Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding it either, except I have read she had gone outside to smoke. What's even more strange to me is her friends had her keys and her car??? Why??? And it was ok with her??? :waitasec: MOO

JMO, if I was at any event with my friends and we were tailgating before the event (concert, football game, NASCAR race, etc...), I would probably end up being drunk. I know my friends would insist on taking my keys and not returning them to me until I was sober, EVEN THOUGH we were attending an event.

Imagine this possibility. Morgan decides she want to get another beverage from the car as she thinks she's sobering up. She asks said friend for the keys and they deny her request. She's ready to storm away telling her other friends she was going to the bathroom. They let her go to blow off steam and figure she'll be back.

They may have called Morgan, but there is no way anyone could hear a thing during the concert so I don't think they talked, not till it was over. They wouldn't even hear the phone ring. I think if Morgan was drinking then so were her friends, so why not give her back the keys. I do feel the friends know more then they are saying or they never even talked to Morgan after she left and now their covering their butts. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't understand their actions

I took too long typing my answer... the possibility was already raised... I apologize for stealing someone's thoughts.

Another thought I had on why they let her go and I know it was brought up before. They knew she was going to meet someone ahead of time. My friends and I would cover for each other in these situations but the world seemed safer back then...

The whole "why did she go outside?" part of this has always been a mystery.There is a total non-negotiable no re entry policy clearly spelled out at JPJ arena. There is a readily visible smoking area that keeps you within the arena, there are numerous bathrooms all over. Nobody has ever been able to really figure out why she left the building.Likewise, nobody here after 3 months has ever really figured out why the "friends" didn't bring her HER OWN keys.

I did volunteer work at an ampitheatre here that had rock concerts and such. I know we served liquor inside the venue, but we required ID. When we'd have some concerts, there would be tail-gating and such in the parking lot. Many people were already wasted before they even passed the gate.

IMHO, it would or could be almost impossible to allow people back in once they've left the venue, as who knows what they were doing outside. ie drinking?????? Anyway, they have to draw a line somewhere.

.....fran

Thanks Fran that helps me understand somewhat...but when a female is left out like she was alone,without keys to her car and nowhere to go, isn't there some kind of solution that could work?? Any ideas?

Sorry if this has been discussed, but have they ruled her death a homicide? or is too soon to know cause of death. thanks in advance

also, i pray for her family and am glad they can give her a proper burial and won't have to wonder for years and years where she is. may she rest in peace.

The whole "why did she go outside?" part of this has always been a mystery.There is a total non-negotiable no re entry policy clearly spelled out at JPJ arena. There is a readily visible smoking area that keeps you within the arena, there are numerous bathrooms all over. Nobody has ever been able to really figure out why she left the building.Likewise, nobody here after 3 months has ever really figured out why the "friends" didn't bring her HER OWN keys.

Exactly...

Smoking area within the JPJ property with the availability to go in and out.

Numerous restrooms

Supposedly according to LE MH was never caught on JPJ security video and apparently no one else captured her on cam or vid in the arena.

So how did she wind up outside?

Was she asked to leave? (she was under age drunk, she was hostile and upset according to some witnesses) Was she so intoxicated that she didn't realize where she was going? Did she want to grab another adult beverage from the vehicle? Did someone lure her outside with talk of a backstage pass?

Sorry if this has been discussed, but have they ruled her death a homicide? or is too soon to know cause of death. thanks in advance

also, i pray for her family and am glad they can give her a proper burial and won't have to wonder for years and years where she is. may she rest in peace.
LE has said they are investigating it as a homicide, but the ME has not ruled on the manner of death or the cause.

Well from reports I have seen (correct me if wrong) Morgan went out to use the bathroom. I don't have a problem with that, but she had a purse with her, so why would her friends have her keys and the ticket stub? I mean even if her friends drove there, wouldn't they hand the keys back to her once they got there? I also question how much she drank, I don't believe you would be allowed to drink inside, so the drinking had to be done before entering the building if she was that smashed would she even be allowed in? I think I read somewhere that a 4 th person was going to go with them to the concert but the name was never released who that was.........did anyone else read that? I understand the friends leaving, if Morgan really did tell them she was fine, but I would think they would have gone down and tried to get her back in first. It appears they had these plans to go for awhile to just let one stand outside with out trying seems really strange to me. I really do wonder if Morgan was planning on meeting someone there and that is why she went outside, giving her keys to her friends and saying if I don't come back I will find my own way home. Its just really sad, if I was one of her friends I think I would be speaking out.

She went "outside" the arena to use a bathroom? B/c they don't have any inside? but they do have them outside, but you can't get back in if you go outside? um yeah, no. She didn't go outside to use the bathroom, imo.

Did she go outside to smoke? No designated places to smoke inside?

