VA VA - Joan Cook, 45, Roanoke County, 24 Jan 2010

"Help Save the Next Girl hosts event in Salem's Joan Cook cold case"

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/salem/help-save-the-next-girl-hosts-event-in-salem-s/article_7d543351-83d5-5107-b2d3-bcce455464f7.html

The organization, which was founded in Morgan Harrington’s honor, has been hosting community events to raise awareness. The latest will be Saturday in Salem, where Joan Cook disappeared in 2010.

The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Dollar Tree store in Spartan Square on West Main Street , near where Cook disappeared on a cold January night

Joan Cook, shown with her daughter Ashlyn, was last seen by her family in January 2010.

557a08682c15d.image.jpg

"According to her husband ’s version of events, on Jan. 24, 2010, Joan Cook left her Salem house around 11:45 p.m. to walk down the street to visit a friend. Her husband, Michael Cook, stayed behind with their then 8-year-old daughter."
http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/s...cle_7d543351-83d5-5107-b2d3-bcce455464f7.html

My husband is a linesman with Comcast and was just digging in the Beverly heights area of Salem. He discovered what appeared to be a human clavicle and sternum and called police. It was then that I began to search missing persons cases from Salem and came across this missing woman. The police have taken the remains to the crime lab in Roanoke.

My husband is a linesman with Comcast and was just digging in the Beverly heights area of Salem. He discovered what appeared to be a human clavicle and sternum and called police. It was then that I began to search missing persons cases from Salem and came across this missing woman. The police have taken the remains to the crime lab in Roanoke.

Do you know what part of Beverly Heights ?

I was thinking about Joan today and it makes me sad that there are still no answers. 😞

Joan Renee Cook disappeared from her hometown of Salem, Virginia on the night of January 24, 2010. The 44-year-old allegedly left her home around 11:00 p.m. that night after telling her husband she was going to walk to a friend’s house. Joan’s sister told Dateline it was completely out-of-character for Joan to leave the house on foot late at night. She was never seen again. Family believes foul play is involved and say Joan would never leave her young daughter behind. For more on Joan’s case, visit the Find Joan Renee Cook Facebook page.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Were the clavicle and sternum ever identified?

Joan Renee Cook disappeared from her hometown of Salem, Virginia, on the night of January 24, 2010. The 44-year-old allegedly left her home around 11 p.m. that night after telling her husband she was going to walk to a friend’s house. Joan’s sister told Dateline it was completely out-of-character for Joan to leave the house on foot late at night. She was never seen again. Family believes foul play is involved and say Joan would never leave her young daughter behind. Joan is described as being 5’6” tall and weighing 120 lbs. Both of her ears are pierced and she has two known tattoos: a frog on her lower middle back and a string of flowers around one ankle. If you have any information on Joan Renee Cook’s disappearance, please call the Roanoke County Police Department at (540) 562-3265.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

DEC 5, 2022
Joan Renee Cook

joan_renee_cook.jpg

Joan Renee Cook disappeared from her hometown of Salem, Virginia, on the night of January 24, 2010. The Roanoke County Police Department told NBC affiliate WSLS that Joan left her home on foot around 11:00 p.m. and the last trace of the 44-year-old was a text from her phone the next morning. She was reported missing by her husband, Mike Cook. In 2015, Dateline spoke with Joan’s sister Carol Huffman Byer who said she believes foul play is involved as Joan would never have left her young daughter behind. In a news release a year after the disappearance, police said there had been no financial activity on Joan’s accounts. Police said there is no evidence that Joan is dead or that she’s alive. No suspects have been named in her disappearance. Joan is described as being 5’6” and weighing 120 lbs. Both of her ears are pierced and she has two known tattoos: a frog on her lower middle back and a string of flowers around one ankle. If you have any information on Joan Renee Cook’s disappearance, please call the Roanoke County Police Department at (540) 562-3265.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back