VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Paulson. His ranting did not make me listen to him. I questioned his judgment and worried that if our public officials couldn't get a grip on themselves, they most certainly couldn't get a grip on the economy.,

Some people are more emotional than others. It doesn't mean they can't do their jobs. Not everyone has a stiff upper lip, and a little passion now and then just means you're alive and that you give a darn.

Yesterday I was concerned about the PD's surveillance of JM. If they wanted to make sure to track him they needed to use a helicopter, not just a car.

okay.so confused...so the car sped away from a home not the police dept??

oy vey

He made a comment in the conference that they had "OVERT not COVERT" surveillance (LE was following him and not trying to hide it) on LM and what I heard them say or suggest was that 15 minutes after he left the station he began speeding and trying to lose the vehicle that was trailing him. Maybe I got that wrong....

Reckless driving warrant issued for person of interest in Hannah Graham investigation
At a Sunday news conference, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said investigators were "overtly" trailing Jesse Matthew on Saturday and tracked him to a home in Albermarle County. Longo said Matthew then drove away from the home at a high rate of speed.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-p...uled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918
I wonder if the home was by any chance a "farm"? This case has wayyy to many "coincidences" etc, with another certain missing person case to not be looked at seriously.

Just watching the presser now. Boy...is it ever easy to tell that Longo is also a lawyer.

He sounds like a prosecutor giving closing arguments in an effort to sway the jury one last time.

Since Longo again in this press conference said if anyone saw HG in JM's car or getting into his car we would like you to tell us this makes me think they have no eye witnesses that saw HG in JM car or HG getting into his car.

Or they do and are looking for corroboration.

Yes, Longo said JM entered the police station late yesterday afternoon. The detective (not Longo) said JM was there for nearly an hour. But there was no follow up on whether or not the police were able to question him before he asked for a lawyer. SO did the police get him to answer any questions?

Yes, Longo said JM asked for a lawyer, and they got him one. Lawyer and JM left the police station together, but Longo didn't want to reveal lawyer's name because he didn't know whether or not JM had retained the lawyer.

There 's a new tactic. Go to the police station and request a lawyer!

Theory: LE know exactly where LJM is and they are watching him. They gave up the chase intentionally so they can track him because they lack some critical evidence (either a link or the ultimate evidence, probably both). They've got enough to arrest him but they don't want to right now because he is shrewd and still has contacts and leads of his own. LE clearly has evidence not yet disclosed. Longo's histrionics were not particularly helpful. Family comments were. More people need to come forward, no doubt about it. Please help. Time may have run out for HG, but not for justice. Just my opinion.

I could be wrong, but I do not think they have enough to arrest him. Yes, we all saw through the media them taking out bags of stuff. For all we know all that could have been in there was the shoes he wore, the outfit he was wearing from that night. There is concern that he ran, but nobody knows what was said to him. Maybe they interrogated to the point of discomfort. We do not know what the two of them did together. There is always that chance that they hooked up in his car. Her DNA and is will be all over the place. That still does not mean he was the one responsible. Just my thoughts on the matter. I agree people come forward, even if they fill like what they have to say is insignificant, do it anyways folks.

The parents said Hannah was interested in a career where she would be helping people. They mentioned her trip this past year doing just that. My question is that if she may have met LM in a health science type class or an intern type thing at the hospital where he worked? Just trying to think how and when they would have met...

THATS WHAT I'M SAYING!

Some articles have said she is a nursing student and some people on here say she is not. Maybe they knew each other. They may have met where he worked at the University of Virginia medical center. I just find it weird that would have his arm around a complete stranger. But maybe he was just helping her walk but I doubt that because she seemed to be walking fine at McGrady's before going into the mall. A person on here did say they know someone who knows JM and they said he is creepy around girls and doesn't have a sense of personal space so maybe he did not know her and puts his arm around her.

He made a comment in the conference that they had "OVERT not COVERT" surveillance (LE was following him and not trying to hide it) on LM and what I heard them say or suggest was that 15 minutes after he left the station he began speeding and trying to lose the vehicle that was trailing him. Maybe I got that wrong....

I remember that as well. He very strongly stresses OVERTLY.

Question about the motive for HG and JM going to Tempos? Why go there? Were there not other bars that she could have gone to that wouldn't lead them off E Main St? Apparently his car was on 4th st but Tempos is on 5th St. If Tempos was HG's destination all along, she was walking on the side of the road that would lead her to turn on the block instead of crossing traffic. There were no other bars in the direction she was heading on E Main St.

I think Tempos was her destination all along for whatever reason. The end of the Mall was just one more block it looks like down from 5th St.

Who said his car was on 4th street??

There have been this many and more over the years. One time - and maybe more than one - the whole site went down. If I recall correctly it was with Hailey in Florida and Cayley Anthony.

I remember a long time ago I was a member when Kyron Horman went missing....that was a big one too for a long time. I still hate they never found him.

I watched it on CNN and afterwards the newsperson asked Jean C if the Police could hold him for the Reckless driving charges- she said "Yes" and shrugged, "but not for long, these are misdemeanor charges"..

Yeah, when he went to court for his hearing he would get let go more likely than not. I was talking about the magistrate.

I've been on WS for quite a while, but this is the first time posting in this thread. I hope it's Jesse, but if he's not the perp, then IMO they've made his life a living hell. My next door neighbor is a homicide detective. Several years ago 2 cops came to talk to my son about a graffiti incident at our HS. They said that they knew he wasn't involved but might have been a witness. We gladly allowed them to talk to my son. They spoke to him about a half hour. We have no idea what came of the incident. The next day my husband mentioned it to my neighbor, the homicide detective and he said never talk to the cops! He then said if you're ever asked to go down to a precent to answer questions, first get a lawyer. We were surprised, needless to say. I'm only rambling,because I keep thinking of the Olympic bombing and the poor guy that was accused and later proven to be innocent.

What a strange thing for your neighbor to say. We have talked to the police about a number of things. They sure do get a bad rap. My dad is a 25 year veteran police officer. Most of them are salt of the earth, good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592