Is this the "first" concert she has ever been to? So she didn't know the posted everywhere signs that says if you go outside you can't get back in, no matter what the reason?
Assuming signs like this are posted, they would have to be, or more people would be getting locked out.

I agree with other posters that she either had a plan to meet someone and not see the concert at all, which isn't likely, or

she did see the concert, and left with her friends, and something happened afterwards. Imo, that is the most likely scenario.

But, I don't know if there is video of her being locked outside, or witnesses from those in charge of the doors to keep people from coming back in, which btw is a really stupid rule. If they have proof of paying, there is no good reason to not readmit. jmo.

I have read about 2 witnesses who saw her outside the arena, but have read nothing about doorkeepers' statements, or video to prove she was locked out. Does anyone know of such statements or video? tia.

Exactly...

Smoking area within the JPJ property with the availability to go in and out.

Numerous restrooms

Supposedly according to LE MH was never caught on JPJ security video and apparently no one else captured her on cam or vid in the arena.

So how did she wind up outside?

Was she asked to leave? (she was under age drunk, she was hostile and upset according to some witnesses) Was she so intoxicated that she didn't realize where she was going? Did she want to grab another adult beverage from the vehicle? Did someone lure her outside with talk of a backstage pass?

Well, imo, that eliminates the possiblility that she was locked out, b/c banging on the doors and screaming would have been captured on video, yes?

So, was she locked out at all? Where did the info come from that she was locked out? Anyone know? tia

I apologize for asking a question that I know the answer is in this thread somewhere but ... Approximately how far from the areana was the body located?

Sad indeed. I have a friend who was notorious for leaving with people. You would go to look for her, start asking questions, and then find out she had left with someone. We have tracked her down many times. At my sister's bachelorette party, we went to the beach and my friend left with a bunch of people in a van, and the whole time, I was asking who they were, for a number, where they were staying, to please get out and come on with us, I was walking by the vehicle, as she left with them, and she didn't come back until the next afternoon. I was so furious with her. It sounds to me as if she met up with somebody and they promised something or whatever, and she ended up outside with no way back in or she could have been kind of led out. I can't believe she was not captured on video. Maybe she never went in at all. Maybe she drank too much and her friends took her purse and ticket and went in without her and left her locked in the car. She woke up, had to go to the bathroom, realized they had taken her keys and purse, tried to get in, couldn't and walked off or -- I don't know. It would seem if that was the case, she would have just sat in her car until they came back or something. It just doesn't seem right, but there are cases where someone meets up with someone and they leave with them, against everyone's wishes, and there is nothing you can do about it. I can't believe no one would go to the bathroom with her. I always go with whoever is going, just so they aren't alone and I am not alone, even now that I am old. I also make sure I tell whoever is staying to stay there until we get back, and I usually leave my purse or something. I hope there is forensic evidence that can point LE in the right direction.

I think Morgan's "friends" will find themselves sitting in on some very lengthy interviews with LE. Something's very very fishy here. How could they have her car and keys and just not get them to her - I don't believe the business about her saying it was okay, she would find her way home. That is a bunch of carp. I do think she was smarter than that.

I don't believe that was Morgan seen hitchhiking on that bridge. I feel like she was taken from the arena lot, and forced to make that last call. Perhaps she was even trying to send her friends a message by telling them she'd find her own way home (not likely the killer knew at that time she lived hours away).

I also think there are some details about what happened that night the friends haven't divulged. I realize the public isn't told the whole story, but from what we HAVE been told, it just doesn't add up.

I apologize for asking a question that I know the answer is in this thread somewhere but ... Approximately how far from the areana was the body located?

About 10 miles, southwest I believe.

she did see the concert, and left with her friends, and something happened afterwards. Imo, that is the most likely scenario.

Well i'm sure they checked cell phone records no? If the friends said she called them while she was outside or her friends called MH when she didnt come back.. They would have seen.. If she was with them till the end of the concert then there would not have been any calls made from or to during the time frame of the concert?

I think her friends claimed she went to the bathroom and couldn't get back inside the arena. And that they had her car and keys and that Morgan said she would find her way home. Does anyone else have a problem with that? I do. I think Morgan was smarter than that. Something very very fish here. Morgan's "friends" may well find themselves sitting in on some very lengthy interviews with LE very soon.

Edited to add: I haven't been to many arenas, but the ones I have been to never had an "outhouse", if you know what I mean.

So it's her friends who said she went to the bathroom and couldn't get back inside the arena. hm, no one questioned that?

I agree with this poster, the friends statements sound hinky, jmo.

Well i'm sure they checked cell phone records no? If the friends said she called them while she was outside or her friends called MH when she didnt come back.. They would have seen.. If she was with them till the end of the concert then there would not have been any calls made from or to during the time frame of the concert?

Unless she did call them from inside the arena because she did go to the bathroom and was having trouble relocating them?

I thought young people were more prone to text, than talk, fwiw. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82