VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-journalist-sheds-light-jesse-matthew

Journalist relates circumstances of a prior encounter with POI. I had previously noted the name of this victim in the court records of one of PIO's priors (the most serious one--the assault). Interesting.

Thank you. That explains the larceny charge (he grabbed the iPhone from Wilke).

What I find interesting is his sudden angry outburst with almost immediate contrition, and the comment that he seemed depressed almost suicidal. It sounds like he's borderline personality, IMO. (I'm not a psychologist, but I've known plenty of people diagnosed borderline)

After being 'stiffed' twice in one night, he no doubt was pissed and driving about stewing over it (do cab drivers have to reimburse their company for missed fares? did the company report the thefts to police?). Then this incident triggered something and his reaction was way out of proportion.

So regarding Hannah. When I saw the video of them walking together, I felt she was going along willingly. Their strides were in step, there was no sign that she was lagging or trying to pull away. For whatever reason he had to approach her, IMO she accepted his company. There is no indication she didn't go willingly into Tempo's. If we are to believe mom-to-grandma-to reporter-to DM story, he bought her a drink. But after that, they go their separate ways (according to the same story). If she rejected him, sexually or otherwise, did that borderline-like behavior kick in again? Did he feel he'd been used? Did something happen again that he immediately regretted, and he panicked?

Curious.

As an aside, someone responded to me earlier that the result (nolle prosequi) didn't mean charges were dropped. However this attorney told the reporter they were, and describing how the *advertiser censored*'t CA asked him if he minded if the charges were dropped.

Absolutely. That is why I disagree with people coming into these threads and saying that only hero worship of LE should be allowed and no one should question LE.

I hear you. I had to leave the Mike Brown shooting thread for my sanity. No one could get away with questioning police tactics or suggesting that the investigation was botched. Generally I respect and appreciate LE..............unless I smell a rat. JMO

I disagree, since he was following Hannah with the fear she might be in trouble. I do not think it is suspicious, necessarily,that he was so far off, but it is very shocking to me. Not the same as passing someone casually.

So are you saying you can describe your cashier and their hairstyle?

Post 667 this thread, cut and pasted below:

Laura French @lfrenchnews · 3m
Police:White man seen following Hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was #Matthew

Laura French @lfrenchnews · 3m
CONT: Police: There was not another individual with #Hannah that witness saw. Description of hair was inaccurate.

In my opinion this person has not been identified as being police. I read it as "per the police as a source ".....

White man seen following Hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was #Matthew. There was not another individual with #Hannah that witness saw. Description of hair was inaccurate.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I keep reading weird statements about his hair being braided or close to his head - if you look at the recent photo on that wanted poster, his hair is quite long and in the surveillance video of him walking you can see it a little down his back, sort of pulled back.

Regardless of opinions on the WG and what he said/ how it was interpreted/ why he might of said it/ what LE released publicly, I think it's pretty clear from visual evidence that his hair doesn't look anything like a bald head...

I'm a psychologist and it makes sense to me. People have cognitive paradigm's of what they think certain people look like, they group them to what is their norm. For all the people he may have seen that night (especially if he was a bouncer or security of some kind), not knowing what was significant at the time, it makes perfect sense. A big black guy may have dreads, but he's not paying attention to them so by morning, the brain kind of buckets that info into what you're cognitive paradigm looks like for "black guys" and maybe to him, his memory is then someone that looks like Shug Knight. It's a weird thing and yeah, it seems like he should have been able to do a better description but beyond that, LE has indicated that WG is of no concern but a witness (they must have reason to think this) and even after the time of what he saw, there is video showing JM with her and then they're at Tempo together...so no reason to think that the bald/dreads thing is any more than just an explainable memory fog. The FBI is on this too, remember that. They have experts in this area and are probably advising LE to not worry about that discrepancy.

Charlottesville police Capt. Gary Pleasants said the witness came forward Wednesday night after two more grainy surveillance videos were released of Hannah E. Graham from the Downtown Mall.

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-w...eshman-surveillance-videos-show-hannah-graham

That man has come forward to police, saying the teen seemed physically distressed and he "wanted to make sure she got safely wherever she was going," reports the station. He also reportedly called in to a tipline with the information.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/witness-says-man-put-arm-around-missing-university-of-virginia-student/

He's a cop? He took 4 days to come in. He called the tip line. He's a cop?

And the Mercury article says JM was NOT seen on video...good grief. Or that is how I read it.

I disagree, since he was following Hannah with the fear she might be in trouble. I do not think it is suspicious, necessarily,that he was so far off, but it is very shocking to me. Not the same as passing someone casually.

He may have been concerned in the moment but he backed off after Hannah was approached by Jesse Mathew. Maybe 4-5 days passed before he came forward with what he saw, I would assume that his memory had faded over those days because he wasn't still worried about the girl he saw. His encounter with JM was mere moments, he probably didn't study the other man with a critical eye. The amount of accurate information he did remember strikes me as completely appropriate for someone recalling an encounter days later.

THE REPORTER IS CONFIRMING WG IS A POLICE OFFICER....

You read first tweet followed by second as a complete sentence...
Ignoring hash tags as part of sentence....

I respectfully disagree. I believe the "police" was used as the source of her information, as in (according to) police...

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? LOL

Hash tags can be inserted in the tweet or after. She says that the man WG described was #mathew. Then says Police: ... indicating police state that the bald description was incorrect.

So are you saying you can describe your cashier and their hairstyle?

My cashier was not following a young woman I thought was in distress...and then seemed to be known to her. That is what WG was watching..not just seeing by chance.

As an aside, someone responded to me earlier that the result (nolle prosequi) didn't mean charges were dropped. However this attorney told the reporter they were, and describing how the *advertiser censored*'t CA asked him if he minded if the charges were dropped.

NP'ed means dropped at that moment but can be picked back up by state at a later date. However, you can get an NP'ed charge expunged from public and state police record usually.

Absolutely. That is why I disagree with people coming into these threads and saying that only hero worship of LE should be allowed and no one should question LE.

I don't believe in any absolutes either way so of course LE is not above reproach but there does seen to be much unjustified criticism of LE in this case in my opinion..much moreso than there is of te POI who like be actually responsible for this crime..there needs to be a balance based on fact and logic..

What are most people expecting from forensics? To say Hannah was in his car or apartment? And then what will happen?

Clu, I think she struggled in his car. When I saw the car window was damage, my heart sank. She is tall. If he tried to choke her or hit her, she would have fought back, damaging the passenger side window with her feet. If this happen they would have maybe blood, her hair, etc.

What next? They went back to his home again. So I think they found something whiich could lead to his arrest, imo.

I disagree. .. the word "police" followed by a colon appears at the beginning of both tweets to identify the source. If it were followed by a period in the second tweet I would agree with you. I do not believe WG is LE.

Not seeing where WG is a cop...anyone???

I've seen those tweets, no idea if they are factual. I have posted here that I thought Chief Longo said the WM was "undercover" when he was asked about him during the Sunday Press conference, and asked if anyone else heard that? It seems I'm the only one who thinks he said that though....? I'm going off to listen to it again.

And the Mercury article says JM was NOT seen on video...good grief. Or that is how I read it.

The article was written:

Posted: 09/18/2014 08:18:13 AM PDT
Updated: 09/18/2014 08:24:57 AM PDT

Before the police saw the (shadow) remember.?Then after another look they realized it was not a shadow but a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim