Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
it also explains the hiring of attorneys by friends parents

i thought it was funny that LE said friends had cooperated fully.but yet they hire attorneys.usually means dont say anything to implicate yourself.

They have to analyze the evidence and determine the cause of death. At this point, they can't definitively say how she died, though they should be able to eventually. Patience.

Actually I think we have been quite patient. My point was with time passing evidence fades. Lets see...3 1/2 months now and still...nothing. Is LE dragging their heels on this one. I expected an arrest immediately after Morgan was found and still we wait.

Thinking about this a helicopter search would have found Morgan quite a while ago. I saw a helicopter picture of a flyover of where Morgan was found and it was quite clear. I know in Oct the hay/grass was high but after that how come no helicopter search in the 10 mile perimeter Dan Harrington talked about and so many said she would be found in?????

what really bothers me about this also is where were all the police on the outside of the arena.i cant believe no one in security or LE DID NOT see her trying to get back in?

well hopefully they will let us know how she was killed.it will rule out a lot of speculation.

Yes, either way- older friend, or fake ID somebody could end up in trouble and perhaps legal council told them all to totally clam up- hence the friends silence and seeming indifference.

by all accounts the kids have fully cooperated with the investigation....if they were "clamed up" on the advice of "legal counsel" wouldn't the police be the first people they would tell them to stop talking to.......yes it would....... wouldn’t it be much more reasonable to assume that everyone who is advising this kids is giving them the very GOOD advice to not talk in the media about an ongoing investigation?

People need understand that just b/c they aren't satisfying your personal curiosity does not mean they are not talking to anyone....

And on top of that by liquor while under age or for someone who is under age is like a ticket a very minor misdeminor no is going to frustrate a murder investigation to protect themselve from that.

Well, they aren't saying much but they have confirmed it's murder.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/235167

This article says the police have confirmed that her death is a HOMICIDE, which, according to a very informative post a few pages back from "rossva," is different from a MURDER, which means death was INTENTIONAL on the part of the person who killed the victim. Death caused by an accident or by neglect is a homicide, but not a murder.

Apparently, this finding rules out the theory that Morgan wandered off by herself and died of exposure.

MOO.

Actually I think we have been quite patient. My point was with time passing evidence fades. Lets see...3 1/2 months now and still...nothing. Is LE dragging their heels on this one. I expected an arrest immediately after Morgan was found and still we wait.

Thinking about this a helicopter search would have found Morgan quite a while ago. I saw a helicopter picture of a flyover of where Morgan was found and it was quite clear. I know in Oct the hay/grass was high but after that how come no helicopter search in the 10 mile perimeter Dan Harrington talked about and so many said she would be found in?????

I believe snow cover on the ground was an issue. I don't know when the first snows were in the area, but the grass would've likely remained high until the snow weighed it down. Local posters on Find Morgan indicated that the snow had only melted a few days before her body was found. If there hadn't been a thaw, Morgan might not have been found until the spring, if at all.

There's also the issue of the cost of operating a helicopter search -- IIRC, it's very expensive to operate a helicopter. There's also a lot of wooded area in that 10 mile area, where a helicopter search would not be fruitful.

I've said it before: I don't think we can fault LE for not finding Morgan sooner.

Even more spooky , nobody has definately said she was in the building...
I am thinking this:

She and her friends took that route near the farm where she was later found dead.
They perhaps had smokes and drinks.
Went up to that location followed by another car full of males.
Perhaps feeling safe MH decided to stay and party while her friends went along to the concert.
When she did not show later they panicked and all this became the mystery it is today..
again...
I have gut feeling she never made it to the concert.
The people she accepted the ride with never intended to get her there...
foul play indeed.

So let's say there was a meeting in this area?
They were supposed to hang out and party.
It got out of hand and this is the end resault..
what does that theory seem to you?

Till I read or see proof she was at the concert to begin with I am saying she never made it to the place..
she and her friends met males and partied here she did not go to the concert I bet..
what driving route did the bunch of them take anyway?
has LE questioned all of them about time they left?
Approximate time of arrival to the concert?

Why didn't all of them go to the bathroom at once like all friends do in a group?And wait for everyone?

F I S H Y story

not that they have done anything wrong by not waiting for her, but nonetheless, MH is dead and they are alive because they stuck together as a group...:rose:

So your theorizing the all the many several accounts which LE considers credible of her being sited outside the arena between 8:30 - 9:30 including, but not limited to, security personal she talked to trying to get back in, and the basketball players who she talked to, and several other parties that are unrelated to each other etc.........are all simultaneously lying even though their unrelated sightings fit together in a pattern......this would be one hell of a coincidence......?

AND

That the friends took Morgan’s cell phone with them to the concert to fake the 8:40ish phone call?

OR

That in the UVA police, the local police, the state police, and the FBI there is not one single person competent enough to check phone records and cell phone pings?

AND

That Morgan and her friends randomly decided to start partying in a remote field that is difficult get to in a town that none of them were from or even lived within an hour’s drive of and by all accounts none of them knew anyone there?

I mean I don't know how you can ever positively %100 say that someone was somewhere at some time in the past, but honestly there is enough piece for it to be really hard to believe she was not there.

The fly-over might of been considered more if people had not claimed they saw her here and there..see what I was saying about unless you really knew her..in a crowd of 17000 how could you be sure..but the people with the sightings and the running off with a boyfriend story hamper police in figuring out which way to go...
Well, the information from the medical examiner means she was shot..or some part of her bones were crushed in a way ..knife found...bullets ..toxicology would be hard ..only residue would show...duct tape...etc This is so sad.

what really bothers me about this also is where were all the police on the outside of the arena.i cant believe no one in security or LE DID NOT see her trying to get back in?

i'm to lazy to track it down, but i seem to remember security personal saying they saw her trying to get back in.....

i thought it was funny that LE said friends had cooperated fully.but yet they hire attorneys.usually means dont say anything to implicate yourself.

Where has it ever been credibly reported that the friends have retained legal counsel?

If that is what happenned, would this be the probable route that was taken?

http://tinyurl.com/map-from-stadium-to-Chopin

Might have gone that way, or they could also have continued on 250 (Ivy Road) to County Road 637 and then on any of several other country roads. I'd guess Taylor's Gap Road. It's a bit windy but if we're talking a local person familiar with the road it looks straightforward.

Does anybody know if there's a fishing access along the Hardware River there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA