VA - Eric Williamson for indecent exposure, Springfield, 2009

He's planning on suing LE, not the woman who reported him. As long as we're all into assuming things on this thread, I'll just assume he's looking for bigger pockets.

ETA Although he may not have heard of pockets. :)

This reminds me of another story I heard. A lady calls 911 to report her neighbor for being naked and passing by his window. When the police came out they asked her where she was standing when she saw the guy and she told them in her bathroom. They went up to her bathroom and looked out but they could not understand how she was able to even see him. She told them "well if you stand right here up on this stool like I did you can see him just fine".:crazy:

I think this is much ado about nothing.

imo

I'm not defending the woman for calling the police on this man. Personally, I would have laughed and covered my kid's eyes. But 5:30 a.m. is a pretty busy time in my neighborhood, with people getting off to work, walking dogs, etc. I'm just saying the man should have known he could be seen. Where do you draw the line between innocently being naked in your front window and standing there waggling your danglies at the schoolkids walking by? There are some limits to your right to be naked in your house. (BTW, I can see his (clothed) crotch in the video taken outside his house.)

5:30 AM is a time when some are getting off to work, walking the dog, etc. However, it is not a time when children are normally out and about, and it is certainly not a time when I would be expecting any one to come onto my property, using it as a short cut.

I read that the woman and her child accessed the yard from a pathway which ran behind his home. I think it is possible that the two windows we see are actually on the side of his house, not the front. IOW, she accessed his yard from the back, walked up the side of the house toward the front yard and peeped into his windows.

I don't think LE will ever be able to prove intent to expose himself, so I think he'll beat this charge. God help us if a guy minding his own business in his own home can be charged equally with a nasty man in a raincoat who is wanging his weiner out at kids at a bus stop!

An Obituary printed in the London Times - Interesting and
sadly rather true.
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common
Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for
sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago
lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as
having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

- knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- why the early bird gets the worm;
- life isn't always fair;
- and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies
(don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies
(adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when
well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in
place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual
harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from
school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired
for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his
condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for
doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in
disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get
parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a
student; but could not inform parents when a student became
pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became
businesses; and criminals received better treatment than
their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend
yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar
could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman
failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She
spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge
settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth
and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter,
Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;
I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was
gone.

5:30 AM is a time when some are getting off to work, walking the dog, etc. However, it is not a time when children are normally out and about, and it is certainly not a time when I would be expecting any one to come onto my property, using it as a short cut.

I read that the woman and her child accessed the yard from a pathway which ran behind his home. I think it is possible that the two windows we see are actually on the side of his house, not the front. IOW, she accessed his yard from the back, walked up the side of the house toward the front yard and peeped into his windows.

I don't think LE will ever be able to prove intent to expose himself, so I think he'll beat this charge. God help us if a guy minding his own business in his own home can be charged equally with a nasty man in a raincoat who is wanging his weiner out at kids at a bus stop!

I've checked his house out on Google Maps, and there is a wooded area with paths behind the house (which is a garden home -- just a few feet from the neighbors on both sides.) There are walks between the houses, and the front yards are very small. Now, I'm thinking she may have looked in a side window because the front yards are so small and they have sidewalks, so it would make no sense to cut through the tiny front yard -- but it would make sense to cut through by going to the street via the walkway separating the garden homes. That side walkway would have put her within a foot or two of his window, so not sure you could say she was invading his privacy. On the other hand, I sure don't think he would have expected someone to be walking on that little side walkway at that time.

I've checked his house out on Google Maps, and there is a wooded area with paths behind the house (which is a garden home -- just a few feet from the neighbors on both sides.) There are walks between the houses, and the front yards are very small. Now, I'm thinking she may have looked in a side window because the front yards are so small and they have sidewalks, so it would make no sense to cut through the tiny front yard -- but it would make sense to cut through by going to the street via the walkway separating the garden homes. That side walkway would have put her within a foot or two of his window, so not sure you could say she was invading his privacy. On the other hand, I sure don't think he would have expected someone to be walking on that little side walkway at that time.

That is exactly the conclusion I came to!

I was more outraged about this story before I read that the woman and boy were walking by his front window, which, as you can see by the picture in this article, is practically a picture window. Being naked in your own home is one thing; being naked in front of your front window with the curtains open and the light on when it's dark outside is something different. He'd have to be an idiot to not know he could be seen from the street.
Picture of him (clothed) in the window-- http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-naked-kitchen,0,7977988.story

That pic shows that he has curtains which should have been drawn, imo.

For all we know this guy could be an exibitionist, who likes to expose himself to passers-by, or it could have been entirely innocent. I certainly hope that he learns fromthis experience to draw the curtains closed each night before going to bed, and only opens them when he is clothed.

