VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few tidbits from presser I don't think I've seen posted:

- she interacted with doorman at McGrady's and was turned away
- VA Dept. Of Forensic Science is lab processing what was recovered from car and apt searches
- JM came to police station right after media left, wanted lawyer, given names, not sure if retained, was there about an hour
- was outside city limits, east in Albemarle County when had the reckless driving
- community search winds down after today but focused SAR work by professional and volunteer agencies will continue
- SAR coordinator did briefing Friday night instead of daughters birthday, and was happy to do it
- looking at time period of 1:20 - 1:40 for anyone getting in orange car in particular

I know this case is absolutely nothing like Lacie Peterson...but I will say that LE knew Scott Peterson was their man, but they knew they needed a body to give the case legs. I guess people here would criticize LE for focusing on Scott, but they knew. How did they know...circumstantial and behavioral. There was absolutely no physical evidence...no blood, no struggle. Thoughts???

Not to mention the whole, knowing the exact size of the missing umbrella thing

The police do NOT break off pursuits of murder suspects. Just doesn't happen.

Who do we think was in the car with JM when he fled? I'm thinking long time (or live in?) GF?

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/09/20/person-of-interest-hannah-graham/15963971/

"CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WUSA9) -- Volunteers and authorities continue to search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham Sunday.

In a press conference Sunday afternoon, Chief Longo said Jesse Matthew, a person of interest, came to the Charlottesville Police Department Saturday afternoon and asked for the name of a lawyer. Police did not speak with Matthew, who sped away from the police station and is now wanted for reckless driving, Chief Longo said"

Hopefully they put a rush on the forensics from the car and apartment, if they have forensic evidence at all it can take some time to process by the state or FBI even with a rush.

We can not say with certainty that they either have or do not have forensic evidence that links JM to HG in the car and/or apartment at this juncture.

We will have to wait until it is processed and analyzed by the lab and then released by LE to the public.

LE has to know where he is!!!...they are waiting for perfect time to bring him in as soon as the forensics are ready. (Tuesday latest?) I'm thinking they make an arrest Monday afternoon, JLM can't post bond til Tuesday but the forensics will be ready by then and they can press charges for HG disappearance. If arrest for reckless driving right now they may not be able to hold him that long on those charges...
This is all JMO

Until Hannah is found I prefer to operate on the assumption she has been taken by a group and is still alive.

Did anyone else find it strange that when the police was asked if they had found her cellphone the police was kind of taken off guard by the question and added to his no that "not to my knowledge". I'm thinking they might have found parts of a smashed cellphone and don't know yet if it belongs to Hannah or something. Maybe it was just me who felt this way.

Anyway im new here, hi all!

That's what I believe as well..
Also possibly waiting on CRTC footage to confirm...
A bright orange car would definitely show up...it's just a matter of time....

I think they have video of the car leaving and can see there is a passenger, but can't determine that it is Hannah.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Just watched the rest of the press conference. I think the mom knows. Really heart-wrenching.

I certainly hope that LE is holding a lot back from us because if their evidence are these two videos and their witnesses are the WG who was acting suspicious in the 1st video & some other people in a bar drinking until closing, a defense lawyer is going to eat this up and the race card will be the Defense, you can count on that one. We now have 2 very angry LE Press Conferences with no new information except to confirm to us the "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" POI's name!

I have been on here from the beginning believing this guy was guilty (as well as the WG) and now I am even wondering. How can anyone think these PC's are a good thing? The POI drove fast to get away from the police and doesn't want to talk to them. Who honestly can blame him!

I'm thinking Morgan Harrington. I'm thinking a police officer as suspect in both Harrington and Graham.

Yes, that is a very logical thought. I have thrown out a lot of theories here, but I believe deep down this guy is going to turn out to be the guy connected to both.

The police do NOT break off pursuits of murder suspects. Just doesn't happen.

Well, he was outside of their jurisdiction at that point. He is not a murder suspect. They just want to talk to him, as the last person to have been seen with her. Which makes his silence, and now his running all the more suspicious.

I've been on WS for quite a while, but this is the first time posting in this thread. I hope it's Jesse, but if he's not the perp, then IMO they've made his life a living hell. My next door neighbor is a homicide detective. Several years ago 2 cops came to talk to my son about a graffiti incident at our HS. They said that they knew he wasn't involved but might have been a witness. We gladly allowed them to talk to my son. They spoke to him about a half hour. We have no idea what came of the incident. The next day my husband mentioned it to my neighbor, the homicide detective and he said never talk to the cops! He then said if you're ever asked to go down to a precent to answer questions, first get a lawyer. We were surprised, needless to say. I'm only rambling,because I keep thinking of the Olympic bombing and the poor guy that was accused and later proven to be innocent.

Isn't it the law in some countries that names aren't released until there are charges?

:welcome: to all the new members. It's nice to have more minds looking for answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal