VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No new news yet this morning. I hate how some of your minds work, but the same thought ran through my mind. Wait I guess I hate how my mind works also, see what all you've done to me... Oh man.. I was really hoping for a found safe this morning.

Same here Pappa 😕

http://wtvr.com/2015/12/07/luggage-...ld-be-key-clue-in-19-year-olds-disappearance/

She texted that she made it there? to the airport?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ron...7a7f3dc27f!2m2!1d-77.2864879!2d38.0445557!3e0

I don't understand why her room mate's credit card was her only financial support.

Maybe she didn't have a card of her own and the roommate was nice enough to load Katelin's money on to hers? My daughter has done this for my son when he was transferring banks.

I'm wondering if there are cameras at the area she was supposedly dropped off at. I'm sure LE is checking that and her phone. I've seen nothing stating if her phone is still operating or shut down.

Subscribing.

Hoping for a positive outcome but it doesn't sound too good

I don't understand why her room mate's credit card was her only financial support.

Me neither, that seems weird to me.

As well as raising an eyebrow when someone was last seen with a step-parent, I also get a bit worried when someone goes missing just as they are due to return to college/university. I'm sure I can recall other cases where students are anxious about going back and either take off or commit suicide. The luggage being left behind is a concern for that angle though.

"Where is she", said Lisa Sullivan, Katelin's mother. Sullivan says the step dad, who lives in Spotsylvania County, claims Akens decided she wanted to go to Springfield Mall before going to the airport. She had planned to take the Metro to Regan National Airport to catch a flight.

http://telegraphtimes.com/2015/12/08/virginia-woman-19-missing-luggage-found-in-ditch/

katelin-akens2.jpg

"Her phone charger, her wallet, it still had her ID her credit cards, cash, her old glasses and her old plane ticket", said Katelin's sister Gabrielle Akens as she described what was in the luggage.

http://unionoracle.com/7581-police-looking-for-missing-teenage-girl-in-spotsylvania-co/

Digging deeper and reading comments under some of the missing posts have me quite concerned! Unfortunately, I think that the worst case scenario that we've all been thinking is possible might be true. 😕

To follow the train of thought some of you have begun vis-a-vis the step-father, I noticed from Katelin's FB page she seems to be in a relationship with another woman, which potentially could have been the source of some familial tension. This is also relevant because of the reference to a "roommate's credit card" being her only source of money (it would make more sense to me for a boyfriend/girlfriend to share or lend a credit card to someone else than just a plain old "roommate). I wonder if "roommate" was how the family referred to her girlfriend, which could also indicate a lack of acceptance/point of tension?

To follow the train of thought some of you have begun vis-a-vis the step-father, I noticed from Katelin's FB page she seems to be in a relationship with another woman, which potentially could have been the source of some familial tension. This is also relevant because of the reference to a "roommate's credit card" being her only source of money (it would make more sense to me for a boyfriend/girlfriend to share or lend a credit card to someone else than just a plain old "roommate). I wonder if "roommate" was how the family referred to her girlfriend, which could also indicate a lack of acceptance/point of tension?

I think you're right on this. Which is sad because they are an absolutely beautiful young couple.

It seems odd to me that the two photos of her that have been most widely shown in the media don't look like they are very current/reflective of her current appearance (different hairstyle, no "ear gauges," fewer facial piercings, etc.). And the "missing" flyer doesn't mention her tattoos, either. I could be reading too much into this, but it makes me wonder how close she really was to her family if they didn't have more current photos or info on identifying features, like piercings and tattoos, to share with the police/the media?

It seems odd to me that the two photos of her that have been most widely shown in the media don't look like they are very current/reflective of her current appearance (different hairstyle, no "ear gauges," fewer facial piercings, etc.). And the "missing" flyer doesn't mention her tattoos, either. I could be reading too much into this, but it makes me wonder how close she really was to her family if they didn't have more current photos or info on identifying features, like piercings and tattoos, to share with the police/the media?

My thoughts exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member