I am OBSESSIVE about keeping my blinds closed, and it shocks me to see how many people leave theirs open allowing anyone walking by to see the layout of their home, who is in the home, their routine, their nakedness etc. Its sooooo dangerous. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they can't see you and your family.

For everyone who thinks this man did nothing wrong, I ask you this. Would you allow your children (regardless of their age) to walk around the house naked where anyone passing by could see them?
Hopefully the answer to that is NO, because we do everything we can to protct them from harm. We should do the same for ourselves.
It's more about self -protection than anything else.
And yeah, i agree that the woman had no business being in the mans yard to begin with.
JMO

That pic shows that he has curtains which should have been drawn, imo.

For all we know this guy could be an exibitionist, who likes to expose himself to passers-by, or it could have been entirely innocent. I certainly hope that he learns fromthis experience to draw the curtains closed each night before going to bed, and only opens them when he is clothed.

I am OBSESSIVE about keeping my blinds closed, and it shocks me to see how many people leave theirs open allowing anyone walking by to see the layout of their home, who is in the home, their routine, their nakedness etc. Its sooooo dangerous. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they can't see you and your family.

For everyone who thinks this man did nothing wrong, I ask you this. Would you allow your children (regardless of their age) to walk around the house naked where anyone passing by could see them?
Hopefully the answer to that is NO, because we do everything we can to protct them from harm. We should do the same for ourselves.
It's more about self -protection than anything else.
And yeah, i agree that the woman had no business being in the mans yard to begin with.
JMO

So what this boils down to is that his curtains should have been drawn? Well tsk tsk, then why don't they warn him and then move on? This is utterly ridiculous and a waste of taxpayer money.

I don't understand the anaology that we wouldn't let our kids walk around naked in the house for their protection, so this man should not be naked in his own home for...his protection? Maybe he doesn't have a family and isn't living in fear and just happened to wander out at O'Dark Thirty in the morning to make some coffee and forgot his drapes were open.

My gosh, at 5:30 in the morning I would be in a giant head fog, and I've walked around naked in the house and figured, "if they havent' seen it by now they never will" cuz sometimes I'm just be too lazy to put a robe on to dart from one room to another.

Here's a thought - THEY SHOULDN'T BE LOOKING IN MY WINDOW. TURN AWAY. SHOW SOME DECENCY YOURSELF LADY.

It's different if someone stands in front of the window trying to be seen, we can all recognize the difference in intent here. Stumbling to the kitchen at 5:30 in the morning to make coffee isn't intending to be seen or displaying oneself illegally.

A dog knows the difference between intent whether you are kicking him in anger or tripping over him. Surely we can tell the difference.

So what this boils down to is that his curtains should have been drawn? Well tsk tsk, then why don't they warn him and then move on? This is utterly ridiculous and a waste of taxpayer money.

I don't understand the anaology that we wouldn't let our kids walk around naked in the house for their protection, so this man should not be naked in his own home for...his protection? Maybe he doesn't have a family and isn't living in fear and just happened to wander out at O'Dark Thirty in the morning to make some coffee and forgot his drapes were open.

My gosh, at 5:30 in the morning I would be in a giant head fog, and I've walked around naked in the house and figured, "if they havent' seen it by now they never will" cuz sometimes I'm just be too lazy to put a robe on to dart from one room to another.

Here's a thought - THEY SHOULDN'T BE LOOKING IN MY WINDOW. TURN AWAY. SHOW SOME DECENCY YOURSELF LADY.

It's different if someone stands in front of the window trying to be seen, we can all recognize the difference in intent here. Stumbling to the kitchen at 5:30 in the morning to make coffee isn't intending to be seen or displaying oneself illegally.

A dog knows the difference between intent whether you are kicking him in anger or tripping over him. Surely we can tell the difference.

We have no idea what this man's intent was. For all we know, that lady and boy walk by every day at that time and he knows it. We only have his word that he was innocently making coffee. LE and the prosecuter, in fact, have decided that he did intend to be seen. Maybe there is more to this than what we've been informed of, almost all of which comes from the man so far.

I have two children (now oldish adults) and neither one of them at any age would have freaked out seeing a nude man making coffee in his home. I would not have freaked either. I might have felt like I was invading his privacy but that's it. We probably would have been making jokes about it all day though. :crazy:

I'm just taking this story as reported. If something else untoward happened, I obviously can't comment on that.

A bit more info:
"Williamson was making coffee in the buff at 5:30am and standing by his kitchen window when a woman and her seven-year-old son walked along a path by his home in Springfield. The woman then called the police.
Fairfax County Police spokeswoman Mary Ann Jennings said the woman claimed Williamson then moved and exposed himself again through a large front window.
. . .
Ms Jennings said the police would not pursue a case based on inadvertent exposure."
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...ed-In-His-Own-Kitchen/Article/200910315410967

AND

"The mother, who was walking her son to the school bus stop, told police it happened at 8:30 a.m. "She says she heard a noise, looked over and saw a naked man standing in the open doorway, that carport doorway, and that she quickly got on the sidewalk and started to pass by the house and once again saw the same naked man in one of the front windows," police spokeswoman Mary Ann Jennings said.
. . .

