VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's been answered already but...

Friday
9/12/14 - 6:00 PM - 74 degrees
9/12/14 - 8:00 PM - 71 degrees
9/12/14 -10:00 PM - 68 degrees

Saturday
9/13/14 - 12:00 AM until 4:30 AM 65 degrees

(It's a bit of a pet peeve)
So she wasn't running to stay warm.

I know it's been answered already but...

Friday
9/12/14 - 6:00 PM - 74 degrees
9/12/14 - 8:00 PM - 71 degrees
9/12/14 -10:00 PM - 68 degrees

Saturday
9/13/14 - 12:00 AM until 4:30 AM 65 degrees

(It's a bit of a pet peeve)
Sarx, would hypothermia be a possibility, given her clothing and possibly intoxicated state?

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 8m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police now have two new videos of #hannahgraham walking on the downtown mall.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 5m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: First video shows a man walking in front of #hannahgraham. He then stops & is then seen walking behind her.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 4m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: Second video (2 mins later) shows #hannahgraham walking w/ a woman w/ the same unidentified man behind them.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 3m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police say video quality is not good and will release videos tomorrow to press.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 2m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police say video from Sal's Restaurant is time stamped at 1:06 AM. Tuel Jewelers video is from at 1:08 AM.

This case will be covered by Greta tomorrow night....I think. Sounds like it will mostly be about MH. It makes me sad that Hannah is not the main subject. I get that MHs parents are involved in missing women cases....and, there hasn't been an arrest in MHs case....but, this should be about Hannah! Not how Hannah missing could lead to answers about MH. I know many here disagree with me and any chance to get MH in the news is jumped on. Just think that until Hannah is found....this should be about her.

Does anyone have a link to the videos? Not the nbc link - that video cuts short the original video shown by LE at the presser. The video shown at the presser showed HG stopping for a minute, in the street, outside of Mcgrady's. When she continued on I thought I saw two people in the street perpendicular to her. I was wondering if they called out to her and that is why she stopped. TIA

I'm just starting to read about this case. This is the video I came across, not sure if it's what you're looking for.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...-hannah-elizabeth-graham-reported-107232.html

I notice the tweets say the man is unidentified but don't use that word about the woman. So do they know who the female is?

For reference, these two businesses are virtually in the middle of the pedestrian mall

I'm relieved to read this, as my first thought was that it may be connected with the Morgan Harrington case:

"At least three other young women have disappeared in the area in the last five years.

Police said there was no indication Graham's disappearance was linked to any of the other cases, but Mooney said the rural area where Morgan Harrington's remains were found has been checked just in case. Harrington, a Virginia Tech student, disappeared in 2009 while attending a rock concert at the University of Virginia's John Paul Jones Arena. No arrests have been made in that case."

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...eth-graham-reported-107232.html#ixzz3DcpSXD85

I agree with this. I have a feeling that the disappeared tweet might be confirmed later….slipped out before they wanted it released. It is where I am focused on at this point if it is indeed true. The chief got pretty fired up when speaking about individuals coming forward….wondering if they are waiting to hear from this female. Perhaps someone she knew or someone she started chatting with while walking downtown?? I'm past the earlier sightings and am anxious to hear more about the sightings in the Downtown Mall area. I live in Harrisonburg and am familiar with the Downtown Mall area. Just went to a concert there this summer and it does have great restaurants and some interesting shopping. However, I would not want to be wandering down there late at night by myself with no vehicle. JMO

The now disappeared tweet could be the key to this. If she was last seen walking with another girl downtown, then whatever happened to her very well could have been perpetrated by someone she knew. JMO.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 8m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police now have two new videos of #hannahgraham walking on the downtown mall.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 5m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: First video shows a man walking in front of #hannahgraham. He then stops & is then seen walking behind her.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 4m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: Second video (2 mins later) shows #hannahgraham walking w/ a woman w/ the same unidentified man behind them.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 3m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police say video quality is not good and will release videos tomorrow to press.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 2m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police say video from Sal's Restaurant is time stamped at 1:06 AM. Tuel Jewelers video is from at 1:08 AM.

This is the break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting!!!

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 8m

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 5m

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 4m

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 3m

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 2m

Sarx, would hypothermia be a possibility, given her clothing and possibly intoxicated state?
I'm not Sarx and hopefully not stepping on toes, but the answer is yes...especially if intoxicated and passed out, it's possible her body may not go through the normal process of heating itself (shivering, etc.)I

That said, in a normal, healthy person, 65 degrees would not cause hypothermia, and most often would not cause it in someone healthy and passed out drunk.

But yes, it is possible.

Someone confirm distance for me... she made it from the Shell to the middle of downtown mall in 9 minutes? How fast was she going?

In all fairness, it is not always possible to find someone to walk with. In college, I would always have preferred to walk with a friend, but I didn't always have a friend who was going where I wanted to go, and it was not practical to always take a cab (which could take hours to arrive). I tried to use common sense and stay in well-trafficked areas. Staying at home 24/7 would probably be safer than driving in car, but even now I weigh safety against having a life.

Yep. This. Some people never put themselves in less than safe situations. Some people take calculated risks. I do things alone, as a woman, that even my family criticize me for. It is a calculated risk. I would rather live a potentially shorter life on my terms than to live a longer one where I don't get to pursue my dreams and my passions for safety reasons. I've been lucky and smart about it, but I've had some near misses.

For the record, college age men wander off on their own as well, and if you've followed the alleged smiley face killings, you'll know that drunk college guy + water = Danger, danger, Will Robinson, complete with flailing robot arms.

2,700 teenagers died in car accidents in 2010. That is a far bigger risk than murder, but people don't blame teenagers for driving. She made a choice to walk alone. In hindsight, that was probably not the best call, but it is a call that hundreds of thousands of college age women make every weekend and it end badly for very, very few.

Being a teenager and a college kid is about learning to balance fun and responsibility, risk and reward, safety and independence. It is awful that a relatively small number of them lose this battle, but we cannot wrap them in bubble wrap.

Interesting!!!

It's 2014. Can't standard surveillance equipment be capable of producing crystal clear images at this point in time? It's such a hindrance in these types of cases and seems like by now it should no longer be an issue!

I agree with most all that has been said. I still can't help but think the text "lost around 14th and Wertland" is odd for a 18 year to text to friends. It seems more like directional a point obtained by someone else but used to alleviate worry to friends to buy time. Especially since the phone was shut off or died immediately after.
I hope I am way off and she is somewhere slightly injured and somewhat disoriented but ok.

Your post made me think that perhaps Hannah dropped the phone and someone found it and texted that sort of as an indication that the phone was lost. Or it could be, as I mentioned yesterday, that someone
texted that after abducting her ...

Someone confirm distance for me... she made it from the Shell to the middle of downtown mall in 9 minutes? How fast was she going?

She made it there pretty quickly, yes. But if she were walking quickly and jogging at points, then it is possible. It is a half a mile

I came up with something more along these lines for the most likely route she took: https://goo.gl/maps/VkHNr

There are other ways she could have gone, but this appears to be the most direct. And it looks to me like she was moving in a quite deliberate direct direction. I don't think she's wandering.

Except that in the McGrady's video she is shown approaching it from the east, and then after circling the outdoor deck, she heads back in the direction she came from. To me it seems as if she were looking for someplace familiar to help her figure out where she was.

Hey guys and gals! I'm trying to catch back up! I didn't have a chance to read all of the action today at work. Does anyone have a copy of the presser? I would really like to start there and then see all the new stuff! It looks like we have some great new videos that will hopefully lead us to find Hannah. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie