VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does not bode well for Hannah.

“Jesse Matthew showed up at the police station yesterday, walked right through the front door with a couple family members,” Longo said. “He got inside and asked for a lawyer. We found him one. He talked to a lawyer and … they walked out the door. And I don’t know any more know than I did before about his interaction with Hannah Graham.” ... "I believe Jesse Matthew was last person she was seen with before she vanished off the face of the earth,” Longo said. “Let me repeat that. I believe Jesse Matthew was last person she was seen with before she vanished off the face of the earth. It’s been a week and we can’t find her. Someone knows where she is. Someone’s gotta know where she is.”

http://www.insidenova.com/headlines...cle_865681c2-4040-11e4-a18b-0710e0693940.html

I'm reposting this because it was at the end of the previous thread and I wanted to edit it to add an important thought (first sentence, last para).

---

Someone said that Longo's speech wasn't appropriate for a press conference. I would argue that it was exactly appropriate and showed the mark of a master at work.

Longo wants to find out what happened to Hannah, and believes there are still people holding onto information that could help the investigation. He wants to compel those holdouts, *including LJ Matthew,* to come forward and talk. In order to compel people to do something, you have to engage their emotions. You can't compel people by reciting a list of dry facts. You must weave those facts into a gripping story that tugs at their emotions, their conscience and their moral fiber.

If I were a person who knew LJ Matthew and couldn't believe he could be involved in this, but yet knew some facts that may point to his involvement, this press conference could've been enough to take me over the edge and call the police tipline.

If I were a person very close to LJ Matthew, it might compel me to urge him to go forward and talk to police. A person might be full of conflicting emotions, but an impassioned talk like Longo's can help that person to see that there is only one right thing to do--come forward and tell what they know.

Is there a link to the press conference? I missed it, and the link I clicked on is nothing but media people mumbling for a long time.

This is the link: http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-p...uled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918 ... but wait about 20 minutes for anyone to say something.

Someone asked in the last thread why the FBI might be investigating ~ one of the crimes the FBI gets involved with is kidnapping. Even if she got in the car willingly, I would guess she was then taken somewhere against her will and/or was not free to leave...

I guess I'm completely naive about all the sex trade talk on this thread. I guess I don't know much about the idea.

If he has done other crimes, he knows DNA is on file.

Would he go to the PD knowing that?

If he did something to HG, would he go to PD?

I don't know how one could run and hide, but I sure would if I had done it and knew it was a matter of time before I was arrested and facing the DP.

I keep reading FB comments from people who know him -- not just grandma -- and the recurring theme is that he is a big guy with a big heart and, as someone alluded to in the DM article -- perhaps even a bit slow. Someone who knew him from the past stated " No disrespect to Lj, I can't see him being intelligent enough to pull a heinous crime like this off in the since that the young lady is still missing this as the markings of someone whom may have done this before." I don't know if I am crossing the line on sleuthing him via FB comments, so I won't give any additional details.

One person after another -- seemingly from all walks of life, as far as I can tell -- who knows him or who has known him in the past describe him as a gentle giant with a kind soul -- big guy with a big heart -- and not so much as an evil bone in his body.

I'm of the innocent until PROVEN guilty camp in all of these cases. I just hope that this one doesn't turn out to be a case where they went after the "slow" guy because he was an easy target and they totally let the real killer off scot free.

If they do want him to get to someone else -- that may have backfired. Hopefully, there will be answers soon.

Mods...if I am out of line with this one...feel free to delete. I never quite know where the line is.

Agreed. I'm all for him being a POI, as he was the last known person to be with Hannah. But that is literally all we have on him. He has not been named a suspect, so as of right now LE doesn't even have enough to call him that. I need some hard evidence.

I wonder why Chief Longo keeps saying that a lot of people knew JM's name before he even said it. It's almost if he's insinuating something but I can't put my finger on what the point of continuing to say that is. Was he suspected of something else in the past that would make people remember him? It's crazy too how without the dreads he does fit the description that was given out at first. Did they purposely give an older description of JM? If so why?
In the picture posted above he almost does look like MH's suspect. Any thoughts on any of this? Anyone?

I wonder why Chief Longo keeps saying that a lot of people knew JM's name before he even said it. It's almost if he's insinuating something but I can't put my finger on what the point of continuing to say that is. Was he suspected of something else in the past that would make people remember him? It's crazy too how without the dreads he does fit the description that was given out at first. Did they purposely give an older description of JM? If so why?
In the picture posted above he almost does look like MH's suspect. Any thoughts on any of this? Anyone?

Its even weirder because there have been no shortage of people who have come out to say they know him. And yet, its still all positive.

"COVERT" probably means multiple small hidden GPS tracking devices.

C'mon Hannah!! Tell us where you are!!

On POI - JM:

If it looks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, and quacks like a duck, then I think we are dealing with a water-bird of the species Anatidea.

No point in denying it's a duck.

'

This needs to be on every page henceforth.

I did. Still no source for it though.

This is from the link I provided: "Matthew is a nursing assistant at the University of Virginia Hospital. Before going to work for UVA, he drove a taxi in Charlottesville. His former boss, John Amato, told us:

“He was a nice guy, always in a good mood, always easy to talk to. I never had any problem with him. He was always reliable to call. The customers really liked him, so I’d be very, very surprised if he were tied into this negatively in any way.”

http://wvtf.org/post/person-interest-named-charlottesville-investigation

This is the original source for the photo in the above link:

http://www.readthehook.com/81206/my-ride-jessie-mathew-1998-grand-marquis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads