VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew first spoke to authorities Friday morning without an attorney present.

"Lead investigator Detective Sgt. Jim Mooney said he spoke with the man Friday morning when police executed a search warrant at his apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way, off Barracks Road, "and I want to talk to him again." He declined to say what the man told him.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...tip-fails-to-turn-up-missing-teen-107303.html

Yes! and there has been a ton of misinformation in this case. Heck the chief thought JLM was a reflection at first! :gaah:

BBM - Which is crazy! Honestly, that was when I first started questioning everything. As soon as we saw the video, it was clear it wasn't a reflection. So how did they not figure that out before releasing the video??

Then it has to be from somewhere away from Tempo, right? Does anyone besides me remember reading that there are no cameras at Tempo?

I thought Chief Longo stated himself in the first press conference q&a that there are no cameras inside or outside of Tempo. This is all starting to run together for me.

One reason I don't think JM knew HG before this is because I would assume JM has a cell phone and if HG was meeting up with him then she would call him and he would pick her up and plus didn't police say she texted her friends multiple times while she was lost.

Maybe you have never heard of all these innocent people being railroaded and blamed for crimes they didn't commit. I'm not going to pretend that doesn't happen.

JM is a witness to the disappearance of an 18 year old girl. What is so scary about that?

I thought Chief Longo stated himself in the first press conference q&a that there are no cameras inside or outside of Tempo. This is all starting to run together for me.
I know I saw it or read it somewhere. I think. Lol
On the off chance I'm right, then they have video of the two in the car somewhere else after Tempo. Possibly driving by somewhere? Red light camera? I dunno...

I am guessing that he wanted to consult an attorney and that is what he did. The attorney probably advised him not to talk at all until he has retained an attorney. JMO

It's his right but he then can't be surprised if LE get angry that he won't help with their investigation. There is a young girl missing. They are desperately trying to get answers and JM has put up a massive road block that is stopping them from moving forwards

I still for the life of me don't understand how the first warrant they got was to sieze his car. Not to search his apartment but just to sieze his car. And during that seizure all of a sudden they had found something that amounted to probable cause in order to search his apartment.

So what could they have possibly seen in his car that allows for a warrant for his home, but not for his arrest?

I don't get it!:scared::shame::thinking::tantrum:

What time was this video of them leaving tempo? They stopped giving us times after the video at 1:08 at the jewelers. Eye witness account says 15 minutes at tempo before they left- which would put them past 1:20AM when the last text was sent. The only other thought was it was way before that- even before she as followed by WG because he started following her at 1:06 when she past sals?

There was no time given. Just AFTER they left Tempo.

JM is a witness to the disappearance of an 18 year old girl. What is so scary about that?

So you are just going to ignore the warrants and the aggressive language from LE during the press conferences? Okay.

There was no time given.
In the presser today, didn't Longo say they left between 1:20 and 1:40? Or am I hearing things again...?

ETA... wait. If they have video of them after Tempo, wouldn't they be able to pin it down a little closer than 20 minutes??

It's his right but he then can't be surprised if LE get angry that he won't help with their investigation. There is a young girl missing. They are desperately trying to get answers and JM has put up a massive road block that is stopping them from moving forwards

LE still should not be using him wanting to not speak without a lawyer against him. If they have evidence, use it. But don't use someone's right to protect themselves as evidence.

I don't think there are any cameras at Tempo. Longo did say in the press conference the other day that they have his car leaving the mall area on video. Then he pleaded with the public that if they saw her get into his car or her riding in his car to come forward and tell police. Longo said the same thing today which makes me believe they don't have an eye witness. The trail seems to run cold there.

I really think LE didn't want to tip JM off that they were looking for him at that time. Just MOO.

BBM - Which is crazy! Honestly, that was when I first started questioning everything. As soon as we saw the video, it was clear it wasn't a reflection. So how did they not figure that out before releasing the video??

i fear that jlm will commit suicide from his public media trial.

I think he will lay low and behave nicely for now... If this (imminent) arrest drags on a while, they might arrest him when he can't get to a gun, etc. to take himself out.

I agree. Too much information given out. IMO he should be discussing the search and keep the rest quiet until they have proof of anything... If it's not him, then I foresee him being a wealthy man once this is over with.
This. Exactly. I'm sure law enforcement know that they would have a HUGE lawsuit on their hands if JM is in fact innocent.. I can't see them doing all of this and risking it on little or no evidence..IMO. They have something imo.

I've never seen a reckless charged as a felony. It's a class 1 misdemeanor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stand corrected, I guess I was thinking of when someone is injured maybe? That's definitely a felony. Not sure. Either way doesn't apply here, so I was wrong.

They will be brought in if police want to question someone.

I have never heard of police giving names of lawyers for hire..that would appear to be a conflict of interest. If a person requests a lawyer that ends all questioning by LE. Either they arrest him and a court assigns a public defender(if qualified for one) or they hold him depending on the state ([24/48 hours] by which they charge him or release him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member