid or shrooms, whippits, freon, etc. There are a lot of drugs that can unbalance you, depending on how much he may have done or in what combinations. That could also explain why he doesn't speak to the police and has spent most of his time asleep, could be withdrawling.

Then again, you'd think that tidbit would have been released by now to explain at least some of the horrific aspects of the murders.

Good point. He's too doughy for meth. Unless he just started using? How fast does it take to experience facial changes? I mean, he didn't have great skin . . .

We observed cases where there were significant facial changes over a period of as little as 3 months, but more typically 18-36 months. By significant facial changes I mean that a state of the art facial recognition system would assign a low matching score when comparing the faces.

We don't see these sorts of facial changes with the McCroskey images and we do have some historical images to compare to.

Yeah thats what makes me somewhat discredit drug use, most drugs make you lose weight, but he looks a tad hefty to me.
Although it could have been something new to him.

I'd guess meth too if he's on drugs but he could have been strung out on roxies/oxies, tripping on a lot of cid or shrooms, whippits, freon, etc. There are a lot of drugs that can unbalance you, depending on how much he may have done or in what combinations. That could also explain why he doesn't speak to the police and has spent most of his time asleep, could be withdrawling.

Then again, you'd think that tidbit would have been released by now to explain at least some of the horrific aspects of the murders.

I haven't seen any evidence of harder drugs being used at STFW, just some weed and alcohol. But you know it's an underground event and I find that a bit hard to believe actually. We know that McCroskey's sister used a variety of chemical additives for example. She's reportedly not doing that sort of thing any more BTW, I'm just saying it seems likely that other drugs were used by some of the attendees of this event. Comparing his YouTube postings to his sister's, Sam seems like he was more of a drinker than anything else. Hard to say I guess.

Has anyone ever posted on that site that had something actually published, i mean comment wise?

There is at least one poster here who was published there. Or someone using the same handle.

Yeah thats what makes me somewhat discredit drug use, most drugs make you lose weight, but he looks a tad hefty to me.
Although it could have been something new to him.

It's really hard to say from images when you don't know everything about the sources, but examining the images we have it looks like he gained weight over the past year or two.

Two drugs that do lead to weight gain in many cases would be weed and alcohol. But maybe he just likes to eat and he's not getting much exercise. No way to say.

It's really hard to say from images when you don't know everything about the sources, but examining the images we have it looks like he gained weight over the past year or two.

Two drugs that do lead to weight gain in many cases would be weed and alcohol. But maybe he just likes to eat and he's not getting much exercise. No way to say.

I agree about the weed and alcohol. I've done my fair share unfortunately, but if I recall correctly it was stated somewhere that he loved to run, well don't you think running would have helped that situation? I run and I don't gain weight. I may not lose a lot but I don't gain any either.

I know a few bigger guys that love oxies and vics . . . Along with weed and alcohol.

I agree about the weed and alcohol. I've done my fair share unfortunately, but if I recall correctly it was stated somewhere that he loved to run, well don't you think running would have helped that situation? I run and I don't gain weight. I may not lose a lot but I don't gain any either.

I missed the running thing. Interesting.

I missed the running thing. Interesting.

Yeah I'll have to find where I saw that. I know his sister commented on it once and I believe his myspace mentioned going for a jog once.

I know a few bigger guys that love oxies and vics . . . Along with weed and alcohol.

Sure.

One of my college roommates got involved with cocaine way back in the day. He was a big guy and I think one of the things he liked about it was that it made him lose weight. But even when he was dealing you never would have called him skinny exactly. He was smaller, but still pretty large if you catch my drift.

So really anything is possible here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member