Williamson was acting strange Monday morning, the roommate said.
"We wake up to Eric running around the house with nothing but a work hardhat on, butt naked," the roommate said.
"I was upstairs, downstairs without clothes on for several hours," Williamson told NBC4 Wednesday. "And then I ended up putting pants on when I guess that act got old I ended up putting some pants on."
Williamson said he doesn't have an exact time frame for when he was naked and when he was clothed."
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...er-Being-Seen-Naked-in-His-Home-65316082.html

Lots of differing stories.

I think he was baiting this woman the second time, and that's what led to the charges, IF the woman is telling the truth.

Wait...she called the police before he moved to the front window, while he was at the kitchen window? What for? Is the kitchen window full length?

Edited to add: I see all the different stories. Weird.

Williamson was acting strange Monday morning, the roommate said.
"We wake up to Eric running around the house with nothing but a work hardhat on, butt naked," the roommate said.
"I was upstairs, downstairs without clothes on for several hours," Williamson told NBC4 Wednesday. "And then I ended up putting pants on when I guess that act got old I ended up putting some pants on."
Williamson said he doesn't have an exact time frame for when he was naked and when he was clothed."
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...er-Being-Seen-Naked-in-His-Home-65316082.html

Lots of differing stories.

respectfully snipped

1. Does Williamson look like the guy pictured at the link? Because I have a feeling she wouldn't be complaining if'n he did. :D

2. The fact that Jennings has a 7 year-old son leads me to believe she's seen a naked man once or twice before.

3. This could've been the perfect lead-in for The Talk about the birds and the bees.

4. Williamson's housemates are currently searching the want ads for a new roomie.

respectfully snipped

1. Does Williamson look like the guy pictured at the link? Because I have a feeling she wouldn't be complaining if'n he did. :D

2. The fact that Jennings has a 7 year-old son leads me to believe she's seen a naked man once or twice before.

3. This could've been the perfect lead-in for The Talk about the birds and the bees.

4. Williamson's housemates are currently searching the want ads for a new roomie.

Yeah, I would have posted that link even if there wasn't additional information there. :dance:

After seeing him (clothed) in the window, couldn't help but notice the shrubery in front, which looks to me like it blocks the view of any "private parts", so how did this woman know if he was fully naked.

Because she was jumping in the air to get a better look? :waitasec:

Hubby and I saw a neked woman one time at her front door. Hubby nearly wrecked the car! We didn't call the cops. He just slowed down the next time we passed her house. :angel:

Two ruminations:
1: Steadfast, it seems as if you WANT him to be guilty of something, whatever it might be.

2: If the genders were reversed, how could anyone reasonably doubt that the man in the yard would be arrested as a peeping tom?
You can bet he would be.

I hope he wins everything.

Two ruminations:
1: Steadfast, it seems as if you WANT him to be guilty of something, whatever it might be.

2: If the genders were reversed, how could anyone reasonably doubt that the man in the yard would be arrested as a peeping tom?
You can bet he would be.

I hope he wins everything.

I was just trying to counteract all the assumptions being posted. I don't really care where this case goes. BTW, reading the rules and etiquette thread is always a good idea for new posters.

This story reminded me of something that happened years ago.
When I was 10 yo I went out to California with my mother to visit a friend of hers. One day, in the middle of the afternoon I was in a car with my mother driving through a neighborhood, when my mother spotted a woman in her front yard. Now she was wearing clothes, however, she was bending over to work on her flowers and was wearing a dress, without wearing any underwear! She was mooning us as we drove by.
It was surprising and I remember my mothers reaction was to laugh, because, well in all honesty it was funny!! Neither of us thought, oh wow we need to let the police know that this very large woman is in her front yard showing her behind. Her dress was not short, but with her bending over like she did it revealed way to much!! I've never forgotten it and I'm sure my mother didn't either.

VB

This whole case is nuts. All the women had to do was not look into his home. Keep your eyes on the road ahead and there is no problem. Prosecutor should be ashamed for wasting money bringing charges in this case.

I was just trying to counteract all the assumptions being posted. I don't really care where this case goes. BTW, reading the rules and etiquette thread is always a good idea for new posters.

After reading what the other guy who lives in the house said, I'm kind of curious. I was thinking that maybe he heard a noise and ran to the door and checked on it, then to the window, BUT the roomie said he was running around in nothing but a hard hat?

This is an odd case, that's for sure!

After reading what the other guy who lives in the house said, I'm kind of curious. I was thinking that maybe he heard a noise and ran to the door and checked on it, then to the window, BUT the roomie said he was running around in nothing but a hard hat?

This is an odd case, that's for sure!

BBM

Please tell me he was singing "YMCA"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member